Maiku

What are you reading?

Been reading only Mangas lately,like berserk/Eden/MPD psycho and junji Ito and suehiro maruo scans. Btw the new junji Ito manga collection "Frankenstein" is already up on Amazon for pre order

I am reading Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka volume 6, The Vesuvius Club, Owari no Seraph volume 8, Sword Art Online volume 5 ( in French edition, you have two novels in one book) and Les Héritiers d'Enkidiev volumes 11 &12 ( maybe Les Chevaliers d'Antarès later  ).

i have like 4 books i've read halfway through and put down simply due to lazness or getting distracted by other hobbies but i am determined to finish them. currently working my way through american gods - i was reading a physical copy i borrowed from my sis but i switched to the 10th anniversary audiobook.  I always stayed away from audiobooks cuz I know how sometimes narrators can ruin the whole experience but I like this one so far.

Edited by Chi

I am currently reading the bourbon kings by J.R. Ward. All my customers in the library wanted to read the book. Now 1 year later I could finally lend it! I like the adult characters and the topic, because I've only been active in the fantasy area. It is quite refreshing to read.

Recently got Jordan Peterson's latest book, before that I was reading my favorite book of all time; The Catcher in the Rye and before that Daigo Umehara's autobiography. 

I read this recently : Magnus Chase  and The God of Asgard : Ship of the Dead( french version) by Rick Riordan , Tokyo Fiancée by Amélie Nothomb and Fear and Trembling by Amélie Nothomb.

- Gods of Ancient Egypt by Barbara Watterson: Pretty much what the title says, an interesting and informative read on some Ancient Egyptian mythology in a very concise and reader-friendly style. I've just finished another similar book (focusing more on history) by a Hungarian author that was just absolutely atrocious and full of weird pseudoscientific nonsense so this kind of came as a breath of fresh air after that.

- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill: My bookworm friend really recommended this book, a.k.a. the debut horror novel of Stephen King's son, as being genuinely creepy and masterfully atmospheric but so far I feel like his hype was too much, haha. I mean it's okay but nothing to shit my pants over while reading at night. I much more prefer his darkly humorous Horns (a totally different kind of mood tho). There's still a bit less than half of it to go so we'll see...

After devouring pretty much the entirety of Laird Barron's bibliography over the summer (and loving it, once again, HIGHLY recommended to anyone who likes weird fiction and cosmic horror stuff) I've now moved on to reading Ryu Murakami's From The Fatherland With Love.. So far all i can say about it is 'yep, feels like a Ryu Murakami novel alright,' but it's a good thing in my book 

Hmmm... I don't tend to read much (headaches if the text is too small or if the book is very text-heavy, and I space out a lot for various reasons so I have to reread pages a lot, which gets annoying after a while), but the latest book I read (and finished) was Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. Very weird choice, I know, but it was for a school assignment. I ended up really enjoying it for some reason, though.

Working through several titles atm:

From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of the Ancient Black Races Including the Black Hebrews

by Rudolph R. Windsor

Hebrewisms of West Africa

by Joseph J. Williams

HEBREWS TO NEGROES: WAKE UP BLACK AMERICA!

by Ronald Dalton Jr.

The DNA of Sound: Exploring the Esoteric character of the Hebrew Language

by Avdiel Ben Levi

God, the Black Man and Truth

by Ben Ammi

By the end of the semester I would like to have read historic texts pertaining to the Nineteenth Century US as well as the essays of Emerson, Leaves of Grass, a biography of Whitman, Dickinson and her biography as well.

Edited by Azaeroe

I am rereading the Darker Shade of Magic series by V.E. Schwab

I just finished reading her other two books, Vicious and Vengeful as well.

Words by Jean-Paul Sartre.

After this, I would like to concern myself with a biography of Muhammad, secondary literature and the Quran. After that, Alice, Journey, Eliade's diary and Parzival.

Edited by Azaeroe

13 hours ago, Azaeroe said:

After this, I would like to concern myself with a biography of Muhammad, secondary literature and the Quran. 

Are going to read the Sahih Bukhari of the Hadith collection or something outside the Islamic sources for the bio of Muhammad?

20 minutes ago, Flame-X said:

Are going to read the Sahih Bukhari of the Hadith collection or something outside the Islamic sources for the bio of Muhammad?

If it is in the bookstore. I read a pretty bad one by some SJW type who did not really know what she was writing about, so I hope to buy a new text.

59 minutes ago, Azaeroe said:

If it is in the bookstore. I read a pretty bad one by some SJW type who did not really know what she was writing about, so I hope to buy a new text.

Okay, I'll recommend one for you.

https://www.amazon.com/History-Jihad-Muhammad-ISIS/dp/1682616592

This one as well if you're further interested.

https://www.amazon.com/God-but-One-Investigates-Christianity/dp/0310522552

21 minutes ago, Azaeroe said:

Neither are comprehensive biographies of the prophet, unfortunately.

In that case, this is the only other option I can suggest. Otherwise, you're stuck with the massive Hadith collection which is over 20 books. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Three-Years-Prophetic-Mohammad/dp/1568590296