sai

[Band battle] Lycaon vs. Calmando Qual

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

Calmando Qual was pretty much flawless . . . from 2003 to 2006. In contrast, Lycaon managed to deliver some decent tunes sprinkled throughout their entire career so far (yes, I do have a soft spot for the erotic kei era :P ), so gonna have to go with them.

usually i think i prefer the more old-school VK band like calmando qual here,

but in this case with lycaon in the race i must admit, that with their pv for eros, with them actually swallowing cum, they've shown a dedication to the whole VK-genre that other bands still struggle to achieve.

my vote goes for modern VK here :)

^ 8)

where did this come from(the bands are nothing alike)? a lil shocked at the current results.

anyway Lycaon of course because they are endless, and you cant beat that.

I have tried Lycaon before and wasn't impressed enough to follow them. Tried them again today due to the thread, still not impressed. The singer seems to be the typical singer I come to expect in VK. The band itself is good but not special imo.

I favor Calmando Qual. I only started listening to Calmando Qual since last year. After collecting pretty much all of their releases, I kept on being left impressed with each CD I got to listen to. There was a freshness listening from their oldest release to the newest one but it is also evident going from the newest to the oldest release. The songs, album structure, tone, everything about each release had a certain depth of thought put into them. Something you typically get from a really good indie band.

The singer seems to be the typical singer I come to expect in VK.

what do you mean by that?

why those 2 bands why? i don't get it seems a little irrelevant or unfair

i love vs threads. i want more.

ok since i am not listening to any of them . this is how i choose:

first aboout music. i never liked cq in music. i have listened old lycaon in the past and liked them. i hate the nasally voice but i know yuki can do lower if he wants.

about looks. i do not like cq visuals and i do not like them as guys. only one of them is cute (if you do not care about looks or visuals  go away from vkei,you shouldn't be here)

i think lycaon majority of members are more good looking with better visuals. (even if you do not like yuki ,they have fricking hiyuu)

so generally lycaon is more entertaining to me.

he is a typical sounding VK vocalist

Really who sounds like him? while cq vocalist sounds like  mucc gara vocalist. lol

I don't listen to MUCC, I tried and wasn't interested.

I can't name bands on the top of my head with a typical VK sounding vocalist as I obviously don't listen to them. 

I thought CQ wasn't VK until recently. Anyway I don't consider looks for attractiveness more than I care for how it relates to their music.

I obviously don't listen to them. 

sure you dont

i know i shouldn't get involved in this stupid conversation but

you said that like you actually think your music taste is better than others,while one minute ago you said you think cq are more interesting than mucc.
this sentence alone proves you listen more generic.

quess who is more unique from those 2 and who is generic . i hope you realize generic doesn't mean popular

even if you do not like yuki ,they have fricking hiyuu

ichiro

prove that I do

Calmando Qual(as i said before), sel'm, juka, kamijo  jupiter . Gacharic Spin too but i guess they don't count since they are in "general".

I hope at the end of the day we can all accept that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we don`t have to agree on which is better, we will all have our different opinions and music is better for that, as we can choose what we listen to, and share what we like in hopes that others also enjoy. If they don`t, then we should be able to accept that they like something different and it brings joy to their life, so we shouldn`t try to take that away.

As far as generic, or whatever, we will all have different perceptions of that, and can`t enforce them on others. In the end I don`t even believe being generic is a bad thing, as in music certain people aim to have a certain known feel, and many people search that feeling out.

Bands that change their style often see a lot of heat from modern fans, one example being MuCC. In that case it seems many would prefer if they stuck to the sound they were known for.

I think their being many different kinds of bands is a good thing, even if I don`t listen to them all, and I don`t compare them, as they can all coexist, it`s not American Idol where there will only be one winner, and the rest are stuck in a Karaoke Bar singing Don`t Stop Believing by Journey.

Btw voted Calmando as I know Lycaon has more fans here and will win by a long shot anyway.

ichiro

Calmando Qual(as i said before), sel'm, juka, kamijo  jupiter . Gacharic Spin too but i guess they don't count since they are in "general".

I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical. Similar (Kamijo and Juka) sure but not typical. I don't even listen to Jupiter anymore, I can't stand ZIN no matter how hard I try to focus on the instrumentals instead. 

you said that like you actually think your music taste is better than others

when and where did I say that?

while one minute ago you said you think cq are more interesting than mucc.

No, I said I tried MUCC and I didn't find them interesting enough to follow:

I don't listen to MUCC, I tried and wasn't interested.

you said that like you actually think your music taste is better than others,while one minute ago you said you think cq are more interesting than mucc.

this sentence alone proves you listen more generic.

That is a sentence you made up unless you can actually find a quote from me that pretentious. For the records, I listen to what I like to listen to. I don't listen to bands for the sake of trying to prove to somebody that my taste is music is better than theirs.

quess who is more unique from those 2 and who is generic .

I don't know, you tell me. It is quite subjective to answer IMO.

i hope you realize generic doesn't mean popular

I agree

Sorry have to go with Lycaon.  Love their sound, may be generic to others but to me it's different and refreshing plus I pretty much know all their songs and I'm in love with them.  <3

I'm pretty sure I haven't heard even one song by CQ but of course I'm going with Lycaon. Because they're awshum and CQ never had a chance to win this poll because of our army of Lycaon fangurls.

I don't see how any of the vocalists in those bands sound typical. Similar (Kamijo and Juka) sure but not typical. I don't even listen to Jupiter anymore, I can't stand ZIN no matter how hard I try to focus on the instrumentals instead.

When you go into vk you can totally expect those vocals for power metal or whatever. and that girl's vocal you can find others like her.

Sorry have to go with Lycaon.  Love their sound, may be generic to others but to me it's different and refreshing plus I pretty much know all their songs and I'm in love with them.  <3

This!

im kind of obsess with them... ..its just..something about them makes me i dunno

This!

I'm pretty sure I haven't heard even one song by CQ but of course I'm going with Lycaon. Because they're awshum and CQ never had a chance to win this poll because of our army of Lycaon fangurls.

I wasn't aware of a Lycaon fangirl army on here. where they at? And its way to early to say Lycaon wins.

I wasn't aware of a Lycaon fangirl army on here. where they at? And its way to early to say Lycaon wins.

Off the top my of my head I can think of me, you, kyoselflove and Deadrose, and plenty of others who aren't that obvious with their fangurlism/-boyism. If there are 4 die-hard Lycaon fan gurls, there must be plenty of casual fans too :3

Off the top my of my head I can think of me, you, kyoselflove and Deadrose, and plenty of others who aren't that obvious with their fangurlism/-boyism. If there are 4 die-hard Lycaon fan gurls, there must be plenty of casual fans too :3

I'm aware of the casual ones who could go either way.

why is every thread blackdoll encounter turns out to some bullshit? 

OH WAIT.....COMMANDO SQUALL.....LICKAON.....

something funny comes to my mind! now i get how these bands are related! :o well done, sai, good job. :happy:  where's the rest of the party anyway? nvm, she has joined us already ;3

back to topic: voting for CQ because i'm sure i will still listen to them many times in the future, which i doubt about lycaon.