Trombe

Sadie new album "GANGSTA" release

You guys are getting too excited.

Don't you remember what a let down and totally ungangster SuG's track Pimp My Cars was? Not to mention SuG is just a Japanese way to say Thug. So, don't get your hopes up~. Expect visual Dir en Grey metal pop.

Then again. Sadie's track Black Stars was awesomely gangsta so maybe I'm wrong.

but mooom. it's so fun!

I was excited for them to do something, even if it was absolute shit, with the album title. Make it a rap-metal concept album about slinging rock dressed in VK on the tough streets of rural Japan. Instead they couldn't even use a shred of creativity to do something so stupid. They had to do this.

~facepalm

And I was expecting them to try at least some new things "-"

I think all the jokes on this thread made me have high expectations ._.

^ probably because it's a MASSIVE letdown (come to think of it, horrible YOOMAZAFAKADURRR-type of metal would have pleased us joke factor-wise)?

Also, what's with that odd take on Botticelli @album cover? The title is so out of place too...

eh...we'll see what happens with their album. The song was "eh" but it sounded like they were about to bust into a cool main riff before it cut off. That Mao look XD....those pants XD....everyone else looks cool though.

I don't usually bother to learn band member's names unless I really dig the band, but the cat with the shades looks hella fly.  I'll probably give this album a once over, I've noticed judging albums by their title track can go a few ways.  

Going to buy this album. I never listened to their last one that much but this one seems more uptempo and hopefully more push and play, as their last was more atmospheric and was more of a sit down and listen kind of experience to me.

Really like the album covers, and the juxtaposition with the title, band look, sound, and presentation.

The use of the word Gangsta as a marketing ploy obviously worked very well, as I see crowds gather to bump threads on different sites, and everyone just has to see the video and hear the song, even if just to criticize. As a VK band it is small-scale, but it develops a crowd of outsiders who love to hate them, and are exposed to their music, and gives fans a mentality that there are naysayers and the band is underrated, etc... Though obv. It only keeps the band on the mind of those already in the VK bubble, and wont translate to any visible increase in foreign sales, esp. when it is mostly serious fans and or collectors who buy much, and purchase of this album is being discouraged in its News thread.

Anyway, just rambling here, but I see Sadie is in the same boat as BORN, where it is cool to make fun of them, and that makes everyone follow them over other bands. I expect this to continue for a while, just like MuCC's following, where they changed their approach to.music years and years ago but people still post in every thread about how they used to be better, yet these people still follow every single release regardless.

(Dont take this post as a negative judgement, just a neutral observation).

Strange covers, the album title seems to be unfitting so far (I mean, aside from their look, maybe), and as for the 15 second preview, I know it's too short to make too much of it, but it was very... bleh. It wasn't terrible, it was just... well, bland.