Wicked Teletubby

BABYMETAL

I still find it funny that people are giving the trio crap because they weren't fans of metal to begin with. (Or was unaware of the genre?) It's as if we all grew up with metal or something in mind that made us became fans to the genre. But hey, they are getting around to the music and that's what matters, right?

OMG you are so obnoxious , what about the fathers of metal? Did they grew up in this genre? OF COURSE NOT , they made this genre , each time a band made something new in metal they got all the hate on them and now all of those band are legends , they are called master of metal . You think you grew up with metal? Dont joke around , i know true metal fans , they are open minded , they dont flame and hate and new genre of metal just because they think its not metal . Every other person judges ppl by what they listen to , thats why ppl like me who listen to japanese music are treated like a different race , but for true metal fans it does not matter what language the music is a long as it rocks hard .

ALSO you forget one big thing , the music itself is made by ppl who could be called masters of metal , they where in many bands , they are known to almost every fan of japanese rock/metal music . Some of them even could be called the fathers of japanese rock and metal . They know metal more then you , they live it and it flows in their veins , if they approve of Babymetal as a metal band than it is a metal band . You dont need to like it , its your choice , everyone has his likes and dislikes , but no one really cares for this , its you whos not liking it , why are you trying to be an ass and spoil the fun for others , you think your a god ? You thinkg your the center of attention ? Your bad opinion of this band is just a drop of water on a desert full of sand .

Getting back to the live album , ive fell in love with the new sound thay have now . Its better then the actual studio album .

For me Its crap it will be always crap.

reason.

Its only popular because of the 3 cute girls.  that's the only reason.

Its simply jpop mix with metal. aka METAL for people who normally NEVER did listen to METAL before.

Of course some former metal fans do like baby metal but come on man...

=___=

Its crap to me it will be always crap for me. it will be never liked by me.

I rather to listen to some real metal with some not good looking man. XD

aka METAL for people who normally NEVER did listen to METAL before.

There's a lot of long time metalheads who like it, though. Some people aren't so rigid that they can actually enjoy metal mixed with other styles.

If you don't like it, that's cool. But I really hate when people assume "only idiots like this". A lot of people enjoy cheesy and fun things. Metal is a genre that often takes itself way too seriously. I think Babymetal offer people a break from that.

There's a lot of long time metalheads who like it, though. Some people aren't so rigid that they can actually enjoy metal mixed with other styles.

If you don't like it, that's cool. But I really hate when people assume "only idiots like this". A lot of people enjoy cheesy and fun things. Metal is a genre that often takes itself way too seriously. I think Babymetal offer people a break from that.

+1

The situation is not so serious that people need to attack one another for their differences.

You cant take what he wrote for serious , there are a hell lot of ppl who started to listen to Babymetal because of the ppl who work on composing those songs , not just cause there are 3 cute girls . There is even a song composed by Yuyoyuppe , not to mention im more interested in seeing their live DVD's especially cause of their new Kami band members like Leda and Takayoshi Ohmura , not to mention Ryo from Blood Stain Child who was one of the former Kami .

Introduced a love interest to babymetal and she said she lost all respect for me as a fellow metalhead :(

But what bands does she listen to? Just curious.

There are enough metal bands already existing which take themselves not too seriously. It's not like metal *in general* takes itself too seriously to begin with. You don't need a pop idol band with an underage-only policy from japan and robotic girls under total control of their management to loosen up (i can't loosen up to this backgrounds certainly). And above that I really don't know a single metalhead that has not been a japan-freak before, being a long time fan of the band. BABYMETAL is seen as something much bigger than it actually is, in the sorts of circles here. It really offers only for those kinds of japan fans, while for the other "metalheads" it's just a phenomenon like "oh, look how funny they are - ~headbang~, those crazy japs. now let's go somewhere else.."

And above that I really don't know a single metalhead that has not been a japan-freak before,

First thing that came to mind was Marty Friedman.

she listens to a lot of 'core' bands, so anything metalcore or deathcore etc etc 

I guess you could use the "You're not listening to real metal" card on her too.

I guess you could use the "You're not listening to real metal" card on her too.

Not quite - I listen to more or less the same stuff too. but the difference is im vastly more open minded when it comes to music, 99% of the stuff she listens to is from the U.S. - Not exactly a bad thing as metal is something the U.S. seems to do quite well in most cases but the world is a huge place. full of diversity and MUSIC is the one 'language' in this world where you dont need to understand or 'know' it to really enjoy it.

I guess im lucky in a sense as I am a musician and I play multiple instruments. I might not be as skilled as some of the best musicians out there but having been taught how to play an instrument at a young age as well as studying music in highschool and playing for a few various local bands in my youth you could kinda stay that I have a deeper understanding and appreciation of whatever sort of music I listen to and its because of this that I'm able to be more diverse in my own tastes and even find electronic music enjoyable.

I find older metalheads are more accepting than the younger fans. Probably because they have daughters the same age as the BM girls.

I do wonder what will happen in a few more years when they start maturing. Will the label do like Menudo, a Hispanic boy band back in the 80s that kept replacing members as they got too old?