Sign in to follow this  
doombox

Crossfaith

weird, it say sth like "Content not availible at the moment" in german for me. maybe it is only visible to north american IP adresses?

I guess. It's strange though, I would have never thought you could modify things like that on facebook. 

Anyway... I took a quick screencap for you just so you can see what I'm seeing, if you wanted.

I think Apocalyze is as good as every album they make , they are a band that moves around and cant stand still in one place doing the same stuff over and over again , their first ep was one of the best melodic deathcore released , for their first full album they tried something different by mixing Industrial and Melodic Metalcore , Zion was what a lot ppl call Trancecore , a mix of Metalcore and Trance , well Trancecore is in reality Freeform Hardcore a subgenre of techno and what they mean is Electronicore , but only now with Apocalyze they encompass what true Electronicore is . I hope theyre next release will also be in a new direction cause thats what i love from them , also Koie is the best shouting(grownling , shouting is what most ppl call growling , growling in reality is heard in death metal and it sounds lower) vocalist in japan , but he has an amazing clean voice as well so hope they do something that would show this part more as well .

I think Apocalyze is as good as every album they make , they are a band that moves around and cant stand still in one place doing the same stuff over and over again , their first ep was one of the best melodic deathcore released , for their first full album they tried something different by mixing Industrial and Melodic Metalcore , Zion was what a lot ppl call Trancecore , a mix of Metalcore and Trance , well Trancecore is in reality Freeform Hardcore a subgenre of techno and what they mean is Electronicore , but only now with Apocalyze they encompass what true Electronicore is . I hope theyre next release will also be in a new direction cause thats what i love from them , also Koie is the best shouting(grownling , shouting is what most ppl call growling , growling in reality is heard in death metal and it sounds lower) vocalist in japan , but he has an amazing clean voice as well so hope they do something that would show this part more as well .

Fixed that for you. Because really, you need to chill with shoving all of your labels down everyone else's throats, please. With all that taken out, you still made your point just fine ok.

I agreed, Apocalyze is a solid album. I don't understand why so many people hate on it. I don't think Ken is the best screamer in Japan, but he's definitely up there among the current modern vocalists in his scene. He could use more dynamics in his range. His lows are great, but his highs could use work, imo. His clean voice has come a long way since the first album. I think we'll be hearing his cleans more and more. 

If you dont like using genres than dont use them but dont tell others how they should view or describe the bands they like , the genres where made for something not just out of boredom . For now as i see im always the bad guy here when you all always do the same stuff telling me how should i describe a band and what to say and what not . Seriously this is the only forum about music im on that is that close minded and trys jumps always on the ones who use genres to label music , thanks im seriously thinking lately of going back into the shadows and just leeching the music .

You don't realize that when you go into all the genre talk, it's often out of nowhere and is not adding to your conversation. It's actually convoluting it and making you sound really pretentious and condescending like you know everything about music and you're blessing us all with your presence here. If you tried to stay on topic more, or make your own threads to talk -specifically- about genres, then you'd make a whole lot more friends. I'm trying not to just ignore your comments, because we actually seem to like a lot of the same bands and when you're not going into all of that, you have some really valid opinions on things. But all your lazer focus on genres, no matter what the original topic was, is really hard to deal with and distracting in normal conversations. We're just asking you to tone it down.

To spare the thread, if you want to talk about this more in depth, pm me. I'm civil. I promise.

Updated Releases page with MADNESS information.

Release of 'MADNESS', SONY major debut single · 1,800 yen / 1,000 yen Regular Edition, Limited Edition:

xfxdle.jpg

Tracklist:

1. MADNESS
2. Dance With The Enemy
3. S.O.S

Limited Edition comes with a DVD, live documentary clip of DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL 2014.

Also the OHP was updated with new profile picture.

35bebgz.jpg

All black everything, and then there's Tatsuya. XD

Fixed that for you. Because really, you need to chill with shoving all of your labels down everyone else's throats, please.

What the fuck does it matter? Let the guy do his thing, because last time I checked, he wasn't being a prick and crossing out your posts and "fixing" them.

I mean you can dislike the guy's posts; but come the fuck on. Acting like this, you're no better than the person you're trying to ridicule.

Honestly? Hating on kurenaishineek is turning into a meme, and I'm afraid some of the community is jumping on the bandwagon just because it's the latest trend.

I really don't see what Ku did wrong here.......Digitalbounce I do hope you realized you just came off as a major rabid fan girl/fan boy. Chill. 

Anyways, I have curiosity for this new single. Lets see if it comes out better than their last album. I also wish their guitarist a speedy recovery. I really never thought Guitarists of anyone could suffer from injuries such as this. You learn something new everyday. 

It's over guys. We've moved onto pms. I won't go into anymore in this thread about that conflict.

As for the single, I'm really curious to see how major label suits them. But I can't imagine a huge change from the recent stuff.

Just saw they have headlining dates for the UK & EU listed in November.

e696dh.jpg

Kinda surprised they're already rebooking for the end of October for a month long tour... I hope Kazuki is getting enough time to recover.

So, what do you guys think about the new song "MADNESS"? I personally loved it. I kinda miss the screaming, Kenta's screaming is pretty unique, but hey!, his clean vocals are nice too. 

It's middle of the road for me. I was hoping it would grow on me but I find it kind of forgettable. I'm hoping the other songs on the single have a little more oomph to them. I do really like Ken's cleans in the verses, but thats about the only parts of the song I enjoy. Tatsuya and Hiroki feel like they got put in the backseat and told to keep it lowkey this time around, and the drums are a huge factor for me in what keeps them equal parts metal and electronic. But they really upped the electronic parts in this to where all I walk away with is the vocals and synth. Guitar riffs in this weren't as catchy as some of their other material either, so that also left things fairly lackluster for me. Maybe all of those teasers made me expect something way more epic. 

Overall, I'm just hoping this was a test for Sony to water them down a bit and see what crowds react to it so they know how to market them since this was a debut single... but it's too early to tell. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, and I don't find the song to be so bad I can't listen to it or anything, it's just not gonna be on heavy rotation in my playlists.

I feel the same as digitalbounce,It's not bad but there is room for major improvement. If the other 2 songs share a similar sound, hopefully any feedback they get out of this single will help them rework how they approach it if they plan to go that direction for their next full length. Even though Apocalize is my least favorite album by them and this song is nowhere near as good as it could have been, I still love these guys and will always be looking forward to what they release! (and if sony does try to control them, I hope they at least put up a fight about it.)

I found it absolutely atrocious and boring, devoid of any ability to make me feel as exhilarated as previous "hits" of theirs. I already didn't like much of Apocalyze to begin with (after what, to me, was their pinnacle: Zion), and this goes even below the level of those songs. Nothing memorable, nothing powerful and most of all nothing catchy about it. Just some half-assed shouting over a half-assed electro BGM that sorely lacks a punch.

I'm still waiting to hear the B-sides but after experiencing this new track I'm not that optimistic anymore.

Overall, I'm just hoping this was a test for Sony to water them down a bit and see what crowds react to it so they know how to market them since this was a debut single... but it's too early to tell. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, and I don't find the song to be so bad I can't listen to it or anything, it's just not gonna be on heavy rotation in my playlists.

You're a bit more optimistic than I am. This single took everything Crossfaith was about, and watered it down to feature more cleans and an emphasis on the electronic parts. Their previous album hinted at this change; but here it is even more evident.

I became turned off to their music when Apocalyze came out, and with this single I have grown even more distant. There's no longer that energy I had in anticipation for new releases. Instead that's been replaced with dread: a fear of where they're going with their music and what it will become.

You're a bit more optimistic than I am. This single took everything Crossfaith was about, and watered it down to feature more cleans and an emphasis on the electronic parts. Their previous album hinted at this change; but here it is even more evident.

I became turned off to their music when Apocalyze came out, and with this single I have grown even more distant. There's no longer that energy I had in anticipation for new releases. Instead that's been replaced with dread: a fear of where they're going with their music and what it will become.

You're not alone there, it seems to be the common consensus that they've gone downhill since Zion (and to others a steady decline since their first album). But I'm not afraid of them leaving the metal genre... so maybe that's why I'm more optimistic? ^^; However, Madness left a LOT to be desired in either genre and like I said before, I can understand why a lot of people are disappointed with the direction they're taking. You hit the nail on the head with what they're emphasizing now, it was all Ken, Teru, some bland riffs and a basic drum beat. It just feels like they wrote that purposefully holding back to me. But maybe that's just how my brain is trying to rationalize it.

Amen! I am still crossing my fingers for Madness being the softest song on the single. I know a few other bands that do that regularly.

I have this EP and I listen to this song a lot, but it didn't really hit me how much I missed Ken's voice over this until I saw this video this morning. Right in the feels. ;3;

Sign in to follow this