So much hypeeeee, my boyssss. This actually sounds really promising.

(I'm still looking forward to their first release w/ Minhyun back tho)

Also, apparently JYP is planning an all Japanese K-pop group. I'm not really that optimistic, but here's hoping :

Spoiler

Pretty much what everybody has been talking about BAAM and BBoom BBoom: EXID'S Up&Down/Ah Yeah 2.0, wich doesn't mean is bad, but compared to BBoom BBoom i think BAAM is kind of meh.

Btw, this is pretty great 

Looks like the 7 year curse strikes again. B1A4's Jinyoung and Baro will be leaving WM Entertainment. 

From the Soompi report:

In regards to the group’s future, WM Entertainment explained, “We will focus our energy on restructuring B1A4. We will thoroughly discuss the direction of future activities with the members and make a decision. Moving forward, we will wholeheartedly give all of our support and do our best for CNU’s, Sandeul’s, and Gongchan’s advancement. We will do even better for all the fans who love and support B1A4 unconditionally as well.”

Seeing the word "restructure" makes me worrisome there will be no intent for joint venture between WM and Jinyoung and Baro's new companies  to continue with B1A4's original line up. 

This is really sad. B1A4 had some great songs and I always thought they had a solid fanbase. I enjoyed quite a lot of their music. :(

In case people aren't familiar, this is one of my favorites.

Edited by doombox

Dammit, B1A4 was one of the first bands I REALLY REALLY liked. (Them and B.A.P)

I haven't been following them recently, and the last I heard was that they were promoting in Japan.

Only learned bad things, Sweet Girl, LONELY, and especially:

(This was the first Korean song that helped open the modern K-pop floodgates for me.)

While this is sad news, I will say that Jinyoung is a fantastic composer, and his songs w/ I.O.I and Oh My Girl hit my niche in K-pop music (the Apink, WJSN, April, GFriend, etc. vein of K-pop). He's also composed & co-composed most of the songs of B1A4's that I enjoy (In fact most of their hits in general... I wonder what direction they would go w/o him...). I'm looking forward to his future work.

Oh and before I forget... JOOM JOOM MY HEART LIKE A LOCKET

---

Now to another favorite of mine.

NU'EST W is doing so well right now, and Polaris wrecked me. The light is apparently supposed to represent Minhyun... God, when he returns their comeback will be godlike. 

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Jinyoung is a great songwriter. I'm curious how their sound will change too. And if Jinyoung will continue songwriting since it seems like the consensus is they left to pursue more acting opportunities. 

LMAO Beautiful Target is the gift that never stops giving.

tumblr_lrpcseNYc41qj84mj.gif

How much longer does Wanna One have anyway? I want Nu'est back together... I like their music so much better. I'm glad they found a larger audience though, they deserve it. The video for Deja Vu is gorgeous too. Everything they put out is quality.

2 hours ago, doombox said:

How much longer does Wanna One have anyway? I want Nu'est back together... I like their music so much better. I'm glad they found a larger audience though, they deserve it. The video for Deja Vu is gorgeous too. Everything they put out is quality.

They were supposed to disband at the end of December, but apparently they're gonna extend the contract out to Feb. of 2019 so they can participate in awards shows. Even though I listen to an equal assortment of boy and girl groups, I find myself less attached to Wanna One than I.O.I. IMO I don't think the members mesh as well, and I guess I'm biased toward Minhyun being in NU'EST.

I started following them around OVERCOME's release when there was zero noise ; _ ; (I only discovered them via last.fm looking up related bands to B1A4.) I'm extremely proud of them rn b/c they've finally got the audience they deserve.lowkey REALLY  want to see androgynous Ren again.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

11 hours ago, colorfuljinsei said:

I find myself less attached to Wanna One than I.O.I. IMO I don't think the members mesh as well, and I guess I'm biased toward Minhyun being in NU'EST.

Same.  I've been much more into the secondary, fan requested groups that came out of s2 like JBJ and RAINZ. W1 is missing some kind of chemistry between the members to me (most of whom weren't my favs on the show either besides maybe Ong for his humor), and I feel I.O.I had better songwriters with JYP and Jinyoung, etc. And it's funny because I didn't even watch s1, I just heard I.O.I after and ended up liking them, where as I watched all of s2 and didn't feel as connected to the boys. And I tend to bias boy groups. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow! Yeah, it is such a shame they were being slept on by that point. Even I was finding out about releases late because there was no buzz. Which I don't understand. They had a huge debut and --I feel-- their music only got better as they went on but idk, people just abandoned them. 😕 Ren with long hair was a LEWK. 

Woah, I need to listen to more RAINZ, they remind me of VAV!

If my memory serves me right, NU'EST sharply deviated in concept from their first release, w/ the decline in attention Pledis excessively promoted them in China & Japan (way too long), and when Seventeen debuted they were put on the back burner. All that caused a huge decline in their fanbase even though their debut was extremely successful. Pledis' frankly treated NU'EST (even their Japan label Ariola) like shit, and if I was a fan a couple years prior I would of been furious, to say the least. What's interesting is that their least popular releases hit my niche. NU'EST members have been writing lyrics for a long time, but they had a lot more control compositionally w/ Q and Canvas which are by far my favorite releases behind HELLO. 

---

dissa bop

That could have been it? I didn't hear any backlash (not saying that to be representational, my circle is just pretty small lol), I just saw a lot of people moved on. Easy come, easy go, I guess. :|

I'm kinda picky about ballads, this ones not for me. But it's pretty. 

A few of the youtubers I follow are doing their mid-year top 10 lists. 

What are everyone's top 10 songs/releases in K-pop this year so far?

Here's mine:

10. DREAMCATCHER - YOU AND I
9. CLC - Black Dress
8. Super Junior x Leslie Grace - Lo Siento
7. Momoland - BBOOM BBOOM
6. Hyolyn - Dally
5. (G)I-DLE - LATATA
4. SHINee - Good Evening
3. BLACKPINK - DDU-DU DDU-DU
2. NCT U - BOSS
1. MONSTA X - JEALOUSY

Edited by doombox

I'm so soft for this song. All the emotions everything was just expressed in this one. SHINee never failed to be beautiful man ;A;.

6 minutes ago, JukaForever said:

Yerin chose that bangs herself, it was cuter apparently

lol, she's quirky enough to pull off a hairstyle like that, but I'm surprised she went ahead w/ it for the MV.

It'll probably grow on me after a while.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

Multi-fandom shook-ness. (Also, Yerin's bangs totally grew on me)

My favorite off of the mini ❤️ (all of their songs with "wind" in the title are obv. gonna be bops):

Edited by colorfuljinsei

17 hours ago, colorfuljinsei said:

It's Jin bby!

This is really nice.

Also related... A pretty decent metalcore cover of "FAKE LOVE". I have my gripes, but it's pretty damn gud.

Reveal hidden contents

talking about covers, this is my favourite:

The song has def. grown on me, but I can't say it's entirely up my alley. The MV that'll feature Nicki Minaj will probably be out in a couple days... Which will be interesting... I find the new material on the re-packaged album pretty status quo w/ each member having a song (except for V, but he was featured a lot on the last release) and oblig. ballad track. My favorites are Serendipity (Full) and Euphoria. That being said, this is how it usu. goes w/ re-packages anyway, and they've come out w/ a ton of material recently.