Lestat

What did you dream about last night?

Last night, I dreamt that I was taking a psychology exam (I took my second sociology exam this morning and I've already taken two for psych) and for the entire exam, I was worried that I was sat in the wrong seat (there are usually cards with our names on them on the tables, but in the dream, we were all assigned a number before the exam and we had to sit at whichever desk had our number. Mine was 600) and I couldn't concentrate at all but then it turned out I got everything 100% right. Mayhaps this is a good omen?

Aight, so all you FFXIV players will know that ounces, pounds and tonnes are referred to as onzes, ponzes and tonzes respectively. Well, last night, I dreamt that I was walking down the street with my psychology class and someone mentioned "conzes". Which, in my dream, meant "cocks". This girl in my class exclaimed "awwww, I love conzes!" so I just covered my face in embarrassment and that... was that.

I then dreamt that I was going around sampling fruit juices and chocolates but my alarm woke me up right after I bit into the corner of a chocolatey slab thing.

@Gesu you dream a ton!

I dreamed that I was a contestant in some new Gordan Ramsay cooking show. I was ecstatic. But for whatever reason, I didn't go to the first challenge. I still showed up for the judging though. My group was sat at a clothed round table in a large dining hall next to a set of double doors. There were windows all along the walls with curtains over them and soft light shining in. Everyone was dressed in a white shirt and slacks, and the men also had red vests on. Gordon Ramsay went around the table judging everyone's dish one-by-one.

Angela from the Office was also a contestant on the show and when he ate her food, he told her, in his typical manner, how terrible it was. She snapped back saying he knows nothing about cooking and then he fired back with a classic Gordan Ramsay rant. His roast was so bad (no pun intended)  it sent her away flustered and brimming to tears. I was next. I didn't even want to hear what he had to say so I pretended like I had a phone call and left.

I escaped to the room next door which was all of a sudden the living room at my parent's house. There was a little mini-poodle dog there and it was really sick. It gave birth to like 7 pups and then proceeded to eat them one by one. It then died and then came back to life rabbid with slime dripping from its mouth and its eyes filled with rage. I tried to calm it before waking up.

Edited by ghost

On 5/26/2019 at 7:09 AM, Gesu said:

@ghost A tonze ;) and damn, that is a crazy dream and a fun read!

Haha yeah! I've got a ton of weird and vivid dreams I keep in a dream journal. Been trying to lucid dream for years now to no avail.

DIMLIM were playing at a local church in my town. They were wearing T-shirts and jeans, no make up and Sho had black hair. A few metal fans came, very few. We were sat on these tiny stools and the rest of the crowd were just old people who attended church. The band must've been a meter away from the audience lol they played half of two songs and left along with every young person there, then the vicar came to start the sermon. I heard the songs clearly, so I think it's time to listen to chedoara again. 

I got a henna tattoo. I mostly likely dreamt that because I was out with my grandma yesterday and we saw these DIY henna tattoo things in a shop and she said I should buy one (I didn't, though).

On a hot sunny day, I was walking in some dry marshy backyard behind an old decrepid mansion. As I was walking towards a log I noticed something unusual in the ground. It was an enormous crocodile in front of me camoflouged in the mud (I'm talking like Resident evil 2 sized). It started to rise out of the earth and lumber towards me so I ran away back towards where I came. Two others tried to ambush me from that direction so I ran around them. I looked back and saw one of them chomp on a small animal, crushing its bones and popping it open. Terrified, I ran into the old wooden house trying to find safety. Somehow, it had felt like I was there before.

I'm noticing this recent pattern of animals wanting to eat my face off.

Edited by ghost

I had a fucking nightmare last night. First one I've had in ages, but it didn't feel like a nightmare when I woke up. I can usually distinguish a dream from a nightmare not from the contents of the dream itself, but from how I feel afterwards. After a nightmare, I usually feel super disoriented, like I don't know if it's PM or AM. Anyways, I have a leaky ceiling in my flat IRL, probably because of a burst pipe (I'mma get it looked at tomorrow). Anyways, in my dream, the water became really, really infectious very quickly and spread to my entire flat. The walls were just covered in this weird, papery brown mould. Now, here's the really weird part; my eyebrows... turned scaly. Like a snake. And I'm pretty sure I had some other horrible illnesses besides that, but I don't quite remember. I was just so scared and I couldn't wake up quickly enough. I think it was a sign that I really need to get that leak looked at (not that it's been there for very long... a week, maybe? And I only noticed it a couple days ago).

@Gesu That's creepy. It reminds me of an episode from The Haunting of Hill House.

I had 2 dreams last night.

Dream 1
I was in someones house I didn't know. It was a wealthy lady's place though. Her daughter, who was a bit older than me, and I were making out. She would tease me a bit acting like she was coming in for a kiss but then not. I remember how glossy her lips were and that she was also sporting a cheetah blazer. She kind of had this Janice from Friends look going for her, from her hair style to her clothes.

At some point I woke up. But I was still dreaming. I was in my parents house in my old room. It was dark and the house was quiet with the only light coming from the porch light outside. I went into the bathroom and laid down on the sink (of all places) to cool down.

Dream 2
I was a spy and I had to get some sensitive information back to headquarters. I was running through windows, sliding down stairs, and fighting people who were trying to stop me. At one point I ended up in basement. There was a person coming down. I thought it was a guard so prepared myself to attack. When he got to the bottom of the stairs I cut him across the neck with a sharp piece of glasss I found.

It was actually an innocent bystander. A group of people heard the commotion and came down to see what it was. When they saw their friend they rushed him upstairs. Some peole stayed behind, which I assumed to subdue me. Instead, they welcomed me and proceeded to give me tour of the place. It was some kind of home for elderly people.

Edited by ghost

Just had a nap and dreamt that I met Jandelaine from FFXIV. I was so happy! He's my favourite character. He was offering a set of quests that would unlock really cool, fancy gear. One of them was a tuxedo with a tailcoat and bow tie, and the tailcoat was bright purple by default.

I then dreamt that I saw my dad again and we took a night-time walk, but the entirety of it consisted of me crying over how much I missed him.

I then dreamt that my hair was falling out really fast at the roots. I would blame Jandelaine, but the weird thing was that in the first dream, I was dreaming I was my FFXIV self and in this one, I dreamt that I was my real self so idk, mayhaps he decided I had fallen so far into the depths of unseemly ugliness that he decided to transcend the barriers of reality and see me come back as... a beauty reborn. With a tonsure.

ETA: 

He was offering a set of quests that would unlock really cool, fancy gear.

I think this is a good idea, tbh. My subconscious really knows what it's doing. I could literally develop a game in my sleep.

Edited by Gesu

Back for the first time in weeks because I hit a dream slump. Anyways, I just had a nap, aaaand… mild Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

I was about to take part in this charity walk thing. I think it was organised by my college. Anyways, a member of staff advised us to buddy up and hold hands with someone so we were less likely to split from the group. Like we were children! A lot of us started teasing each other because this walk just so happened to be on Valentine's Day and we were all getting really bashful. My best friend asked to buddy up with me so I said "ew, no, go hold hands with someone else" hoping to pass it off a blunt joke and she found someone else instead. Anyways, the reason I turned her down is because Chihiro Fujisaki was also taking part and I wanted to hold hands with him. I went up to him (he was all alone and looking away shyly) and said "hey, I was wondering if I could walk with you because I know you're pretty shy and I figured maybe you wouldn't want to ask someone else", or something along those lines. And he agreed! We did the walk and we kept on chatting to each other and about halfway through, we kissed. Hahhhh, if only that dream was real! I guess the reason I didn't dream for ages is because my brain was too busy concocting that for me. Well done, brain! Ya knocked that one outta the park. ❤️

I dreamt that I woke up next to Ryo (Virge's vocalist). He was still sleeping so I stroked his back to wake him up, and as he turned his head to look at me I asked him to grope my boobs. He never did it though and I pouted and felt disappointed.

tfw ur fave bandman doesn't want u even in ur dreams :(

Last night, I dreamt that I was walking down the street with my parents and we passed this elderly couple. It was a man and a woman and the man was pushing the woman along in a wheelchair. I got a really strange feeling as I walked past them because the man was wearing this really fancy Georgian wig except it was ash brown instead of white. I could also see both of their lips moving but I didn't hear anything they said because I had my earphones in. Anyways, after they walked past, I took out one of my earphones and my mum said "why were those people singing gospel music?" and I was like "wut?" so I slowly approached the corner they turned and seconds later, they came after us screaming this gospel music at the top of their lungs and running at full speed. Even though we were all much younger than them and the man was probably slowed down by the fact that he had to push his wife's wheelchair, they caught up to us. I feel like I had to make an important decision when they did but I can't remember what it was because I usually wake up just before or after the climactic point of my dreams.

I had 2 dreams last night.

Dream 1

My sister wanted to pull a heist to rob some building. I was totally against it saying it's a dumb idea but my parents were there and they were really on board with it and very supportive. I was loosing my mind because we didn't even have a plan, but everyone was eager. So we suited up with masks and drove to this building. When we got there though, it was raining and there was security everywhere. I kept saying how this was a bad idea but no one listened to me and just split up to find ways inside.

Dream 2

I went up to a lovely air bnb cabin at the top of a hill with a view of the ocean. I was ready to enjoy the weekend and have some nice R&R. When I walked in though there was man wielding a chainsaw waiting for me. As soon as I walked in he revved it up. He looked like a crazed version of leatherface with makeup (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 version) and had this wide-eyed manic yet distressed expression with clenched teeth. He kept twitching and making these yelping noises, almost like he was in pain. 

I was terrified but just kind of hurried past him trying to get to my room. When I got halfway up some stairs he started doing the dance that leatherface does at the end of movie but more viciously and psychotic. I just went into my room and shut the door. 

Edited by ghost

Last night, I dreamt that I enrolled at a new college and they had a compulsory PE course but because it was so strenuous, they wouldn't let any students under 153cm take part (which isn't really asking a lot, to be fair). I dodged that bullet by 2cm >:D

I then dreamt that me and seven other students at this college went on a long walk (kind of like a charity walk but I don't remember it specifically being for charity). We wore these weird latex masks that made us look like female pop stars (like Little Mix or Girls Aloud or whatever) and someone filmed us during the walk and made a new music video for Radiohead's Creep with the footage. I mean, I guess that's one way to portray a creep...

I had another series of unrelated dreams.

Dream 1

I had some old acquaintances spending the night with me over at my parents place. However, they wouldn’t go to sleep. Our rooms were on the second floor and what they wanted to do is slide down the stairs belly first. They kept alternating, one person sliding down then the next person while I kept telling the two of them to go to sleep and that they would wake someone up. But just then, really loud music began to play from outside. We all went downstairs to investigate and noticed a bright orange light illuminating into the house through the window. By this time my parents were awake and also trying to find the source of the sound. 

We tracked the sound to our neighbors backyard where a large group of teenagers were having a bon fire and blaring music. We told them to keep it down and that there were people trying to sleep. They didn’t take too kindly to that and they all started to get up and glare at us. We hurried back inside and closed the door. Soon after the gang broke through our front door and started surrounding us. My acquaintances were no where to be seen and it was just me and my parents. Some of them began attacking us but they actually ended up being chumps and terrible at fighting. My dad would just grapple them or flip them to the ground and eventually they just all scrambled out in panic.

Dream 2

Me and some random people were in a forest getting lessons. The instructor was some old man dressed up like the clown from the original IT (Tim Curry) and he was teaching us how to use HTML tags on a chalkboard. It was really weird and the lesson didn’t even make sense. Specifically, he was trying to teach us how and when to use block quotes. He asked one of the students a question and they answered incorrectly. He menacingly hissed at them that, “that’s the reason [he] hates children, because they are mindless little filthy bitches.”

Then I woke up and found out I slept through all 4 of my alarms and was almost late for work.

Last night, I dreamt that I was at high school again and I stood under a CCTV camera. Three other students stood near me and we heard the headteacher's voice count to four over a loudspeaker. For some reason, he was an American man even though my actual high school headteacher was English. Anyways, we thought he was giving us four seconds to get out of sight of the camera for whatever reason until a load of other students stood under it too. He quickly counted to fifty and he gave us all a number (mine was four). Idk why he numbered us. He then told us to race around the school and I guess whoever won got a prize? I came seventeenth so I'll never know.

I had a weird sensation earlier this week. As I fell right asleep, I dreamt I was falling through a hole and woke up immediately. Felt like I dropped right through my bed. The hole itself looked like the tunnel from Coraline. Probably the shortest dream I've ever had, literally felt like it lasted a quarter of a second.

505589.jpg

Edited by ghost

I'm amazed how you guys can verbalize your dreams. My therapist advised me to keep a dream journal and most of the time all I can draw are images because I can't describe what I see.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

I'm amazed how you guys can verbalize your dreams. My therapist advised me to keep a dream journal and most of the time all I can draw are images because I can't describe what I see.

I guess it depends on whether you're a more visual or auditory thinker. I'm very auditory for the most part and I'm only ever visual if I need a concept explained to me (for example, a diagram to explain the uncanny valley or cynicism vs scepticism would help me more than simply stating the definition).

55 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Care to share any of them?   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think too the more you write down your dreams, the easier it gets to write about them. When I first started out writing down my dreams, I usually only wrote down like a sentence or two, and in some cases just words. 

I've actually always wanted to animate or create a video of a few dreams I've had because it's just too difficult to put them into the words to describe the feeling or event. But I can't animate and can't imagine trying to get a crew to reenact a shot dream, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Just now, ghost said:

Care to share any of them?   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think too the more you write down your dreams, the easier it gets to write about them. When I first started out writing down my dreams, I usually only wrote down like a sentence or two, and in some cases just words. 

I've actually always wanted to animate or create a video of a few dreams I've had because it's just too difficult to put them into the words to describe the feeling or event. But I can't animate and can't imagine trying to get a crew to reenact a shot dream, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

They are absolutely horrifying and undescribable which is why I draw pictures. And I am no artist.