Maiku

What are you reading?

The Count of Monte Cristo

Started the book back in highschool but never finished it so I'm reading it again from the beginning.

I read that book in early high school, and while I found it a difficult read at the time, I still enjoyed it. I would like to go back and reread it eventually.

I just noticed I'm reading the abridged version. Went to the bookstore and bought the actual one which was over 1400 pages. That's more pages than the bible. :o

osamu dazai's "no longer human" but i keep getting distracted by this lawrence of arabia biography my mom brought home dang it

I decided to read World War Z before the movie came out. So vastly different from what they are about to make this movie into.

Started reading The Lords of Salem by Rob Zombie & B.K. Evenson (well, more like a novel by Evenson fleshed out from Zombie's original movie script I guess). It's pretty cool so far, it has a nice subtly creepy mood. Also, it's interesting to see the differences between the movie and the novel.

Gonna read Chuck Palahniuk's Damned afterwards, this time in English!

Philip K. Dick - The Man In The High Castle

Terry Pratchett - Going Postal

Adam Roberts - Yellow Blue Tibia

finished recently

^ How did you like Philip K. Dick's book? I read it a long time ago, but remember it was pretty nice. I think it might have been the first thing I've ever read by him, too.

^ How did you like Philip K. Dick's book? I read it a long time ago, but remember it was pretty nice. I think it might have been the first thing I've ever read by him, too.

It was pretty nice, not my favorite by him though. Some of the concepts were pretty damn neat but then the actual execution made me go 'damn, i wish he did more with that'.  I still like A Scanner Darkly and Do Androids Dream... the most out of everything I've read so far

8685612.jpg

Julie Kagawa's the Iron Queen, part 3 in the Iron Fey series. Book 1 was Book of the Month in a goodreads group I'm part of, and I have this habit that whenever I start a series I will keep reading it until I've read the last book.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan,

Something Like Winter by Jay Bell, and

Bossypants by Tina Fey

picked Mona Lisa Overdrive back up again after I spent the last month reading several Philip K. Dick and Discworld novels