Aferni

Gossip-ゴシップ-

Gossip is a new band and by the preview on youtube they sound pretty good considering they are the ex members of Jyulie.

They are releasing a live only single at one of their lives in September.

Here are the members.

Vo. Saku

Gt. Akane

Gt. Satsuki

Ba. ZERO

Dr. Hayate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roe_T6ZPvDs

Well, what's your opinion on their overall sound?

Not bad at all, the chords in the chorus are generic as hell though.

But the vocals are kinda cool, I'll keep an eye on this band.

now i know why this reminded me of the old gazette.

doesn't anyone think that the part from 0:24 on sounds almost identical to 1:35 in gazette's social riot machines ?

It was already confirmed that this is the gazette equivalent to Grieva.

Please explain, I'm a bit stupid.

^ I guess he means that while Grieva are known for copying Dir en grey's old vk style, Gossip are doing the same with the old Gazette style (which seems to be pretty obvious so far, especially considering it's JyuLie members xD).

Anyway, kinda looking forward to what they have to offer, even if it doesn't sound too original...could be good.

now i know why this reminded me of the old gazette.

doesn't anyone think that the part from 0:24 on sounds almost identical to 1:35 in gazette's social riot machines ?

The full song is literally an amalgamation of "Worthless War", "Social riot machines" and (probably riff-wise?) "Beautiful 5[shit]ers".

I was about to sit down and make a Gossip thread, but I thought to check if there already is one. These boys need more love! I need someplace to vent all of my impatience for the new singles.

Fucking love this band now. That compilation album is just fire from beginning to end, and they actually don't rip off gazette as much as I thought. Good description would be EP gazette mixed with Grieva, in a good way. While their riffcraft isn't on par with prime godzette, they make up for it by accentuating the savagery of that sound and amp it up.

The recent singles haven't exactly set the world on fire, but like Grieva I reckon the quality will fluctuate over time. Either way the compilation is more good material than most bands put out in their time.

it seems like they are getting more popular especially in gazette fandom because of obvious reasons lol 

i read on the internet that at the beginning they started like a "the gazette copy" or "tribute" like.... they should have been the 'new generation the gazette' (like Grieva for Dir en grey).... is it true? 

they started with this single/PV:

which is their best song so far.

everything else they've released either borders on being an offensive indie gazette parody:

or an amalgam of 2001-2005 prominent indie VK, clumsily ripped off and lacking talent, passion, and creative spark (for examples, check out any gossip b-side really); 

at least they typically serve above-average looks.

I also don't think they're really popular lol, oricon doesn't know ha

3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

they started with this single/PV:

which is their best song so far.

everything else they've released either borders on being an offensive indie gazette parody:

or an amalgam of 2001-2005 prominent indie VK, clumsily ripped off and lacking talent, passion, and creative spark (for examples, check out any gossip b-side really); 

at least they typically serve above-average looks.

I also don't think they're really popular lol, oricon doesn't know ha

I've always thought they are a sort of the gazette parody lol 

but I swear I read on the internet that their sublabel (the same of Grieva) basically wanted them to be a younger version of the GazettE.... and that's explain a lot since in GOSSIP you can clearly tell who is ruki, who's reita, uruha, kai and aoi... like a sort of cosplay lmao

they are popular in gazette fandom... but only in those weeks, that's what i was referring to. they are alive since 2014 but it seems the gazette fans noticed them only some weeks ago

32 minutes ago, Haru Kasu said:

Gossip is The GazettE that worked

You're treading on hot water there, mi amigo