blackdoll

アルルカン (Arlequin)

1980048_743040995718374_5323780521555251

Whats up guys, here we have a new band. After the last two single and the new single preview I'm thinking i really like them. For current vk, i'm thinking that they might be my number 3. I love the way they do metalcore, for me they do it best in vk (outside of vk I'm not sure). I like how the vocalist harsh vocals are not pathetic and are adding to the music. Clean sing wise it is good, but i not sure if he is really in it (singing from the heart), please tell what think about this. umm instrumental wise they have great break down, and other parts they are good. Also like the rap/cute bits. still waiting for them to make me cum.

Looks: I like the first one, individuals for for eclipse and the last 2 were great (the vocalist character especially) . eclipse pv was horrible though.

lol though you don't like the eclipse pv it was the reason for me to give them a try and listen to their songs  ^^ and I'm glad that I did, they're awesome *-*

I'm not sure which single I like the most.. I'd say every single xD but especially the first one

I'm looking forward to their new release Haakana. The PV SPOT looks really promising to me and it should be released in 8/9 days if I remember correctly?

btw I hope Kuruto is fine it's been already 4 months since his leg was/is injured does someone know something new about it? he should be fine by now.. I guess?

They're the like 1 random brvtal beep-boop-core band that's actually good. I enjoy most of their stuff, although their Stella single was pretty underwhelming. I see that they are also doing well in terms of domestic sales, so that's always a good thing (especially for being on a very new label). 

I'm not sure which single I like the most.. I'd say every single

I'm looking forward to their new release Haakana. The PV SPOT looks really promising to me

same

They're the like 1 random brvtal beep-boop-core band

it would be cool if they make 1 or two brutal songs at some point all harsh. but idk if the vocalist could pull it off.

Arlequin is probably in my top 3 at the moment, they might even be my 2nd favorite band right now. I love most of their stuff (two songs excluded) and I hope they won't disband ever ;_;

They're the like 1 random brvtal beep-boop-core band that's actually good. --

Agreed 100%.

--

I'm looking forward to their new release Haakana. The PV SPOT looks really promising to me and it should be released in 8/9 days if I remember correctly?

--

Yes, Haka ana will be released 7.30 so in exactly 7 days. I can't wait to get my own copy, I'm really digging the preview. 

btw I hope Kuruto is fine it's been already 4 months since his leg was/is injured does someone know something new about it? he should be fine by now.. I guess?

Kuruto injured himself in March but has been back in action since May actually, which is great to see.

Clean sing wise it is good, but i not sure if he is really in it (singing from the heart), please tell what think about this. umm instrumental wise they have great break down, and other parts they are good.

Aki's clean vocals were what drew me to the band in all honesty. He has a good range, doesn't sound (too) whiny or over-the-top, and generally does what a good vocalist has to do. I'm not quite sure what you mean by not "singing from the heart" - because to me he sure sounds sincere enough XD

In any case, people familiar with me will know that barring a handful of exceptions I'm not a big fan of metalcore and I find at least half of those stuff unlistenable (sorry). Still, I find Arlequin to be 1 of those that tread the line between metalcore and pop exceptionally well. Emblematic of this is, of course, their self-titled demo which showcases their versatility that (hopefully) can only improve with time.

Oh and my favorite song is 白死蝶 (though it's probably oh-so-boring to most other fans ;))

He has a good range. I'm not quite sure what you mean by not "singing from the heart" - because to me he sure sounds sincere enough XD

I'm glad you brought range up. yeah he does i guess. but he kinda always sounds the same which is fine, but later on this might turn me off.

"singing from the heart" i mean emotional (i have a thing for emotional vocalist). a good example would be angel satsuki (satsuki in rentrer en soi) since i dont think yuuki (Lycaon), karma (avelcain), or jin (nega) are your cup of tea. but i think if they make a ballad like Xepher did with Mahoroba i will be able to tell for sure.

I love most of their stuff (two songs excluded) and I hope they won't disband ever ;_;

what 2 songs? i could find a bad one

what 2 songs? i could find a bad one

I'm not a fan of that song on Stella with the long ass title. It's too mellow and bland for my taste, basically just a very uninteresting song. The other one is Fiction, but the main reason I don't like that song that much is I keep hearing Aki singing "Taina" in the chorus which is a Finnish female name :D It just sounds so random haha, otherwise I'd probably like it too.

"singing from the heart" i mean emotional (i have a thing for emotional vocalist). a good example would be angel satsuki (satsuki in rentrer en soi) since i dont think yuuki (Lycaon), karma (avelcain), or jin (nega) are your cup of tea. but i think if they make a ballad like Xepher did with Mahoroba i will be able to tell for sure.

Ah ok I think I understand what you're getting at.

I guess one reason is that A LOT of RES songs are just written in a way to be "dramatized" by the vocalist (Shinwa, Protoplasm, and a lot more). I'm not saying that's something easy to do because it definitely isn't - I can imagine people making a fool of themselves trying to sing like Satsuki. But at this point Arlequin is still relatively new so given their limited output which, like what you said, doesn't require Aki to vary his vocal technique extraordinarily I'm prepared to let it slide (at least for now...). It'll be nice if they can improve on this performative aspect. And to answer you, I'm ok with Yuuki and to a smaller extent Karma. Sadly Jin is unlistenable for me XD I also agree with what you say about Xepher - Ran is capable of so many vocal textures and gradations it's insane...

I'll stop here before I go off-topic (*_*)

I'm not a fan of that song on Stella with the long ass title. It's too mellow and bland for my taste, basically just a very uninteresting song. The other one is Fiction, but the main reason I don't like that song that much is I keep hearing Aki singing "Taina" in the chorus which is a Finnish female name :D It just sounds so random haha, otherwise I'd probably like it too.

:huh:  i was wrong i thought it would be the pop-ish ones.

Ah ok I think I understand what you're getting at.

I guess one reason is that A LOT of RES songs are just written in a way to be "dramatized" by the vocalist (Shinwa, Protoplasm, and a lot more). I'm not saying that's something easy to do because it definitely isn't - I can imagine people making a fool of themselves trying to sing like Satsuki. But at this point Arlequin is still relatively new so given their limited output which, like what you said, doesn't require Aki to vary his vocal technique extraordinarily I'm prepared to let it slide (at least for now...). It'll be nice if they can improve on this performative aspect. And to answer you, I'm ok with Yuuki and to a smaller extent Karma. Sadly Jin is unlistenable for me XD I also agree with what you say about Xepher - Ran is capable of so many vocal textures and gradations it's insane...

I'll stop here before I go off-topic (*_*)

yeah i agree with everything you said. anyway cool chat!

New single is great but I am starting to get the feeling that they need new ideas for heavy main riffs, since Zou it sounds a bit like variations of the same one. Either way I love the PV for this one, good kicks... XD

^fuck you beat me.

Anyway this band is what its about they just keep getting better. the new single was lovely as fuck , so fun. but: the first track didn't really go anywhere, and the second track was ummmm idk was like heavy but i felt like it was missing something, maybe a little messy. I still loved it. I'd say they are the third best j-core band. still don't now where they rank yet waiting on 2 other releases.

^fuck you beat me.

Anyway this band is what its about they just keep getting better. the new single was lovely as fuck , so fun. but: the first track didn't really go anywhere, and the second track was ummmm idk was like heavy but i felt like it was missing something, maybe a little messy. I still loved it. I'd say they are the second best j-core band. still don't now where they rank yet waiting on 2 other releases.

Where did you find the new single? O_O 

Where did you find the new single? O_O 

look at my status

I am really damn pleased with this band, it isn't often that I find something new (well, a new formation, the band-members are all familiars) that I can enjoy for once. Aki should mind his inhales though on the death vocals, if he wants to keep his vocal chords in good shape he should really change techniques.

Aki should mind his inhales though on the death vocals

be great if they were death vocals. you mean harsh/unclean

Now that I've had enough time to listen to the single, I gotta say that it's the most awesome and most solid single they have released so far. Every song is well composed and keeps me interested, I just wish that single had more songs haha.

So first of all I got to say wow. I actually liked their single quite a bit which is a pretty big deal because I don't really like anything VK these days but musically I was very entertained, good job. I will definitely be keeping an eye on them in the future.

STOP THE PRESSES, SAKU LIKES A VK BAND!

No, but seriously, I liked them when paradoxal shared them with me in the Tradeoff, so I guess I'll have to check out the new single!

I mean I don't think they are the best thing I've ever heard and I probably wouldn't rate it higher than some of my other favorites from this year so far, but it was good and I enjoyed it... Basically I would listen to it again and yeah that's a pretty big deal for me I guess XD

Outside of liking the name Apoptosis (because bio nerd), the song is sooo well executed to me for some reason.
Aki's seemingly emotionally charged vibrato and inward screams building up to the chorus blew me away, and while the chorus itself isn't that special... The instrumentals... *mind blown*
Also the breakdown, I wub wub wub it ( <- don't kill pls).

4 songs live on this channel

idkb if i was expecting to much but the album was nothing special. for now i blaming DADAROMA and Lycaon - anima (since it's up arq's ally). also his voice aint doing much anymore.