Sign in to follow this  
togz

GALEYD

I searched and didn't see one about them.

Although they're on indefinite hiatus, they're still one of the bands I listen to the most. 

It seems a lot of people compared them to DELUHI. I can see a comparison in the TYPE of sound they had with some of their guitar work, but I feel like the bands sounded completely different when it came to their musical style and compositions. 

I also feel like Meku is in this little guitar virtuoso stage where he can't really commit to anything other than his own technical beliefs of what music he should be playing. I am disappointed that GALEYD resulted in this, but I am not surprised. 

As for the other members, I'm glad to see Nikky doing something with ALSDEAD. I believe Garo had done a session band, however I haven't heard much on Toki. 

What do you guys think, and how do you feel? What do you hope for?

Yeah I love these guys too. I see the similarities to DELUHI, but for me GALEYD are more melodic metal than core (and let's be honest, DELUHI took it much heavier). The vocal style is also completely different. In this case 'indefinite hiatus' is definitely the same as 'disbanded' though - their website is gone, they lost their composer and guitarist, and Nikky is now officially with ALSDEAD. It's a shame we'll probably never hear from them again, since the overall quality of their songs was great. It got a bit weak towards the end (as I guess Meku took less control over the composition) - they suffered a little from 'song title is chorus' syndrome. Still, really energetic and one of just a handful of bands I followed from the very start to the very end.

Yeah I love these guys too. I see the similarities to DELUHI, but for me GALEYD are more melodic metal than core (and let's be honest, DELUHI took it much heavier). The vocal style is also completely different. In this case 'indefinite hiatus' is definitely the same as 'disbanded' though - their website is gone, they lost their composer and guitarist, and Nikky is now officially with ALSDEAD. It's a shame we'll probably never hear from them again, since the overall quality of their songs was great. It got a bit weak towards the end (as I guess Meku took less control over the composition) - they suffered a little from 'song title is chorus' syndrome. Still, really energetic and one of just a handful of bands I followed from the very start to the very end.

Yes yes I agree!

I know Meku didn't compose the last two singles, I think Toki did most of the composing for the last two releases before the "hiatus"

Ah yes Indefinite hiatus is basically a disbandment, but I was aiming more of expectations as to where you think the members will wind up. I guess a better question would be, what are your hopes for the members future musical activities. (given that nikky is already officially involved with alsdead)

Well, I briefly talked to Garo a while back and he said he was thinking about doing another band, which is good. Toki's been doing a few projects lately (mostly sessions) so...

I imagine they'll all eventually move on. 

And Garo, Nikky, and Toki admitted on their twitters that even though it's called a hiatus, the band is finished.

I'd love to see a collaboration between Leda and Meku, though I don't know exactly what would happen when they argue over who gets to write the songs. xD

Well, I briefly talked to Garo a while back and he said he was thinking about doing another band, which is good. Toki's been doing a few projects lately (mostly sessions) so...

I imagine they'll all eventually move on. 

And Garo, Nikky, and Toki admitted on their twitters that even though it's called a hiatus, the band is finished.

I know they're finished. Galeyd is never coming back, I get that. But I was asking more of what is everyone anticipating for the members next move after the fact. 

But that's good. Garo's voice is amazing and I think it'd make his fans and most importantly himself happy to be in another music project. I didn't know about Toki's session work, thanks for that info, let's just hope he doesn't vanish again like he did after leaving SKULL xD

I'd love to see a collaboration between Leda and Meku, though I don't know exactly what would happen when they argue over who gets to write the songs. xD

omg. Sometimes it's dangerous to put two amazing things together. 

I also feel like Meku is in this little guitar virtuoso stage where he can't really commit to anything other than his own technical beliefs of what music he should be playing. I am disappointed that GALEYD resulted in this, but I am not surprised. 

^ This actually sounds a lot like Leda as well lol, which was precisely why he left Galneryus to form DELUHI.

I kinda feel that the comparison between DELUHI and GALEYD is often overstated, other than the fact that both bands effectively revolve around one uber-talented musician and his quality compositions that are a cut higher than the rest of the core-ish vk bands. Maybe factor in as well how the two bands were playing somewhat contemporaneously with each other (hence after DELUHI's disbandment a good proportion of their fans flocked to GALEYD, with the rest of them - as is often the case in such scenarios - quietly unimpressed). Yet in terms of the actual sound, I feel they aren't even that close? Even Lustknot. sounds closer to DELUHI than GALEYD does (especially if we take vocals into account).

Admittedly I'm more of a DELUHI fan than a GALEYD fan so I hope I haven't been too off-topic x.x I do wish that their members go on to achieve greater things (especially Meku); they definitely have the potential to.

^ This actually sounds a lot like Leda as well lol, which was precisely why he left Galneryus to form DELUHI.

I kinda feel that the comparison between DELUHI and GALEYD is often overstated, other than the fact that both bands effectively revolve around one uber-talented musician and his quality compositions that are a cut higher than the rest of the core-ish vk bands. Maybe factor in as well how the two bands were playing somewhat contemporaneously with each other (hence after DELUHI's disbandment a good proportion of their fans flocked to GALEYD, with the rest of them - as is often the case in such scenarios - quietly unimpressed). Yet in terms of the actual sound, I feel they aren't even that close? Even Lustknot. sounds closer to DELUHI than GALEYD does (especially if we take vocals into account).

Admittedly I'm more of a DELUHI fan than a GALEYD fan so I hope I haven't been too off-topic x.x I do wish that their members go on to achieve greater things (especially Meku); they definitely have the potential to.

I mean i can see the small comparison and why it's over stated... but I never really got in to DELUHI and i tried to. It's not that i thought they sucked or something, I just wanted to listen to different things, which is why I can understand and appreciate your bias towards DELUHI. I actually did enjoy DIVIDE and Sujk's solo thing, maybe I just wasn't in to Juri's voice so much? Either way both were skilled bands that did revolve around one main composer. It's amazing how I could sort of tell just by hearing the tracks that Meku had pulled from really composing as much. Especially in the last two releases before the hiatus/disbandment. They were doing good so I wonder what honestly changed Meku's mind to pursue other things.

I know Meku did the thing for Kamijo which was a little weird, not sure why. and as rsasai said, Toki has been in some session projects and what not. 

Now we play the waiting game. haha.

I hope they come back to do something whether they work together or not. Especially Garo because he has the voice of an angel ;___;

Meku's currently being tortured by Kamijo, and I'm happy to watch him stay there for a while. I loved Galeyd, and followed them religiously for the entire year I was living in Tokyo. So, I"m okay with him being forced into a corner with his back against the wall to whatever Kamijo wants... at least for a little while.

There's another reason the fans flocked to Galeyd after Deluhi. The company and management who worked with Deluhi went on to work with Galeyd. Their entire label was made up of ex-deluhi workers. In addition, for a while, Galeyd's OHP was actually deluhi.com

Meku's currently being tortured by Kamijo, and I'm happy to watch him stay there for a while. I loved Galeyd, and followed them religiously for the entire year I was living in Tokyo. So, I"m okay with him being forced into a corner with his back against the wall to whatever Kamijo wants... at least for a little while.

There's another reason the fans flocked to Galeyd after Deluhi. The company and management who worked with Deluhi went on to work with Galeyd. Their entire label was made up of ex-deluhi workers. In addition, for a while, Galeyd's OHP was actually deluhi.com

Ah yeah, i don't mean weird in a way that it's bad he's being active. i guess lack of a better word it was just unexpected. But all in all it is nice to see him active.

That is some information i didn't know. That's odd... How long before galeyd started did deluhi disband? I wonder if it was like a website hosting issue or something? Or maybe it was a trap. joking. 

Galeyd, their music is good, especially Flee from Reality and i am happy that although they disbanded Meku and Nikky are continuing their careers :)

I don't know if this can help, but MEKU post about his guitar demonstration a while ago

please if someone know the music lol it is very different from GALEYD

Edited by DeithX252

4 hours ago, DeithX252 said:

I don't know if this can help, but MEKU post about his guitar demonstration a while ago

please if someone know the music lol it is very different from GALEYD

I tried searching everywhere and can't find anything either. : | I wonder if it's simply an unreleased song??? 

1 hour ago, Wakarimashita said:

Sounds nothing like GALEYD indeed... Playing guitar for Kamijo killed him LOL :|| so much untapped talent...

I wouldn't say wasted talent because it definitely gave him more exposure to fans who weren't aware of him before and he was still active. They video is certainly different than galeyd but after meku left even his Twitter was comprised of things not even VK related. I know he went to a music institute. I can recall the source where I found that but I'm sure it's easily located if your willing to put the time to find it. So I doubt VK was really the full idea he had when studying but it was a route he decided to take at the time. 

Sign in to follow this