Trombe

BORN new maxi single "Son Of A Bitch" release

it is announced at BORN one-man live tour "〜THE STALIN -SECTION 1-【OSMOSIS】〜" tour final at Shinjuku BLAZE at 2014/07/26 that their new maxi single "Son Of A Bitch" will be released at 2014/12/03 (3 TYPE)

limited edition TYPE A (2,700yen) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD (including "Son Of A Bitch" PV & PV making), limited edition TYPE B (2,700yen) will include CD (2 songs)+DVD (including "Son Of A Bitch" recording documentary movie), and regular edition (1,620yen) will include CD (3 songs) only

btw they will hold their one-man live "~THE STALIN -SECTION 2-【BRAINWASH】~" at Shinjuku BLAZE at 2014/12/29

LOL, Really? This isn't really that weird of a title... doesn't seem out of place for BORN, very different from Sadie's current situation (Which is TOTALLY ridiculous lol..)

Anyway, I still enjoyed The Stalin and this is me saying it out loud!

Looking forward to this!

Cool, last mini album rocked so I am looking forward to this.

Btw, none of these titles are more edgy, foreign, or just plain stupid than releases by X Japan, Buck Tick, or Hide, for example.

It was always a part of heavy rock music, and IMO is cooler than song titles with 20 obscure kanji, or some 'poetic' sentence about a flower.

A title is just a way to get attention, and it is working for BORN and Sadie, despite them being the bands that it is cool to hate.

^ so you are saying that Vk scene should be rather infesting with some hideous "Americanized" (it's wrong to say so but seeing as what really influences vk these days, it's already taken for granted) titles instead of retaining respected traits from the past? Wish you would even elaborate what makes "20 obscure kanji" or "flowery poem" titles "less cooler" than BS like for eg.  "FUGLY", "GANGSTA" (lmao), "THE STALIN -666-" (???) + various GazettE titles.

Looking forward to further 2003 MM-worship, Ryoga.

^ so you are saying that Vk scene should be rather infesting with some hideous "Americanized" (it's wrong to say so but seeing as what really influences vk these days, it's already taken for granted) titles instead of retaining respected traits from the past? Wish you would even elaborate what makes "20 obscure kanji" or "flowery poem" titles "less cooler" than BS like for eg.  "FUGLY", "GANGSTA" (lmao), "THE STALIN -666-" (???) + various GazettE titles.

Looking forward to further 2003 MM-worship, Ryoga.

In my post I pointed out how the many of the very first VK releases had Western styled titles with similar themes to get attention.

So how is this new or changing anything? And X Japan are far more 'respected' than pretty much any band.

VK and Rock always had an air of doing whatever you want, and defining your own sense of what is cool, rather than just trying to fit in. Yet when any band tries something different, or comes out with a loud title or look, people bash them for not following the status quo.

People also complain about bands looking too similar but when someone does something that stands out they are the target of all negativity.

Another popular thing is to compare them to other people to say they are copying someone as if that completely demerits them.

Japan, VK, Rock and music in general are centered around taking old things and recycling them into new products, yet this only applies as criticism to certain bands who are not in the 'cool books'.

IMO this band is way better than all the negativity they get, and there is nothing new about this title, but obv. It somewhat works as this thread as of my typing this has more replies and views than UNiTE.'s thread, which has way more content for a more popular band.

Friendly reminder that besides "Son of a Bitch", "GANGSTA" and "FUGLY", Awake had a tour called "Welcome to SWAAAAAAAAAAG ~ Re:start~". No wonder why many people who once did don't care about VK anymore. I think it's no excuse since VK has always had ridiculous names, like, ∀ile≠de〔∑u〕, but yeah, this needs to stop.

wellll i don't really "hate" BORN, no, definitely not. hey i even enjoyed some releases (like "Blasted Animals" and "Mother") that got totally destroyed by 'popular opinion' XD

still I find this particular title somewhat childish, shallow, and cheap. i dunno how else to describe it. surely they could do better? admittedly i'm rather ocd about titles, lyrics, and these "content"-related aspects of music - so i don't think the title should just be a proxy to grab someone's attention. honestly if vistlip releases something with this sort of title i'd be deeply ashamed to buy it because for me liking a band doesn't mean making me oblivious to their flaws or rendering them immune from my criticism.

of course, the music might still be good and that may offset my annoyance of having a title like 'Son of a Bitch'... we'll see :)

I think that people should never judge a song by the title, because often they are tricky. I could enjoy a song with a very long title and couldn't enjoy one with an acronym... Life is so strange... :)