Sign in to follow this  
doombox

Crossfaith

I'm not crazy about the single, either. Major disappointment (pun intended!). I find little glimmers of cool things in Madness and S.O.S, but it sounds like they have a way to go before they make this new style work for them and feel genuine. I don't mind lighter styles of music from bands that used to be heavy. However, it has to feel like a natural progression and this single just feels really forced to me. I agree it's probably due to Sony (I felt that way from hearing Madness the first time anyway). This won't be getting many plays in my lists, but I'm too stubborn to let 1 mediocre single wash away 4 albums I thoroughly enjoyed. I'll wait to see what they do on their next album. 

I liked the b sides more than madness, but yeah it was pretty disappointing overall. Just like ender-ender, I'm also very stubborn and won't give up hope that their next release will be far better than this. If it isn't... well I guess ill just stick to their old stuff until they end up releasing something good again. 

The B-sides are redeeming and as much as I hate to admit it, I'll probably listen to them from time to time. SOS is the most appealing to me.  With that said, this is the new CROSSFAITH.....all hail.

In hindsight, I am still pretty disappointed in the band. I know some here have some hope in them which is cool. However, in my opinion, they went downhill too fast. I expect this kind of decline after about the 4th album or maybe later. I really hate using the term "selling out" but CROSSFAITH is a clear example of this. Its gotten to the point where one of their members is in a session band that's doing anime music. While this new single's B-sides are solid, I hope the album shows some kind of progression....

...Its gotten to the point where one of their members is in a session band that's doing anime music...

this is one of the good points actually. their own music isn't really worth mentioning anymore (live-shows aside, they still seem to be pretty awesome with those)

Havent heard the single (or B-Sides) but i cant say i was surprised how they panned out.

The move reminds me of the early ExistTrace days when they were still considered a death/Doom metal band. now they just seem to be alt-pop/rock.  I can overlook the fact that their playing isnt very technical and such but C'mon now...

Its a terrible plague that a lot of bands seem through. So far the GazettE, .lynch, Girugamesh, and a few other of my favs went through it and eventually started writing stuff that's appealing again. I have hopes this will be the case for Crossfaith as well.....even though I'm getting this vibe from them that is the direction they've always wanted to go in. 

I'm getting this vibe from them that is the direction they've always wanted to go in. 

What makes you say that? I'd say maybe since 2012 they might have had this goal, but their demos and early work don't suggest they showed any interest in going mainstream at that time, imo.

Guest lynchisizer

MADNESS was... ok o: but I hope they won't go any further into the direction of MADNESS, it wouldn't be that cool if they would only focus on clean vocals and dubstep in the end D: I think the mix of everything like in Apocalyze was very cool, and I hope they will stick to this style :o

I feel the same. I hope the album has some heavier songs than this, and they are just diversifying their style more to have some songs that are easier for mainstream fans to digest. But the b-sides on Madness are killing that hope somewhat. I don't know. But I do have faith that they seem to change things up every couple of albums so even if I don't like this "phase" of Crossfaith, there will probably be more good things down the road a ways.

Crossfaith is a live band, they sound dull on recorded stuff, but on concerts its pure madness. I don't know how they are doing it, but the crowd just goes crazy. Yesterday was so awesome. I have a hard time listening to them on my laptop or mobile phone, but I would NEVER miss a concert. The energy is blasting you away.

Madness was sticking out yesterday, as it is a more dancable song, with lesser heavier parts and break downs and all, but it still worked fine with the crowed and enjoyed it live a whole damn lot more.

I mean, excuse me, they even can turn a soundcheck into a party XD

Crossfaith is a live band, they sound dull on recorded stuff, but on concerts its pure madness. 

their EP was just amazing and for a while i was pretty obsessed with them but right now i cant even listen to them anymore.

their EP was just amazing and for a while i was pretty obsessed with them but right now i cant even listen to them anymore.

Same opinion here. I was addicted to that EP for a while and then it just got boring again :/

So i heard off some blog somewhere that these guys are now signed to a U.S Label.

They were signed to a US label before- The End Records. But when they signed with Sony Japan they moved to Razor & Tie (which is Sony backed).

Lol Ken and his sound effects and then when Hiroki picked him all suspicious "what do you wanna do with my body?...>_>;;;"

They're getting much more comfortable with English interviews. This is great.

Sign in to follow this