4 hours ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Someone's going to bring up TXT at some point, so I might as well give my thoughts:

They basically remind me of NCT Dream to some extent w/ their "cutesy and clean" vibes and whatnot. It's not bad for their first release, but I feel like using BTS as a point of comparison is not only unfair, but irrelevant imo. They're basically like every other "new"/nugu boy group, just w/ BigHit-level production (which isn't bad at all.) All the tracks on the mini are pretty refreshing tho.

What's strange is for some reason I cannot stand NCT or any of their sub groups which have a similar sound yet I dig the fuck outta this. Maybe it's because BigHit is putting some effort into what they produce versus SM who unless you're solo you're getting the cookie cutter recipe.

I'm not as impressed with the title track as I am with other songs on the release. Bright/Young concepts aren't my cup of tea generally. Also some mv shots feel a little ~come hither~ for me and considering their age it makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

Comparisons may be unfair but they happen. At this point every other nugu group also gets compared to BTS... so it's not really saying anything special.

Edited by doombox

5 hours ago, doombox said:

I'm not as impressed with the title track as I am with other songs on the release. Bright/Young concepts aren't my cup of tea generally. Also some mv shots feel a little ~come hither~ for me and considering their age it makes me feel very uncomfortable. 

Comparisons may be unfair but they happen. At this point every other nugu group also gets compared to BTS... so it's not really saying anything special.

I don't think it's right to compare them to BTS even if they are on the same label cause their style is obviously very different. But I agree with you the rest of the release is quite nice. I just kinda tune out the come hither stuff when I know they're quite young so I tend to ignore it.

2019 rookies are looking good so far :) 

found me addicted to VRVR's EP (again)...maybe Alright would've been a better debut title track, but I still love Ring Ring Ring

I'm not surprised Trei is flopping but I hope Banana Culture doesn't give up so soon, they're so good

9 hours ago, tetsu_sama69 said:

I don't think it's right to compare them to BTS even if they are on the same label cause their style is obviously very different. But I agree with you the rest of the release is quite nice. I just kinda tune out the come hither stuff when I know they're quite young so I tend to ignore it.

Same, really. I don't find it fair to compare groups in general-- unless said group feels like they actively ripping off another group. It's just unavoidable that they're gonna have constant comparisons because of the company, sadly. But I hope the fandoms get along, I like seeing the sunbae-hoobae relationship of same label groups.

Unfortunately that is just something that's gonna put me off the video, but I will still enjoy seeing how they progress musically and in a couple of years it won't matter anymore. I just wish companies would stop doing it. 

Edited by doombox

This is miles better than their debut song. Getting WJSN vibes from the production & aesthetic *_*.

---

This is nice, but I'm not crazy about the song. Full comeback will be dope tho.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I love this song so much 😍

And this :

Spoiler

I love his voice 😍

Edited by Miku70

I really dug this song but now that I've listened to the whole release, I gotta say I now need to be rescued because I'm drowning in the confidence and maturity from Map of Soul: Persona and I'm pretty sure any further releases in this style will actually kill me completely.

I'm definitely buying that new NU'EST album, songs sound great and Baekho wrote so much of it. I'm so proud of my bias. ❤️

BOYCOLD definitely falls more in the indie khh side of things but I've been jamming to his album so much. Really good if you like chill/vibey stuff!

THE FIFTH SEASON is so good :tw_innocent:

---

I'm so fucking proud of them ;;_;;. When I first discovered them, there was little-to-no noise (it took me stumbling upon them on last.fm looking up similar artists to B1A4) and now they're finally getting what they deserve. The screams and fanchants are so much louder compared to three years ago... I can't contain my excitement.  They deserve the world.

I fanboy over Ren constantly, but JR is probably my bias. I love all of them, though. 

KIM JONGHYUN MY HANDSOME WARTORTLE BOIIII

Edited by colorful人生

EXID going out with a BOP. I know they're not disbanding (rather, going on haitus), but w/ Hani and Junghwa not renewing their contracts in typical kpop-indefinite-hiatus-fashion... I'm a bit skeptical of a full comeback unless the rest leave Banana Culture in the future ;_;. Solji just got back, too ;__;.

---

New Weki Meki is fun :D.

stan yoojung 

Edited by colorful人生

News MVs :

I like this song :).

Before drug's scandal :

Others MVs :

MVs from today

The title of this MV is really funny 🤣. The song is nice.

I love this MV and this song very much 😍. This is really interessing. I love the ending from the MV 😍.

Edited by Miku70

NO WAY THIS IS A THREAD THAT EXISTS HERE?????! HELLOOOOO~

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Miku70 said:

I love this MV and this song very much 😍. This is really interessing. I love the ending from the MV 😍.

YESSS GOOD, kinda wish they continued in a darker direction but it's a summer wave so I guess it can't be helped. THAT WILD ELECTRO SLAPS THO <3<3

17 minutes ago, Miku70 said:

never heard of them, they new? lacks some power behind it imo, but hey potential is there! :)

8 hours ago, spockitty said:

never heard of them, they new? lacks some power behind it imo, but hey potential is there! :)

Yes their are new and two member are ex Wanna One members ☺️.

Seems like a lot of my favorites are trying out unconventional concepts this year.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this, but I like it overall. I still need to get around to listening to the rest of the tracks, but I prefer this to "Fingertip" when it comes to their "off brand" concepts. The chorus is a bit underwhelming and I feel like the track doesn't have enough "bite", but that's just a product of their vocal styles. On the other hand, the melodies are really nice and they all look absolutely stunning. Yerin's blush-and-green-contacts look (pardon my lack of makeup expertise) is really good on her.

WJSN's latest mini-album "For the Summer" in in the same vein as "HAPPY MOMENT" for me. It's not really my thing, but...

This has a really neat electro-swing/dance vibe to it that's really nice.

The whole MV is just Baekhyun walking for 4 minutes but I live for the song. I missed EXO and honestly this solo comeback brought me back to life. The pick up lines from the lyrics are so smooth tho, let's appreciate that XD.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:50 PM, Miku70 said:

And this :

Reveal hidden contents

I love his voice 😍

Late I'm glad he got to sing as a solo artist. I love his voice ^^

I was peering through my Korean music collection, and I re-discovered this catchy song~ (The PV is also pretty hilarious with the guy.)

Edited by monkeybanana4

Sorry for double posting, but I'm going away for a week and here's what I come back to?????!!

I remember when this little shit was 15 & sporting a bowl cut.