I enjoyed this a lot! Their Japanese songs are quite nice, and it seems like their overall pronunciation has really improved since Me Gustas Tu (JP ver.). Also, super gorgeous as always ❤️.

Ayyyyyy sexy wizard-school concept. I still prefer "Dreams Come True" from this year as a title track, but this still sounds pretty great. Gotta go through the whole mini tho. Addicted to the mini, every track is fantastic *_*.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

bona-stan in the back screaming her head off like a pterodactyl is my mood.

---

This slayyyys. SinB, Seulgi, Chungha, and Soyeon all in one place *_*. 

I feel like SinB is a bit more in her element here, imo. Also, it's nice to see Chungha as part of a group.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Didn't follow Produce48, but I really like the debut song! I'll have to check out the full release :D.

*Ahh, I remember watching some snippets of the first and second ep. I didn't feel like going through another Produce series after last season, but I forgot to check up on the concept groups. Memory Fabricators (기억 조작단) - 너에게 닿기를 (To reach you) is my favorite concept songs, but 1000% and See You Again are also really good (the former two being Gfriend-like concepts.) Totally stanning Nako now, she has ungodly cuteness levels. Reminds me of Han Hyeri in S1.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Produce 48 was really interessing, I am see all epidodes .  La Vie en Rose is very nice and original song 😊😊. Their others song of the mini album was in produce 48.

La La Love is pretty good :D. I'll have to give the whole mini a good listen starting tomorrow. I miss China line tho ;_;. At least they're included in the song "Memories".

GFRIEND has me hypppped. I actually like this concept more than "Time for the moon night", which I thought was "artsy" enough for them.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Ladies ruled 2018, and it sounds like they're gonna keep slaying in 2019 too. 

I'd kill for at least one more f(x) comeback, but Luna and Amber are getting me through.

Edited by doombox

I haven't listened to k-pop in a while but I put on sorry sorry for nostalgia and was amazed at how dated it sounds. I could barely listen to it.

Spoiler

And then you have stuff like this from 1998 which sounds really dated too but still sounds really nice (at least for me). I guess the theory of electronic music dating worse then other music is somewhat true, or at least true for stuff that's not masterfully produced.

Spoiler

And wow at that TRAX comeback. It was pretty bad but I really enjoyed it for some reason (just like oh my goddess. That was a great comeback too.). They really seem to like multi-year comebacks and musical shifts.

I feel like I should get back into k-pop but a lot of it feels a lot more Americanized now. I could just listen to american pop.

Edited by Tanishi

Yo, this is a great album. The lead track, Sunrise, is REALLY fantastic, and the overall album is pretty consistent. The tracks explore a lot of different musical avenues, and their overall sound leans more elegant than cutesy. "You are not alone", "Truly Love", "겨울, 끝", and "A Starry  Sky" are my favorites aside from the lead track.

They really nailed, though. The distribution is really fair, and Sowon has a much larger presence in this release :D. Their previous "artsy" concepts were always a touch on the "cheesy" side, but I think they got it right this time.

I haven't checked in on Apink since they were promoting in Japan, but this is a really neat track! The instrumentals have a chill vgm vibe, but the song is still upbeat which makes for an interesting sound. 

---

IZ*ONE just did a partial cover of Happiness, but it was too calm for me. The original is still GOAT... cheesy af, but still GOAT.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I am in love with that Dreamcatcher song. I know this may be the "end of nightmare" era but I hope they don't take the rock out of their concept. It's so good. 

I love this song (*q*)

I love this song to (>.<")

And the MV who  has  more 60 millions view :o 

Edited by Miku70

Someone's going to bring up TXT at some point, so I might as well give my thoughts:

They basically remind me of NCT Dream to some extent w/ their "cutesy and clean" vibes and whatnot. It's not bad for their first release, but I feel like using BTS as a point of comparison is not only unfair, but irrelevant imo. They're basically like every other "new"/nugu boy group, just w/ BigHit-level production (which isn't bad at all.) All the tracks on the mini are pretty refreshing tho.

Edited by colorfuljinsei