1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• ã?´ã?£ã??ã?¼ã?«
    • Phantasmagoria

ヴィドール

2lk44si.jpg

VS.

Phantasmagoria

35nbh8z.jpg

Which one of these two UNDER CODE bands is your favorite?

I'll just have to chooce vidoll because they used to be my favorite band haha. Their indie stuff is still amazing.

Guest Magatsu

Difficult!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going for Vidoll. 

I loved phantasmagoria much more. So I choosed them.

But both are great bands (^o^)/

I have many fond memories of both bands, but both disappointed me a lot, too.

Phantasmagoria, before their original disbandment, when they released proper songs, not just leftovers, rererererecordings and ballads intended to make nostalgic fans cry and throw money at them, were great. And there are many songs I still love listening to.

They were very vk, didn't leave out any fun cliché to make lives more enjoyable, copying from pretty much everywhere but kinda turning it into their own thing. Juns songwriting was still great. They could play all their songs in one show but each song was memorable. Not really original, but memorable and fun. Their lyrics were cheesy romantic messes, but it didn't matter because they didn't take themselves too serious either.

As for ヴィドール...well they sold themselves, too. Most songs on their major releases, actually even the later UCP stuff were a waste of talent, but I still think everything they did for the first few years is flawless.

There wasn't (and isn't) a band that could compare to them either, they really had their own sound that captured me from the very first time I listened to them and still captures me today.

In comparison to Magomago they released a TON but since each release had it's own theme and they didn't focus on only live tracks but also experimented a lot that didn't matter at all. I loved listening to their CDs as I loved seeing them live and there propably won't be an active band I love as much again.

As opposed to Phantasmagoria I have to be in the right mood to listen to their songs because they aren't something I could just play in the background, so maybe I actually listen to them less often.

Still. I think that they are (or were, as I'm only referring to their UCP years) simply the better band. More versatile, much, much more original, more 'serious' and less of a fun easy-listening kind of band, better lyrics, a band with an actual concept and themed releases. On top of that my favorite band for many years. So. My vote goes to ヴィドール~

I vote Vidoll, all of their stuff up to 2007/2008 are epic, and because I prefer Jui more and more than Riku and because, instead of Phantasmagoria, they don't recycling all of their old song on their new release...

This is a hard one since both bands were excellent in their own style, especially at the beginning. I will have to choose Phantasmagoria tho, because they sucked for a shorter period of time than Vidoll, lol (who basically began their downward spiral while they were still at UC).

There were very few Mago songs that I actually liked(only ones that comes to mind were Pixy False and KamiUta, though there might have been others), while Vidoll was one of the first VK bands that I really got into and loved most of their pre-major discography. I think that makes it pretty clear for me that my vote should go to Vidoll~

lol Vidoll's early stuff has more quality than anything Phantasmagoria ever thought of making. Vidoll gets my vote.

Phantasmagoria was my jam from 11th~12th grade, and I still appreciate them from time to time now. Because of that, I'm going with them.

I even liked some of their revival stuff that everyone hated  :V

Vidoll has a lot of cool songs though from throughout their discography, not just their first few releases (Loved Ikaros and Gothikroid-kai), but weren't as monumental for me. I still follow Kisaki, but don't follow any of the ex-vidoll guys, so there's that as well.

voting for phantasmagoria because they were one of the first vk bands i really got into and even now i still find their music quite enjoyable. and also riku is one of my favorite vocalists so yeah :v

I love Vidoll!!  I use to listen to them all the time.  I love Rame and his new band, but I also like Kisaki but for nostalgia I'm going with Vidoll :D

Shamefully I've never listened to Vidoll. Can anyone point me towards what I should listen to release-wise? :)

Didn't Phantasmagoria only have around 20ish songs which they rereleased and reordered in various albums before disbanding?! XD

Kind of a hard choice. While early-Vidoll was beyond great, I wasn't a fan of the latest releases they had put out before splitting. Phantasmagoria were good at what they did, but I never thoroughly enjoyed their stuff. 

Despite that, I'm gonna choose Vidoll just because the early releases make up for anything I didn't quite enjoy in later years. 

Shamefully I've never listened to Vidoll. Can anyone point me towards what I should listen to release-wise? :)

Didn't Phantasmagoria only have around 20ish songs which they rereleased and reordered in various albums before disbanding?! XD

Some of my favorites and is a good mix of their different eras--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yute4EC-djQ

Sorry most of them are fan vids. It was either that or people attempting to sing covers...

Please do yourself a favor and watch one of VK's finest videos:

(But seriously, if you don't like this song, chances are you won't like most of Vidoll stuff. Their earlier music, at least).

Vidoll. They were good for many years before they went just decent. Phantasmagoria never made a single listenable song. Pathetic band.

Vidoll. Catchy songs and Jui's voice is one of the top singers in VK. I have so many fond memories of Vidoll. IMO the "V.I.D." album destroys all or at least most Phantasmagoria's music.

i didn't vote yet.
i do not know they  both seemed great at their time. great vkei band memories xD.also i was oblivious about kisaki bad rumors back then.
to be honest i am kind of sad of what happened to them compared past with nowdays.
but i like  that jui and jun end up together xD

Gonna have to say Vidoll. Long, prolific career, varied sound, great song-writing, decent lyrics. Unlike many people here, I really enjoyed their major-era. 

I wasn't into Mago much, even when they were big. Never liked how they constantly rehashed their old stuff instead of making new material.

Phantasmagoria because this is one of the best Visual band of all the time. That's all.

Vidoll was good too but after their graduation they became really really disappointing.

Vidoll is love, comparing early Vidoll to Phantasmagoria is the best way to go about it style-wise.

Phantasmagoria is a band that had me always scratching my head as to why I wasn't really into them... They would impress me in certain ways but I guess they never agreed with me. As for Vidoll's later years, I still loved them enough to follow Jui through his solo releases and really get into Gotcharocka

There is no real way of comparing those two bands. However, in the end, I'll choose Phantasmagoria over anything. No other band has touched me this deep, this hard, and this genuinely. A lot of their tracks are full-blown emotional rollercoasters (Kisaki's trademark), and somehow they always just manage to hit the right spot. Regardless of likely being Kisaki-biased, I still consider them in my VK's top 3 consisting of Lareine, D, and Phantasmagoria.

My heart still aches for them. I suppose it ever will.

Sign in to follow this