clear1985

What are your favorite manga?

What are your favorite manga?

I'm a huge fan of manga. So, I just like to know yours to make sure that I'm not missing anything. :lolita_cheerful:

Thanks.

Is there any particular type of manga you like reading?

More on the horror side, I guess some things by Junji Ito especially Gyo, and by others there's Gantz, Hideout and Terra Formers (although i've not caught up and it's not finished, I appreciate the amount of research gone into it). And there's also works by Kago Shintaro

Don't know how to describe these, but of things like Oyasumi Punpun and Eden: It's an Endless World. Kind of have melancholic themes runnign through an average persons head. Eden is slightly less 'normal' due to the post-apocalyptic theme.

Don't know if I described these right but yeah > < i'll elaborate if you want when i'm less tired and more eloquent

Then there's the shonen-ai section with Let Dai.

Made me cry so much you have no idea, I had to leave it a month before I could finish the last three volumes 

I guess bigger ones could include One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore and of course, the new star, Toukyou Kushu xD

Badass manga:

Gantz, Dogs Bullets Carnage, Fist of the North Star, Jojo, The World is Mine, Loveless, 青のExcorcist, Reborn, GTO, MPD Psycho (character has same name as me, yesss, but a different kanji), Gundam Ecole du Ciel, Macross TRASH, Devilman, Astroboy, etc...

Theres so many good mangas, so thats kinda difficult for me. Also i dont really like comparing entirely different genres.

The first thing that came to my mind is Holyland, though. Reread it quite some times.

I'm gonna break this up into 2 categories choosing my top 10 in no particular order.

Ongoing:

Akame ga Kill

Ubel Blatt

Berserk

Itoshi no Karin

Komomo Confiserie

The Legend of Maian (3+ years no update x_x)

To-Love-Ru Darkness

Futari Ecchi

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Hayate The Combat Butler

Completed:

Absolute Boyfriend

Chibi Vampire

Kagetora

Bakuman

Velvet Kiss

Love on the Job

Maid Sama!

How to Go Steady with a Nurse

magico

The Flowers of Evil

completed:

Beck

One Outs

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Elfen Lied

Gantz (besides that last arc, ugh)

Buraiden Gai

Hellsing

SOUL EATER

Death Note

ongoing:

Kaiji 

Gambling Empreror Legend Zero

Liar Game

Claymore

Hajime no Ippo

BREAK BLADE

Gintama (have yet to read from the very beginning but already know that it'll be one of my favorite manga ever)

20th Century Boys

Akumetsu

Junji Ito's stuff

Gantz (like Gaz, minus the final arc. FUCK that shit)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Suehiro Maruo's stuff

Kamen Rider Spirits

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

The Drifting Classroom

Some of Shintaro Kago's things are great as well, some of it is a bit too extreme for my tastes

There's lots of great ones but I guess some of my faves should be

Death Note
I'll
Nabari no Ou

Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna
Dogs Bullets Carnage

Considering this one is still ongoing, I'll keep it away from my main list but I've come to really love Tokyo Ghoul. Started Deadman Wonderland and Ajin recently and they seem really promising too.

I tried Air Gear but just couldn't get into it i'm afraid > < I know someone else who has had a similar experience

Considering this one is still ongoing, I'll keep it away from my main list but I've come to really love Tokyo Ghoul. Started Deadman Wonderland and Ajin recently and they seem really promising too.

And I'd forgotten about Ajin!! Definitely need to start that one up again

Lol Naw air gear Manga is amazing, 10x better than the anime with that awful anime only ending that doesn't have anything to do with what happens in the Manga. Plus Ito "OH GREAT" Ogure is an amazing mangaka, can't wait for him start a new project since air gear is over.

Plus air gear has anime Obama! I'm not shitting you, I'm for real.... Some of the most hilarious panels I've seen in a Manga :lol:

1ff73eeb93c1a0_full.jpga6c93b5c896ea6e677fe994d7130f2f11238857908.jpg

Here are some of my favorite ongoing series (and yes I mainly like "comfy" slice-of-life series, I've gotten disinterested in "battle shounen")

(I get an adrenaline rush from Brynhildr though, awesome manga)

Shoujo:

Nukoduke

Horimiya

Taiyou no Ie

Hibi Chouchou

Sienen/Shounen:

Himouto! Umaru-chan

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr (I'm addicted to this series)

Denkigai no Honya-san

Tsuki! Tsuki!

To-Love-Ru Darkness (2lewd)

I don't read manga for months now, but there's a list of mangas I like:

Gantz (that ending was disappointing, but the whole manga was badass at least XD)

Bleach (I kinda have a emotional connection with it)

Naruto (same as Bleach)

One Piece (actually I only read some volumes of it, I prefer the anime)

Pokémon Adventures (I love Pokémon, and this manga is just perfect till the Silver/Gold/Crystal saga ends)

Dragon Ball (a classic, I started reading it cause a publisher in country is publishing it again. Unfortunately I didn't buy some edition and now I'm stuck with my reading since I don't like online reading anymore... But I'm gonna buy the editions I don't have XD)

Toriko (dude that is insane, I like it)

High School of the Dead (just because I liked the anime and now the Full Color Edition is being published here)

Fairy Tail (so much feels dude)

Air Gear (I still gotta read it to the end, the art is just badass)

Astral Project (the time I read it, was a great thing for me)

Bakuman (fucking loved it)

Maybe there are other mangas I like but I don't remember now. 

air gear manga is so awful D; almost that awful as kenichi. though, AG anime was pretty cool. 

Totally the opposite LOL I first read the manga, then I got to watch the anime and only liked the opening theme. BACK-ON is cool~

Death Note

Claymore

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

One Piece

D.Gray-Man

Kuroko no Basket

Karneval

Loveless

No. 6

Jappa no Amane

Apocalypse no Toride

Dogs Bullets and Carnage

Orange

Mairunovich

Reimei no Arcana

Call My Name

Pupa

Zekkyou Gakkyuu

Don't force me to pick. A mixture of recent favourites, and very grateful random finds years ago that I cannot forget.

Eyeshield 21

Gantz

Hunter x Hunter

Detective Conan

Excel Saga (The anime is nowhere near as fun as the manga. The fact that Elgala isn't in it alone is just a travesty.)

Real

Petshop of Horrors

I love D.Gray-Man as well, but it's one of the only series that I think actually works better as an anime.

Edited by violetchain

I feel I'm following 50+ series but I don't love mangas as much as before.

My current favorite is Mori Kaoru's A Bride's Story, her talent and patience is incredible.

Also like Shirahama Kamome's Tongari Boushi no Atelier, Ookubo Kei's Arte, because I'm in a warm-shoujo-mangas-without-too-much-romace mood

And Shimizu Aki's manga version of Kyogoku Natsuhiko's Hyakkiyakou series. Too bad only one novel in this series has been translated into English.