@Flash-Fab-Supernova Pennsylvania? That's where I'm from and we just got it legalized which is super cool.

For those of you on the forum who don't know me, I'm a gay dude so pretty much obviously I'm in love with this. I don't want to get married, personally, but want the option to be available to everyone and I think it's a horrible thing that people want to take this right and experience away from other people.

Let ppl marry. Who gives a shit.

Lmfao this. It's not like people get hurt when two gay people marry. "BUT HOW DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY CHILDREN", really simple, the way my mother did it: sometimes people don't like people from the other gender but from the same gender. That's it. THAT'S REALLY IT. People talk about it like it's some difficult math formula but it really isn't.

Also people who claim it ruins "the sanctity of marriage" bc marriage should be between a man and a woman is a load of shit because 1) Britney Spears got married once for 7 hours while drunk and that's not ruining the sanctity of marriage while a gay couple who has been together for 10 years that wants to get married does? 2) These people always yell that the bible forbids it but hey the bible also forbids you to do a lot of other things but they don't seem to care about those lol.

In short: being homophobic isn't freedom of speech, it's being a douche and highly illegal.

@ Shaneth: Yep! I live near Pittsburgh.

@Juka: Marriage is important if you live in the same house with someone. For tax reasons, medical benefits, etc. It's a pretty important aspect of living with someone you love for a long time. Also, if your partner goes to the hospital and undergoes surgery or was in an accident or is dying they can't go see that person since they aren't immediate family. So, marriage is important if you love someone and have been living with them for a while.

As kind of a tangent, other laws or contracts have to be worded to ensure benefits don't discretely discriminate against non-heterosexual relationships. For example, my company has in its contract that people get both paternity and maternity leave if they have a child. It even has a line after that says something like "Or in the case of a same-sex relationship that chooses to adopt, you get _x_ amount of time to bond with your child." Obviously it's worded much better, but I was happy to see that they specifically stated a same-sex option.

I'm for marriage equality, because I'm not straight and I also see no reason why it would affect anyone. I only hope I will never fall in love with a girl from a country where it isn't allowed and have an urge to marry her, because it isn't allowed in my country and it never will (people would never agree to it). In my case, it's better and safer to be interested in a man. If I was in love with a girl from a country where it isn't allowed, I would have a hard time getting a visa to that country to stay with her (I'm not attracted to people in my country, I have a thing for foreigners, so I'm sure it will never happen with a Polish person). There are many law things, that makes it easier for people who are married. Because of no marriage equality, I have to drop the idea of being interested in girls, because it has no future.

I live in the country where same sex marriage was allowed as the first country world wide (the netherlands). I am fully for same sex marriage as wel. I am not gay myself but if people want to get married to the one they love why can't they? Doesn't matter if its a male or a female. I think that most people on here are already open to same sex marriage anyway. I highly doubt you will find much homo haters within the jrock/vk fanbase.