Maiku

What are you reading?

I am currently reading a history of opera, because I feel I can get a better sense of music, if I read it.

Edited by Azaeroe

I am currently reading the bughouse, because I recently got in contact with a professor, who would like to teach me how to compose verse like pound.

finished The Dark Dark by Samantha Hunt today. it's a bunch of short stories. it was a pretty unique read i found. i really enjoyed it. the last story was very hard to put down. inspired by her writing actually and look forward to checking out some of her other works.

next up: Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger

Edited by Paraph

Been blazing through Good Omens by Gaiman/Pratchett. Loving it.

Otherwise, been trying to finish Deadhouse Gates (Malazan #2) by Erikson for awhile and bouncing around through other books bit-by-bit.

I am currently reading Stevens, because I recently got in contact with a professor, who recommended him.

Edited by Azaeroe

Changed my mind.

I am currently reading Williams' biography, because I recently got in contact with a professor, who recommended him.

I am currently reading Potocki, because my occult text mentioned him.

faerie queene - spenser

There is no particular reason for my reading of this poem.

Edited by Azaeroe

tarr - (wyndham) lewis

I want to read some secondary literature, pertaining to this gentleman, as well.

nadja - breton

i was reading miéville, who references him

Edited by Azaeroe

wieland und die deutsche nation

deutsche geschichte

das nibelungenlied

tarr

i am still learning about germany and would like to learn more about lewis

The Texas 7 by Gary C. King. Surprisingly went through half of it during work today, and I hope to finish it at least by tomorrow. It's the first book I've actually read in a long time since I finished all my classwork this semester, and I've really missed it. I believe this is also my first true crime book I've read ever (or at least in a while, who knows), which I really enjoy as well~

I've also yet to finish my Ren and Stimpy book, but I haven't read it in so long that I've forgotten mostly everything ;w; however, after watching some documentaries about the animation studio behind Looney Tunes, I have a better understanding of the cartoons and animators back then that influenced Ren and Stimpy, especially Bob Clampett. I was also happy to see Kricsfalusi talk about him in the Clampett doc, I'd figured he'd be there. xD