Champ213

The Folk Metal Thread

Then you have picked some of the best. :wub:

As you guys may have noticed, I also created a "general" subforum for global music, for broader topics and anything that isn't specifically "american" or "european", like this one.

I like Folk Metal, but I haven't gotten around to liking a lot of bands yet. I like Ensiferum, Turisas, Eluveitie, I sort of like Korpiklaani but not so much anymore. But I'm always willing to try more cause I love the catchyness of folk instruments in metal.

Since i had some posts in the old Folk Metal thread too, i guess i should be in here :D

Not listening to too much Folk stuff anymore though, but i still love Subway To Sally, Eluveitie, Euquilibrium, Letzte Instanz and some more unknown bands like Svartby :)

Sup bitches.

Somewhat related:

I'm going to see Woods of Ypres and Battlesoul tomorrow, fuck yeah!

Any new releases from the Folk scene that I should check? I'm still lagging behind on new shit.

Any new releases from the Folk scene that I should check? I'm still lagging behind on new shit.
Well, there's the new album by Equilibrium.

I think I already recommended you "Sidh" by Bran Barr a while ago. And the latest albums by Heidevolk and Wulfgar, which were decent at least.

Things to look forward to is a new Elvenking album (first song can be previewed at their MySpace) and, hopefully soon, the next Turisas album. :spin:

They haven't updated their studio video diary in quite a while, which is a shame because I want to know if I won Warlords mic filter. ^o)

But they were gone pretty far already so it can't be that long anymore. Probably somewhen in autumn or early winter.

Means I need to get some money together by then, lol. Which could be a problem because I'm jobless and don't get money from anywhere but oh well I will obtain this album.

Well, there's the new album by Equilibrium.

I think I already recommended you "Sidh" by Bran Barr a while ago. And the latest albums by Heidevolk and Wulfgar, which were decent at least.

Things to look forward to is a new Elvenking album (first song can be previewed at their MySpace) and, hopefully soon, the next Turisas album. :spin:

I actually have that Bran Barr album on my desktop, I need to listen to that shit. I'm actually not an Elvenking fan I don't like the vocalist at all but still worth a shot. I have really enjoyed Wulfgar's release (The Death of Yggdrasil is a great song) and Heidevolk was pretty neat. As for Equilibrium, I listened to the majority of that album and I've come to the conclusion I really don't like the new vocalist. The only song from the new CD I enjoyed was Die Affeninsel. :(

I'm also waiting for that damn Turisas album, I was sad when I began anticipating a new studio video and found nothing. :(

Funny. I can barely distinguish the new and the old vocalist. I was quite fond of that album.

And well, there's also a new Alkonost album, if you care for them. I didn't check that one out so far though.

Funny. I can barely distinguish the new and the old vocalist. I was quite fond of that album.

And well, there's also a new Alkonost album, if you care for them. I didn't check that one out so far though.

I can but just barely, lolol. I take that back though I don't HATE the album but it's not as awesome as I figured it would be. But that's usually how things always turn out for me then a few weeks of not listening and one session of re-listening to the album will probably change my opinion.

I've never heard of Alkonost, I checked their page on Encyclopaedia Metallum and their genre(s) are appealing to me so I'll check them out. Thanks again Champ. ;D