Two of my favoeite girl groups lost members. :/ I'm kind of fading out of KPOP tbh.  I love it but at the same time, an era is coming to an end. My era it seems. 

Time to bury my head in vkei again. 

3 hours ago, Hakari said:

New YG group BLACKPINK killing it.

Easily the most overhyped group of 2016. Primarily because they come out of YG's camp and there's an extreme over emphasis on them being the "new 2ne1."

I can give them props for having a fierceness to them that cant be ignored. Other than that there's quite a few things about this specific song by itself that won't allow me to hop on the hype train. The song progression sounds dumb identical to Bigbang's Bang Bang bang. And Hellovenus's second to last comeback. However when you take that aspect away, I will admit that it does sound pretty nice. And Some of those Lyrics are extremely try hard and cringe worthy at best. 

Imo, they have a ways to go. I'll keep on the look out for them.

I actually like that song a lot if it wasn't for the chorus. Inversely, I don't like Whistle for the most part (especially the rapping) but i like the chorus.

They couldn't have made it more obvious that they are supposed to be 2NE1 with Minzy 2.0

...and by that I mean that from those two songs I can't tell what their concept or personality is supposed to be other than 2ne1 all over again.

Edited by seurong

I found them pretty good actually, the songs were kinda "eh" when I first listened to them, but I gave them another listen and they really stuck to me. The catchy factor is definitely there in my opinion.

i also didn't like the progression of Boombayah much either, which made it easily 2nd to Whistle, though I wish they could've done more with the chorus in that song too.

I can't say they're trying to be 2ne1 2.0 from just 2 songs, we've barely seen much from the girls in general. Lisa is amazing like no rookie I've ever seen and I love Rosé's voice so much. All of them actually have pleasant voices, and their choreos are pretty fun to look at. 

In other words, I wouldn't knock these girls just yet. Hoping and praying YG doesn't ruin it for them so soon.

Edited by gekiai

I've been jamming to this for the past couple days now because it's so darn catchy :D 

They really surprised me with this.

Not a huge Kpop listener but my sister suggested me to check this out, and I liked it. It's pretty chill and somewhat catchy, as I like it to sound like. 

4 hours ago, Visutox said:

Not a huge Kpop listener but my sister suggested me to check this out, and I liked it. It's pretty chill and somewhat catchy, as I like it to sound like. 

K.A.R.D has been getting a lot of hype lately..and I can see why because they have a very western sound to me and it's very palatable for a wide range of audiences.

Personally it doesn't really draw me in, but I do love the co-ed concept and wish it was more implemented in kpop.

Choreo's interesting too.

Yeah they clearly have a western sound to me as well, which is probably why it was more appealing to me more than the usual stuff? Idk. 

This month is gonna be all about the Tang-Tang-Tang Fingertips for me with GFRIEND's comeback .... And also lolis with Brave Girls

Taeyeon's new album also came out bout a week ago, a little lackluster IMO even though she is my fave singer. Damn near all the songs on that album sounds like it came out of an american producer.

Ql5urEa%5B1%5D.jpg

This song is actually really lame, but the girls are cute.

Put it here anyway since this is one of the highly anticipated groups that let many people down

22 hours ago, JukaForever said:

T-ARA is done ... welp

at least they still release something with all members in may. hope its great. their last release was a bit lackluster

4 hours ago, Yutaproid1 said:

at least they still release something with all members in may. hope its great. their last release was a bit lackluster

Their last two were :/

Sugar Free still the undefeated GOAT