Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DIV new maxi single "Point of view" release

ANYWAY

Just out of curiosity, to the people who are NOT digging DIV's current sound (Ricchu, Ichibayo, karin-adele, Jon_Jonz, etc.), at what point (which release) do you think DIV started going downhill?

I was reading and then got lost because I literally don't see how Sid or Kameleo are of any relevance to Div. 

All I know is that this is 100% a matter of opinion and arguing isn't going to make them slow down or stop at all. 

My very honest opinion on Div is that they seem to be progressing rather nicely. Their music is getting better, more interesting with each release even if not EVERY song is perfect (Golden Kinema Gekijou being my least favorite song to date) and I feel their popularity level reflects appropriately to their label and general place in the music industry. I think everything is going up for them and it's great.

Now if you want my opinion on people who think musicians get WORSE with popularity well.... I think those people are the worst music elitists out there and are being contradictory for contradictory's sake and to make people think they're superior for not liking something that's popular. 

He basically said Kameleo makes money only because of the merch and no one cares about their music. It's like people need lamps and they attend to an expensive VK concert packed with crazy bangyas just because they sell great lights, you know ? So why not pay for tickets and listen to their shitty music if you can get a super cool towel and a nice T-shirt ?

I dont want to be this off topic, but just to clear this up, I was not saying they only make money due to the lights etc... I was saying they make so much because they sell things like that, just like many other bands do. The same way bands make so much off the towels, cheki etc... Kameleo is positioned as a super-indie band yet still draws in good profits due to things like that. Live shows are not very profitable in many cases but things like this make them, and close the gap in profits.

Nowhere did I say anything about people not liking their music, fans who like their music also buy those things and that is business worldwide for bands.

Anyway, back to DIV.

@fitear1590 & ShanethVarosa: I never said I don't like DIV. On the contrary, I do like them, but yeah, they're "going downhill". They were way better up until last year, so, probably, their last really good release to me was that Golden Kinema thingy. After that, they've just been releasing boring music, and the quality dropped.

And I'm not blaming any labels for the incompetence of their musicians. As I said before, some bands actually got better after becoming major, and changing the style or becoming popular does not necessarily mean that they have to make shitty music, but most of them do, so the tendency is that it'll happen to DIV too.

ANYWAY

Just out of curiosity, to the people who are NOT digging DIV's current sound (Ricchu, Ichibayo, karin-adele, Jon_Jonz, etc.), at what point (which release) do you think DIV started going downhill?

I didnt like any release by them since golden kinema...Also their full album was pretty boring for me. I just kinda liked that ZERO ONE track and one that i cant even remember the title XD i just know the lyrics are like "mou omou dake ja tarinaiii kotoba dake ja tarinaiiii sugu ni tsuenakyaaa" 

they should take a rest cuz for me their releases are getting worst and worst... :/

dis..........

worst? cuz the last release so powerless huh?

Bands don't usually get worst because they're tired. They get worst when they become more popular. They'll just keeping getting worst because they don't have the experience/maturity to deal with popularity. They came from bands no one cared about and now they're signed to a big label that keeps promoting them over and over again until they get a huge fanbase, so they'll make anime songs, play on big venues and this kind of shit. I think that's the problem with mainstream VK. They invest on nobodies that are actually talented and then force them to keep reaching goals until they become extremely popular and if they do, the probability of them making good stuff is minimal, because I don't think they get anyone to help them and they're just being forced to keep producing over and over again, which is why they relase a bunch of stuff in a short period of time, which means that the quality of their music will drop, because japanese media unfortunately gives more attention to quantity over quality.

MAVERICK D.C. GROUP will keep forcing them to make whatever is popular at the moment of the production of a new relrase and that's what they'll do. That's what all bands from this company do, actually. Kameleo is doing funny stuff because GOLDEN BOMBER is a big hit in Japan, Girugamesh is back at doing heavy music again because metalcore is becoming mainstream, D.I.D. is for the kids who like tr00 music and DIV seems to be the pop band. It's just a matter of time before DIV becomes a shitty boy-band, with cute boys that make mediocre music that actually grants a lot of money to their label because that's what teenagers in general like. I like them and I really hope they don't ruin their carreer, but that's what they'll eventually do. CHISA himself kind of said on J-MELO they don't plan to be a VK band for a long time, so I guess the transformation has already begun.

oh dat argument, i'm really sorry about you, cuz i think not 100% you said is true

and why so many elitist have a fucking argument like this

SID is not VK.

another elitist has spoken that SID isnt VK, so tiredly to say that SID is VK and so many people think SID isnt VK

ANYWAY

At that golden kinema thing too, Butterfly dreamer wasn't that bad though.

I have a feeling like the last 10 comments should be in the DIV artist topic and not on the news forum for a release.

This. I'm being teased too much... Waiting for an actual update of some kind... T_T

Anyway, here they are at Stylish Wave '14:

Wow so early for a preview, but I like it. I definitely don't find it to be their best work, but it's just a small preview. 

Sign in to follow this