Crossfaith

3136nvs.jpg

Members:

Kenta Koie - Vocals

Terufumi Temano - Panorama, Program

Kazuki Takemura - Guitar

Hiroki Ikegawa - Bass

Tatsuya Amano - Drums

Crossfaith is a Japanese metalcore band from Osaka that was formed in 2006. The band is considered to play the style of music known as electronicore, due to their blend of influences from metalcore, industrial metal, hardcore, metal and electronica. They have thus been described as “Slipknot tearing The Prodigy limb from limb.”

Releases:

Apocalyze [2013.08.07]

Zion [2012.06.20]

The Dream, The Space [2011.04.20]

The Artificial Theory For The Dramatic Beauty [2009.04.01]

Blueprint of Reconstruction [2008.??.??]

((They have some demo releases that I can't find exact dates for but if anyone would like to chime in with that I'll update the post.))

Official links:

======

Is anyone else going to see them when they tour with The Amity Affliction this fall? Has anyone else seen them live? They tour outside of Japan a lot and with bigger bands like Bring Me The Horizon, Of Mice & Men, Enter Shikari, and they did Vans Warped in the US and UK. They've been my favorite non-vk band for a while now and even though Ken screams 90% of the time, I find their music isn't so heavy that it alienates people who wouldn't normally be into metal. I'd love to have other Crossfaith fans to talk to around here.

Most down to earth band i have had the pleasure of seeing so far on this journey of musics. 
Recommend to anyone.

edit: digitalbounce i will see you at one of their cali shows i know that for sure.

I second that. They really are super friendly and fun guys. I'm so excited that they're back.

I finalized my tickets and I'll be at all 3 California shows, Vancouver BC, Atlanta, all 3 Florida shows, and Dallas. I hope we get to finally hang out! 

I second that. They really are super friendly and fun guys. I'm so excited that they're back.

I finalized my tickets and I'll be at all 3 California shows, Vancouver BC, Atlanta, all 3 Florida shows, and Dallas. I hope we get to finally hang out! 

werd i still need to get my ticket. i might be going alone this year orz

but how long have we known each other lol finally

What release would you recommend most to newcomers (like myself for instance)?

Zion and the dream, the space

@Cat: Zion all the way! To me that is the release that most encompasses their high points electronica- and metalcore-wise, plus almost all songs on it are catchy as hell!

That said, so far that one is their last good release as far as I'm concerned. Their first EP thingie from 2009 was pretty solid, and the album that came afterwards was somewhat okay too but their latest full-length...just no. Maybe a very small handful of cool tracks and then lots of filler and uninspired feather-light alternative-metal-copying.

@Cat: Zion all the way! To me that is the release that most encompasses their high points electronica- and metalcore-wise, plus almost all songs on it are catchy as hell!

That said, so far that one is their last good release as far as I'm concerned. Their first EP thingie from 2009 was pretty solid, and the album that came afterwards was somewhat okay too but their latest full-length...just no. Maybe a very small handful of cool tracks and then lots of filler and uninspired feather-light alternative-metal-copying.

[2]

What release would you recommend most to newcomers (like myself for instance)?

Everyone loves Zion, but I do think their most recent release (Apocalyze) encompasses more of their new and older styles. You'll get a little taste of everything with that one. Their older music was more technical and ethereal, while Zion was the pinnacle of their straight-foward mosh-happy sound.

I really can't agree about the new album with the previous comments.... I think it's a great album. It did take me a few listens to fully accept it, I think because we all wanted Zion pt.2, but it definitely grew on me and I'd say it's a really strong release from them.

I really can't agree about the new album with the previous comments.... I think it's a great album. It did take me a few listens to fully accept it, I think because we all wanted Zion pt.2, but it definitely grew on me and I'd say it's a really strong release from them.

I'll probably appreciate it more once I experience the songs live. It's not that it's bad... but I couldn't have said it better... Zion was so good, the newest album was a step backwards for me. But just because i respect your opinion most of the time, I'm going to give it a relisten. Sometimes if I step back from something and come back later I can appreciate it on a different level.

@dorasuteika I appreciate that.  I definitely understand how someone could feel it was a step back, because it does sound like something that would come before Zion. But I think if you try to just look at the album as it's own thing and not where it came in their catalog... like if you had never heard them before, would you like this album?... it should show it's merits. I hope so, anyway. ^^

I'm also really excited to hear these songs live, because like you said, it can really make or break songs for me too. 

@dorasuteika I appreciate that.  I definitely understand how someone could feel it was a step back, because it does sound like something that would come before Zion. But I think if you try to just look at the album as it's own thing and not where it came in their catalog... like if you had never heard them before, would you like this album?... it should show it's merits. I hope so, anyway. ^^

I'm also really excited to hear these songs live, because like you said, it can really make or break songs for me too. 

Yeah I'll take a listen today once I get back home. That;s a good thought to keep in mind. I do still have to kinda laugh at the eclipse pv... just because there's so much going on it's a little cheesy.... but... the song was ok. I guess for me it as more of, I had just seen them at warped tour before that album came out, so that kind of feeling was fresh in my mind. Maybe now that it's been a while ...

I'm exited to see them live again at all. AND OF COURSE SEE YOU TOO 

LULZ Their videos. They just need to shoot live videos or party videos forever. hahahaha. There is always either horrible cheap cg or bad acting or both. I can't with them. Just listen to the cd. haha. 
I've been watching all their live footage and going crazy.  I can't wait to party with you and rock out to the new songs. 

We can expect this awesome-ness.

i'm kinda scared for wall of death. I did it last time and decked a guy in the face, but that was a small venue. >___> It was an accident honestly.

I generally try to be front row so we don't really participate. We move over as little as we have to, then just run back to our spots. >_>;;;  If I'm further back then I just get out of the way. I'm pretty sure it will depend on the size of the venue and how hype the crowd is for them, too. The first time I saw them Ken didn't do it.

I love ZION and Apocalyze. Always headbang hard to them. I think they are a powerful band with a strong sound, I hope to see them live someday. I wanna try the wall of death, it seems sick 8D

Crossfaith seem determined to keep traveling the world so I hope you get to see them, too! I know you'll have a great time. Their concerts are great! They have high energy and they play the songs perfectly. They just announced a second American tour to cover different cities and then they are going back to record a new album. So I think by early next year they'll be back over Europe and Asia (not counting Japan because they seem like they're still playing Japan every spare minute they have.)

Apocalyze is growing me but to me it feels like it lacks the heart and umph that the previous releases had. I feel that the hard work in their previous releases was pretty much done so they could break it in mainstream and catch that attention they seem to be getting now. With this heat, I fear that the bands future  releases will suffer the same thing I feel is plaguing this last album. Its so common now. And its a tad bit sad because they really are a great band.

I may be wrong and in the minority here but this is my musical side speaking/observing haha.

W-W-W-WAIT! You said America? Does this include South America? ;-;

Apocalyze is growing me but to me it feels like it lacks the heart and umph that the previous releases had. I feel that the hard work in their previous releases was pretty much done so they could break it in mainstream and catch that attention they seem to be getting now. With this heat, I fear that the bands future  releases will suffer the same thing I feel is plaguing this last album. Its so common now. And its a tad bit sad because they really are a great band.

I may be wrong and in the minority here but this is my musical side speaking/observing haha.

I do feel like they're rushing things since ZION, like they're trying to strike while the iron is hot and push as much material out as they can. And it's not as heartfelt as the old stuff. And while I agree with you on that, I don't think their original releases were done strictly to get the attention they got. It felt like they were writing for themselves, but once The Dream, The Space got label interest outside of Japan everything became more formulated and they started writing to appease a more global market. I do hope that once they feel like they have some solidarity in the international scene, they'll go back to writing based on their own interests... but who knows. I don't think they'll ever sound like TATFTDB or TD,TS again because I think they've matured past that but I do hope it sounds more heartfelt and a bit more creative again. 

We've all got our impressions and opinions. That's why I wanted to have this thread! Speak your mind! 

W-W-W-WAIT! You said America? Does this include South America? ;-;

Right now, I don't think so. But I do think they'll get there in the future. Every time they come over this way they spread out a little more. 

On 08.08 Crossfaith updated the Japanese side of their OHP with:

Crossfaith will be releasing their first major label single on 10.08.

"MADNESS" will come in 2 types; Regular and Limited edition.

Artwork and mored details to come.

This is exciting... so anyone who sees them this fall on tour might get to hear the new song(s) they recorded with David Bendeth. 

Update from their official fb:

**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT**

Hello fans in USA and Canada, 

We are very sad to announce that due to unforeseen circumstances, we have no option but to regrettably cancel our Canadian and USA dates in September and October. This will include Monster Energy Aftershock Festival, our dates with We Came As Romans and the dates with The Amity Affliction. Unfortunately Kazuki has suffered from Repetitive Strain Injury, and on doctor's orders has been advised to not play guitar for long periods. No other dates have been affected, and Kazuki will still power on through our confirmed UK dates at Kingston Fighting Cocks and Reading & Leeds Festival next week, however the length of the tours we had booked in the USA would mean adding to Kazuki's injury over a long period of time, and we cant't risk making it worse. He must rest for this period to avoid further complications.

We hope you guys all understand and send Kazuki his best wishes, we promise we'll be back soon better and stronger than ever!

Ken, Kazuki, Hiro, Tatsuya and Teru - Crossfaith

I'm gutted for a multitude of reasons. But I hope Kazuki recovers alright. They've been touring non-stop for a few years now. it's not a total surprise injuries are showing up.

Sign in to follow this