Miasma

BORN

BORN is a rock band (Formerly known as RENNY AMY, then D&L) from Japan.

Members:

猟牙 (Ryoga) - Vocalist

K - Guitarist, main composer

Ray - Guitarist

KIFUMI - Bassist

TOMO - Drummer

They started their activities as born in April, 2008. After releasing 3 demo-singles, they released their first full album "-Abnormal Head Machine-" on February 25th, 2009 in a limited amount of 1000 copies.

The band performed their first show outside of Japan at the Oni-con anime convention in Houston, Texas, USA on October 31st, 2009.

On June 1, 2010 BORN was signed to Indies-PSC. (PS COMPANY Co.,Ltd) and announced the release of three new mini-albums during the summer of 2010. “BLACK BORN MARKET?? on August 18th, “BLACK THEORY MANIA?? on September 15th and “BLACK DEAD MUZIC?? on October 13th. They also changed their name from “born?? to “BORN??.

I can't believe there hasn't been a topic for these guys before this one? Definitely my favorite indies band of the moment.

Anyways, discuss.

How did you discover BORN? What song of theirs is your favorite? Which release of theirs do you like most?

LOL, yeah i know. I kinda hated them when i first listened to D&L and early born. But i really did love RENNY AMY. D=. The new born is not bad, im enjoying them with their new mini-albums. I listen to them now.

Came across them when someone uploaded Abnormal Head Machine over on old new TW. Said it was an awesome release, downloaded it and...loathed every minute of it. Regardless of that, gave them another chance and they eventually won me over with felony and RED HOT COBRA.

I've hardly ever listened to Born aside from one of their first singles (the name escapes my brain right now, though)

Anyway, have you guys heard this canzel track?

Ryoga (circa 2008) is featured in a few parts, for harsh vocals.

LOL, yeah i know. I kinda hated them when i first listened to D&L and early born. But i really did love RENNY AMY. D=. The new born is not bad, im enjoying them with their new mini-albums. I listen to them now.

How funny, I actually hated BORN when they first started off, because I though they had lost all of the creativity they showed through D&L. They've gotten a lot better now though, the felony and COBRA singles really show that they still got it. And the BLACK mini-albums were also really good.

I've never really given RENNY AMY a try though (apart from the "COURTSHIP" song that BORN remastered, and I didn't like it very much.)

Came across them when someone uploaded Abnormal Head Machine over on old new TW. Said it was an awesome release, downloaded it and...loathed every minute of it. Regardless of that, gave them another chance and they eventually won me over with felony and RED HOT COBRA.

I felt the exact same way when I first head the -A.H.M.- album, it's grown on me though. I don't know why I decided to download the felony single over at the old TW, but I'm really glad I did.

I've hardly ever listened to Born aside from one of their first singles (the name escapes my brain right now, though)

Anyway, have you guys heard this canzel track?

[VIDEO]

Ryoga (circa 2008) is featured in a few parts, for harsh vocals.

Oh wow, I never knew about that! That's really cool though, were the two bands on the same label?

This actually makes me interested in listening to Canzel now!

Oh wow, I never knew about that! That's really cool though, were the two bands on the same label?

This actually makes me interested in listening to Canzel now!

I don't know actually. I don't think Canzel was ever really on a label, though.

Maybe they guys are just friends or something?

Btw, I watched the felony PV, since you guys had mentioned it. Thought it was pretty good. Have any recommendations on what release would be good to start with?

@sora: yeah its, true, RENNY AMY was the best, like the type of music i would listen to in vk. the older music is good.

Canzel pwns every other oshare kei band that does oshare. They are really good, not as oshare as you think the might sound or look. Give them a try. They really are worth listening to.

I don't know actually. I don't think Canzel was ever really on a label, though.

Maybe they guys are just friends or something?

Btw, I watched the felony PV, since you guys had mentioned it. Thought it was pretty good. Have any recommendations on what release would be good to start with?

Yeah I assume they are probably just friends.

Well as you mentioned, try the felony singles (altogether they're only three songs: felony* + MAD whistle +

*), then you could move to the RED HOT COBRA single (only two songs COBRA*** and RADICAL HYSTERIA). COBRA takes some time getting used to (or at least that's how it felt for me) but it is truly a great song. Then there's Sakura, a live-dist. single, it's a ballad (which isn't very BORN-ish) but it's beautiful nonetheless.

(*: recommended)

If you liked all of those trying moving onto their "BLACK" mini album series, which is their newest material, sounds much better than their older material due their newer better production value. I'd recommended a certain one but I don't really know what kind of music you're into?

BLACK BORN MARKET - a pretty crazy release, they pretty much incorporated all of their styles into this one.

BLACK THEORY MANIA - slightly heavier songs than BORN MARKET, give Kuroari, Innocent Bullet*, and NEO SCREAM* at try.

BLACK DEAD MUZIC - Their heaviest release out of the three, give

and [bDM]* a try.

And lastly, there's their "-AHM-" album. Not many people enjoyed this release, so I wouldn't recommend it to any BORN newbies. But there are some okay songs on it though.

You really should give BORN a try whenever you feel like it, they might come off as your average "neo-vk band", but they really aren't.

@sora: yeah its, true, RENNY AMY was the best, like the type of music i would listen to in vk. the older music is good.

Canzel pwns every other oshare kei band that does oshare. They are really good, not as oshare as you think the might sound or look. Give them a try. They really are worth listening to.

I listened to some RENNY AMY tracks on YouTube, but I'm still not liking it. Any specific songs you would recommend?

And yeah I'm liking Canzel, whichever member is the main composer should be congratulated. I like the way he has arranged their songs.

I listened to some RENNY AMY tracks on YouTube, but I'm still not liking it. Any specific songs you would recommend?

And yeah I'm liking Canzel, whichever member is the main composer should be congratulated. I like the way he has arranged their songs.

listen to their mini-album Monochrome to Shinju the whole mini is good.

recommended tracks : Hidamari no Shi (soft song but very well put together and he can seriously sing.)

they only have two songs on youtube anyways. lossberry is a good song too, a bit upbeat but good.

as well as butterfly 13 (much heavier)

I dont recommend their single and they also had a couple of live distributed singles which were better but hard to find. I had them before but i dont anymore. I'll try to find them again.

Have any recommendations on what release would be good to start with?

"the fragrance noise" , "white harmony", "with hate" , "sakura" , "ruisai no hana" and "vermin's cry".

I really like this band. The first song I listened to is "think" about 2 years ago. my interest for this band gradually increase when their release of "AHM" album.

I hope they will become major like ViViD.

I really like this band, I've only known them for a few months, but they're already one of my favorites.

Somehow I feel like this new mini is going to blow. They've been releasing things way too fast. I'll leave my mind open to it being a good mini but personally I think it's going to be two or three good tracks and a bunch of filler. That's just my hunch but I never play my hunches and they always end up being somewhat accurate.

Best PSC band around at the moment, so much better than than the current Gazette.

Just hope they don't start sucking when they go major like alot of bands.

Oh and i second kachida's post, all great songs.

I agree that they are one of the better ones of the moment. the GazettE doesn't sound like the GazettE anymore...

I'm very curious what would DOGMA sounds like. Their upcoming mini-album release. :DUUR:

So far,I really like their 3 consecutive releases before. Especially Neoscream,Ruisai no hana,my sweet black and Karasu the most.

i don't know if you have another one. but you made a post about born in edohsama blog. =)

it's a really cool blog<3

here the image

http://64.19.142.11/1.bp.blogspot.com/__dLQbabkweM/TQs96GQ8R9I/AAAAAAAADak/AUsWq9Pxqgw/s1600/bg_profile_ryoga.jpg

fuck it's a long time since Febuary i can't wait for the new mini album

(i think leopard it's new jrock trend. i saw it in sadie too)

Looks like they borrowed the GazettE's art director for the PV shoot. Anyway, the preview was mediocre at best, hope the full song/mini-album is much better.

Looks like they borrowed the GazettE's art director for the PV shoot.

psc has this problem indeed

boring preview as much as I hate to watch the pv.

I like the music a bit but the pv really does sucks ball. wtf! what's with ryouga's new look? argh. first it was shin trying to be like shou.now its ryouga trying to be like ruki? man.

im pretty excited for the dogma album

Born is by far one of my fave bands and im looking forward to the full pv

looks awesome