Sign in to follow this  
DogManX

Nightmare - Taboo

Oh boy. To say it in the words of the infamous LA Beast: "I don't feel well.. I think I might throw up."

This single is as half-assed as it could possibly be. The title track is weak as usual. A generous rock song without any risks taken.. and I mean really none. 3/10

The B- Side is a bit stronger, again as usual Nightmare strike with a well worked out ballad.. just failing to be interesting enough or having any kind of climax. 5/10

And what the hell is that last song? Were they trying to recreate Gianism San for 2-year-olds, while being on every possible drug there is? If you think only that title is stupid as fuck, you're fatally wrong! 0/10 and I don't want to listen to that EVER AGAIN!!!

Any other opinions?

lbr if they were actually taking drugs it would've only helped their music at this point

this is like the most uninspired spineless single they've released in a really long time (and they haven't put a really good one for years as well to balance this crap out), so I kind of pretend it didn't happen at all tbh

I love Nightmare but I absolutely dislike this release. Would not recommend.

So... I'll try to keep this as painless as possible.

Title track was lazy. Not good, but listenable. Like what others have said it's basically a "safe" track where nothing can possibly go wrong and nothing interesting can possibly go on.

The 2nd track was intriguing until halfway through the song where Yomi starts singing in his constipated voice. I don't know where he picked up this vocal technique from but whenever he does (which is half the time in their recent releases) I just skip to the next track.

The 3rd track was supposed to be a counterpoint to the title track, judging by how heavy it is (or tries to be). Unfortunately it's a big mess that feels like a patchwork of fragments from various discarded samples.

More than being put-off by this single, it's safe to say I'm sorely disappointed. I'm disappointed because I was a huge fan of Nightmare and I still hold dear all my memories of their amazing lives I went to. But honestly it's difficult to believe that this is the same band that wrote songs like Hate, 東京傷年, DIRTY, Nothing you lose, etc.

This single is shocking. At this juncture they are probably better off going on a hiatus before they lose more fans.

Yes, that's a thing I forgot (as well as logging out :D).. Yomi is officially not listenable anymore. Even for me, and I used to be and the forefront of defending him. Someone should just give him back his balls.

@DogManX

I agree completely with everything here, It's so sad to think Yomi also used to be one of my favorite vocalists in VK.

Nowadays it is downright hard to believe I liked him so much, their old songs are still dear to me. I guess in the end

this band has just gone longer than it should have, They still produce some really good riffs and I do my best to give

each of their releases a fair chance (Even the opening riff of GALLOWS I must admit was one of my favorites of the

year.) but as soon as Yomi begins singing, I am reminded that I am listening to Nightmare, and I'm forced to consider

all of the bands I would rather be listening to. Nightmare was one of my favorites easily, and now I cannot even make

it through their songs...

I still like Yomi's voice, but I just tend to like a lot of things a vast majority of people do not. 8'D I just think TABOO was a bomb. I'm not writing the band off completely, I think they just need a break since they've been having musical diarrhea and pooping out releases like their musical creativity was poisoned. That is all.

Horrible song. Did you guys see the PV aswell? One of the worst PVs in a long time lol

[2]

Was poop. I liked Aizou Rondo though, that's it. Almost.

I believe that Nightmare did this single as a "fun" event and not seriously. Most of their singles and their alums past majestical parade I didn't like. Any of their singles past Lost in Blue didn't catch my attention, besides "mimic". 
Their demo-tape "Vice" was better than this in my opinon, and that's mostly screaming. 

Sign in to follow this