Rocket Shinobi

Hello, I'm Rocket

Hello everyone,

I'm Rocket. I'm kind of new to these forums. I used to be a lurker under the name shimokita-dreamer back around 2010 but only made a single post and it wasn't an introduction. My friend CAT5 persuaded me to re-join. So without further ado let me introduce myself a little below.

I'm a 25 year old male who has recently graduated university and is stuck in a transition period. More importantly, I've been into Japanese music since 2001 via games and anime. However, I hadn't really become acquainted to specific scenes until late 2003 when I discovered the Japanese music communities on Soulseek and the Japanese Music Room forums which have since been shut down. Some of my favourite genres include: Hip Hop, Electronic, Jazz, Post/Mathy-Rock and anything in between. Although I'm open to listening/trying out music in all genres and languages. I'm well aware that this is mainly a VK forum and while VK is not usually in my wheel house I am still open for listening to VK recommendations anyone happens to throw their way. Do know however that it will be very hard to sway me over to the VK side. It is possible though (I'm looking at you Southern Hip Hop). I also have a weakness for sultry female vocals and female drummers. 

Anyways, enough about me. It's been a while since I posted on a forum so I may not be too active trying to find my footing and all, but I hope over the coming days, weeks, years, and millenniums! I will be a familiar name. I aspire to be the Rocket in everyones pocket.  B)

EDIT: Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. I'm already starting to feel like I belong here. 

To see what I've been listening to lately, click here: http://last.fm/user/tombikordek

Sometimes I DJ on plug.dj as Under_A_Rocket

I used to be a gorilla on TT.FM as Saint Gori-san

Any friend of CAT's is a friend of mine too :) Welcome to the community and all that jazz, It's great to have more people such as yourself who were formerly lurkers take the plunge and join in on the discussion and what not. Also you're right when saying this is predominately a VK forum but we don't advocate ourselves as one, first and foremost this is a Japanese music forum for all fans of Japanese music. Lately we've been getting more and more non-vk fans joining as well, so don't worry there are plenty of people here who have similar taste and interest as you.

Anyways welcome and take your time getting settled in with everything, also if you need help with anything you can of course ask CAT, but also any other blue or red names including myself ^_^ 

P.S. I sent you a friend request on last.fm, btw good taste <3

I'm a 25 year old male who has recently graduated university and is stuck in a transition period. More importantly, I've been into Japanese music since 2001 via games and anime.

Wait, are you a clone of me?!?! xD

Glad to have you here, dude. Hope you enjoy your time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone with a red or blue name annoy CAT5.

Ok, this is kind of a big deal for me. I know most ppl at MH have kinda pegged me as "the indie dude" and some here consider me a paragon of Japanese music knowledge, but Rocket Shinobi here has been one of the major influences on my musical journey. Yep, Rocket is pretty much an OG and belongs to a specific group of Japanese Indie fans that I consider my seniors - people that helped introduce me to the vast world of "J-indie" and many other forms of music in general. Basically, Rocket is one of my "ongaku sempais" if you will. So for me, It's both a pleasure and an honor that he actually registered here and made an introduction post no less. ; )

oh btw, Welcome Rocket! :3