Sign in to follow this  
fitear1590

News subforums?

I'm nooby about what does/doesn't work on forums so forgive me if this doesn't seem like a good idea.

Would sub-forums in the "News" section be a good idea, just to get it organized a bit more?

Example sub-forums:

-"idk what the title of this section would be" (new bands, disbandments, hiatuses, members changing/leaving, etc)

-New release info

-Performances (session bands, revivals, etc)

I don't know if there's any other important potential sub-forums I missed, though.

And like I said, maybe it's a sucky idea and there's a reason something like this doesn't already exist.

But what do you guys think?

Well, I'm usually hesistant to add large amount of subforums... seems like unnecessary clicking around if you want to stay informed about all topics. (Unless you never visit subforums anyway and just use the "View new posts" button like I do, but I know many people don't.) Also, a lot of news may include more than on topic (like, disband & Best-of release, Perfromance + new single release etc.)

So... I dunno. It would really depend on what the majority prefers. Trombe might want to say a thing about this too since he posts most news.

I might also add that the way news are presented might change over the next... months... or so, once the site gets finally fully integrated with Deadeyes-star. We could probably integrate some sort of tagging system to make is easier to filter news.

Yeah, i was actually thinking about those multi-category type news situations after I posted this...

But yeah, just a thought.

(And haha, I was thinking of Trombe as well, since he is like the number 1 news poster. Maybe he has some input.)

I'm all for some form of this so long as there's a way to filter out all of those session band and performances nowhere near anyone threads. Would be lovely.

Well, I believe it was alway Jake's plan to integrate the news section into a main page, which is now going to be Deadeyes-star. I'm sure Kai and Manda can come up with some sort of filtering system, if the news are tagged according to certain categories... but things are are always slow on TW, lol, and at the moment they're working on the artist database.

Until then we can probably think about subforums, but I'll wait on more input by other users.

Well, I believe it was alway Jake's plan to integrate the news section into a main page, which is now going to be Deadeyes-star. I'm sure Kai and Manda can come up with some sort of filtering system, if the news are tagged according to certain categories... but things are are always slow on TW, lol, and at the moment they're working on the artist database.

Until then we can probably think about subforums, but I'll wait on more input by other users.

Yuh, there will be a news / upcoming releases/lives system on DS. Things will be split into different news categories and filterable by bands. But that feature is on the back-burner for now, at least until we get the band/artist database complete.

Sign in to follow this