Lestat

What did you dream about last night?

35 minutes ago, Zeus said:

They are absolutely horrifying and undescribable which is why I draw pictures. And I am no artist.

Now I'm even more curious. That's fair though. 

I hope someday dream reading machines become a reality. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing, but I'd be so curious to compare my recollection vs a (theoretically) more accurate capture.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

My therapist advised me to keep a dream journal and most of the time all I can draw are images because I can't describe what I see.

Back in the day mine also told me to go at it and when I found it years later, I burned that shit down good grief it was disturbing o-o 

Just woke up from a weirdly vivid one.

I went to a Dir En Grey gig with two friends. One of which was Kyo himself, who decided to get on the stage itself to take pictures/film the band to which we thought 'fair play, that's a great idea for close ups!'?!

I never once actually saw the band but that didn't seem to register? So for most of the dream I was just looking at Kyo's back from far away as he filmed...nothing I guess? I don't think there was a crowd either XD 

The floor seemed to be covered in graves, two of which had rings resting on top of them along with a diagram (as apparently Kyo wore them for his current get up?). Interesting way to present merch I guess...? Just to point out, I genuinely don't have an obsession with Kyo. He was just weirdly prominent in this dream?

The band then proceeded to play new stuff but I don't remember any of it. Probably because their last album was ass. 

They played the original version of Fukai though so I give the gig 11/10.

Anyone ever have those dreams where something horrific appears on your laptop or tv and, no matter what you do, you aren't able to turn it off? I had one of those last night. I'm putting this in a spoiler for people who can't do extreme gore and violence.

Spoiler

So, I had some friends over and we were all thinking of a movie to watch. I suggested a horror film and turned on something random. It started off normal enough until two women were having a conversation about mutilating each other for money. One woman held a clever and readied it on the other's hand. She lifted it up and chopped off her fingers. She then repeatedly took swings moving up a few centimeters each time. Eventually the woman being tortured gave in and told her to stop. But the other woman wouldn't stop. I was too scared to watch at this point and tried to pause, exit, turn off, anything I could do to escape the film. Nothing I did worked and we had to sit there listening to the events unfold.

Edited by ghost

17 minutes ago, ghost said:

Anyone ever have those dreams where something horrific appears on your laptop or tv and, no matter what you do, you aren't able to turn it off? I had one of those last night. I'm putting this in a spoiler for people who can't do extreme gore and violence.

Reveal hidden contents

So, I had some friends over and we were all thinking of a movie to watch. I suggested a horror film and turned on something random. It started off normal enough until two women were having a conversation about mutilating each other for money. One woman held a clever and readied it on the other's hand. She lifted it up and chopped off her fingers. She then repeatedly took swings moving up a few centimeters each time. Eventually the woman being tortured gave in and told her to stop. But the other woman wouldn't stop. I was too scared to watch at this point and tried to pause, exit, turn off, anything I could do to escape the film. Nothing I did worked and we had to sit there listening to the events unfold.

Holy cow. Can you think of anything in real life that triggers this sense of inability to escape? 😕

3 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Holy cow. Can you think of anything in real life that triggers this sense of inability to escape? 😕

Haha this might be getting too personal but I think responsibility. My sister and I live together right now and she's going through a career transition. She's been at home a lot while looking for work (understandably) and I've been supporting her financially for a lot of things. I love the girl and, honestly, couldn't ask for a better roommate, but I guess I've been kind of stressed about it since I don't really have any alone time (I'm a huge introvert). 

9 minutes ago, ghost said:

Haha this might be getting too personal but I think responsibility. My sister and I live together right now and she's going through a career transition. She's been at home a lot while looking for work (understandably) and I've been supporting her financially for a lot of things. I love the girl and, honestly, couldn't ask for a better roommate, but I guess I've been kind of stressed about it since I don't really have any alone time (I'm a huge introvert). 

You sound so much like me! I can understand how over time it can all get a bit overwhelming and yet you feel a duty to be a good bro. I guess that carries across into the dream where you don't want to watch and yet because everyone else is there you have to do your bit too?

11 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

You sound so much like me! I can understand how over time it can all get a bit overwhelming and yet you feel a duty to be a good bro. I guess that carries across into the dream where you don't want to watch and yet because everyone else is there you have to do your bit too?

I'd just like to chime in and say that is really interesting and actually makes a lot of sense. I say this because I've always been of the notion that dreams are just that and have little to no hidden meaning to them but you may be starting to convince me otherwise, in which case I'm buggered because my dreams are like Junji Ito and Noel Fielding co-wrote something together. I can't imagine what trouble that spells for me. 😕

Edited by Gesu

1 minute ago, nullmoon said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way : ) Haha, I guess so. I'd never compare my situation to getting cleaved to death (lol) but maybe on some level I feel like it is a huge drain on my life. I know I just need to give her time to get up on her feet though.

29 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I'd just like to chime in and say that is really interesting and actually makes a lot of sense. I say this because I've always been of the notion that dreams are just that and have little to no hidden meaning to them but you may be starting convince me otherwise, in which case I'm buggered because my dreams are like Junji Ito and Noel Fielding co-wrote something together. I can't imagine what trouble that spells for me. 😕

I would watch something like that on TV haha.

I think dreams can have meaning from time to time, but it can be something as trivial as "I had pasta today" and so I dream about going to an Italian restaurant, or something like the dream I just shared. But no joke, there were a few times where my dreams foreshadowed the kind of job I was about to get.

1. I interviewed with a cancer research company for an internship position which my dad found for me. Before getting and offer from them, I had a dream that I went to adopt a dog at a shelter. There were a ton of dogs and, out of all of them, I chose of large happy golden retriever. I just left with the dog having my parents pay for it. At the real job, it was a great experience. Everyone was nice, supportive, and the most caring group of people I had ever met.

2. This time I interviewed with a small company for a web development job. In my dream, I was taking care of this tiny chihuahua. It was covered in blood and I was trying to catch it so I could clean it up, but it just wouldn't come to me and was giving me a really hard time. In real life, this ended up being the worst job I'd ever worked. The company was very small, just 5 people including the boss. We had no microwave, you couldn't be in the bathroom for too long, you had to take your lunch break at a specified time and it was mandatory to take an hour break, and the boss was right next door and if you ended up having a conversation for more than like 5 minutes he would come over and tell us to get back to work. The worst part was I had no idea how much money I was making. He was very vague when he offered me the job and one time I asked him upfront and he gave me an unclear answer. I could go on, but it was terrible.

3. I had just moved cities and was looking for work. There were 2 places I had interviewed with that seemed promising. One was some kind of information tech company and the other was a biotech company. In my dream I drove up to a really nice mansion. I went to the backyard where there were 2 golden doodles. One of them just walked away but the other one came to me and I gave it some pets. The biotech company ended up hiring me and my time there was also very nice. I learned a ton, the people were great, and it was the best place I had worked at up until that time.

This has only happened to me 3 times with these specific dreams but it makes we wonder if we're actually able to get some insight into the future through dreams. I wanna say these dreams were more like impressions I got from the company during the interview that ended up being true. And, I don't know why they were all dogs. 

Edited by ghost

1 hour ago, ghost said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way : ) Haha, I guess so. I'd never compare my situation to getting cleaved to death (lol) but maybe on some level I feel like it is a huge drain on my life. I know I just need to give her time to get up on her feet though.

Just make sure you look after yourself too though! It's so easy to forget to do that, which can lead to depression, resentment, and other goodies! 

1 hour ago, ghost said:

And, I don't know why they were all dogs. 

Doggos are generally trustworthy and simplistic; what you see is what you get. Maybe due to this they're your guides in the dream world? Dunno, pop psychology XD 

Wow...you should really sell your services though, your dreams sounds amazing! 

6 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Doggos are generally trustworthy and simplistic; what you see is what you get. Maybe due to this they're your guides in the dream world? Dunno, pop psychology XD 

Wow...you should really sell your services though, your dreams sounds amazing! 

That certainly makes sense!

Haha can I really sell a service if it's only worked haphazardly just for me? lolol

3 hours ago, ghost said:

That certainly makes sense!

Haha can I really sell a service if it's only worked haphazardly just for me? lolol

Well it certainly works for most of the stuff in retail! 

Vivid but not exactly cohesive.... 

-Driving around the West Midlands (the county where I live in the UK), complete with potholes, grey weather, and bad drivers. 

-Walking around and coming across some random field with a play area in the middle. Pretty sure this was from another dream. 

-Walking around a bustling town centre. There was a middle Eastern dude busking. He was playing deathcore shit on drums, it was great. 

-Speaking to one of my friends (an ex girlfriend) about relationships while we're in an arcade. 

-My brother owns a horse in this dream. I plan to give it a three course meal (an apple for each course) for its birthday. Of course apples come in all sorts of flavours in my dream. I decide on apple pie flavour for dessert. Cut to me in the back seat of a car, feeding a horse an apple in the passenger seat of the car. 

-I wake up. 

What? XD 

oh just found this thread!

My last dream (a few days ago) was me meeting kizu in person backstage lmao

Also doing headbanging which I would never do IRL because I'm weak

3 hours ago, nullmoon said:

-Walking around a bustling town centre. There was a middle Eastern dude busking. He was playing deathcore shit on drums, it was great.

Reminds me of when I was out for a walk and saw a guy shredding on a sitar. He was great, I sat and watched him for a full hour and a guy sat next to me tried to get me to go on a date with him right after telling me I had tiny feet. And that wasn't even a dream!

I did, however, have a weird (yet relatively mundane) dream last night. I'm going to a convention today and I dreamt that I was living with my grandma and she kept giving me weird useless things to pack that were mostly food. I remember her giving me a lunchbox full of milk chocolate and white chocolate buttons and a bag of kale. Y'know, in case I started craving kale. This is the best way I could sum it all up:

Here's hoping I won't need my angry eyes.

Edited by Gesu

I had watched the episode of the Twilight Zone called "Living Doll" last night and subsequently dreamed about a doll akin to Annabelle with the murderous intent and powers of Chucky. That fucking sucked and I just remember ripping out her heart after crushing her head and burning it on the stove top while there was evil little girl laughter and I woke up.

WooOOooOOoo boy. It's going to be a long one. 

So the dream started with me my fellow operatives making final checkups on our new, underwater lifts (leading to the top-secret underwater facility duh) before the higher ups came for official presentation. Of course those appeared before we were done and were not impressed, until we told them that these lifts can also serve as air-tight escape pods, at which point they just nodded their heads and left. 

Fast forward to us leaving the facility whose exit lead, for some bizarre reason, into a huge mall. The mall that just happened to be extremely packed with people. We decided to disperse and just try to get through the crowd. I got stuck in line going up multiple flights of stairs. At one point I realised that every single person in that line was dressed in different shades of green and they were all obviously waiting to enter some kind of venue.

The line was moving at a snail pace until some commotion started half a flight up, which as a Trained Professional™ I decided to check up on. I elbow my way through the agitated crowd, look down the railing and there a few stories down, in kind of a narrow street alley, walks an African American singer , dressed in green, and you know, singing, and a bunch of people around her are dancing. I figure that's the person all of these people are here to see, and she decided to come down to the masses instead of making them all wait.

I decide to jump through the railing, like, multiple floors down, and land suavely in a crouch between the dancing people. Hell yeah XD I notice they're not all dressed green so I flick some magic at them and they're all in green now. The entire alley looks like a Disney movie set with the singer singing, the crowd dancing some choreographed moves and everyone's obnoxiously happy. 

BUT THEN the song comes to an end and the singer runs away like a fucking Cindarella at midnight. I run after her, up some cobblestone stairs leading to a dilapidated castle. When I catch up to her, she's in fact wearing the Cindarella dress and mournfully singing some Disney tune. But since the dress is obviously blue, I once again use my magic to turn it green and I stand there with tears in my eyes because the whole scene is so beautiful and heartbreaking. 

BUT THEN SHE RUNS AGAIN, through some old, mossy bridge leading to a huge meadow with a lake in the middle and some more castle ruins. I go to follow her, but I notice a guy holding a huge hammer, trying to follow her also. So I knock out the guy, take the hammer, and catch up to her. She's kneeling near the lake, tears streaming down her face, and trying to destroy a hammer just like the one I'm holding. She notices me and startles. I tell her that I'm not here to hurt her, but the hammer she's trying to destroy is a fake and destroying it is not going to free her. I point to the one I'm holding and tell her it's the real deal and I'll help her destroy it. I also call her Aurora, which is obviously the wrong Disney princess but whatever. 

BuUuUuT then, some creepy old man walks up to us, with a THIRD hammer in hand, and tells us that this one is the real one, and tries to take the one I'm holding from me. I call bullshit because I can feel  the magic in the one in my hand and he gets pissed. He throws away the hammer and starts weaving some dark magic. The whole meadow is getting covered with black smoke, at which point Aurora goes to hide somewhere in the bushes, and I try to counter the smoke with my own magic. Soon the entire place is full with black and white smoke as I attempt to suppress the spread of the dark magic. After a drawn out battle, I manage to lock all the black smoke into a ball hanging in the air over the lake, but the combined energies are so intense the thing explodes and knocks us all back. 

I lay in the grass, the evil sorcerer defeated. The magic explosion turned the whole sky gorgeous sunset orange and everything sparkles for some reason. Aurora gets out of the bushes, looks down at me with a smile, with that fucking sparkling, sunset-y backdrop and I'm like "god you're cute" and I pass out. 

THE END

phew, congrats if you've gone through the whole thing, it's a monster ^^;;; 

@spockitty You could write a book out of that! Amazing! :D

I had two dreams last night. In the first one, I saw what I'd look like with a stronger jaw and it made me want to get plastic surgery. 😕

In the second one, I found my brother on a dating site and it said he was only looking for hook-ups @_@

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

@spockitty You could write a book out of that! Amazing! :D

I had two dreams last night. In the first one, I saw what I'd look like with a stronger jaw and it made me want to get plastic surgery. 😕

In the second one, I found my brother on a dating site and it said he was only looking for hook-ups @_@

Haha, I used to throw my dreams at my sister who writes stuff occasionally. Don't let this disney shit fool you tho, most of my dreams are either work-related-stress-induced or a disturbing mess. 

also LOL. I'd also pay good money to have a stronger jaw, man but are those attractive. 

also NOPE, trauma incoming on the brother front~