enyx

sukekiyo

8 hours ago, crossparallel said:

I don't get it, Kyo's far from my fave but - he writes lyrics and music, comes up with concepts for the live shows, hell the live shows are some of the best I've ever seen. And you're telling me we're hanging on some fucking theremin to determine his worth? 

That was just a tongue-in-cheek example, lmao.

Anyways, you've stated things which could be applied to pretty much any other genrebending chanteuse (uhm, Mike Patton if we insist). And seeing as the rest of Sukekiyo is already evolving in our eyes - or in our ears, aptly put, some of us would love to see Kyo following suit. So how to do that? We often see that certain vocalists from some specific acts take it up a notch and use another instrument to showcase more definitive progression (e.g. guitars, synth) , and all that jazz.

Frankly speaking my example happened to be true as @blacktoothstated - Uta DID use theremin there...

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

And seeing as the rest of Sukekiyo is already evolving in our eyes - or in our ears, aptly put, some of us would love to see Kyo following suit.

lol @ talking about "evolving" when it's a band that's literally only been releasing music for 3 years but okay.

I'll just be here in my corner quietly enjoying the music. ^^

Edited by Jigsaw9

9 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

That was just a tongue-in-cheek example, lmao.

Anyways, you've stated things which could be applied to pretty much any other genrebending chanteuse (uhm, Mike Patton if we insist). And seeing as the rest of Sukekiyo is already evolving in our eyes - or in our ears, aptly put, some of us would love to see Kyo following suit. So how to do that? We often see that certain vocalists from some specific acts take it up a notch and use another instrument to showcase more definitive progression (e.g. guitars, synth) , and all that jazz.

Frankly speaking my example happened to be true as @blacktoothstated - Uta DID use theremin there...

I'm not about the theremin, it's just, people take so many things for granted. Kyo's work still gives me feels (which is why I'm listening to him and not other singers named and unnamed).  sukekiyo's evolution's been pretty exciting, and not just in terms of trying new things musically - it's always a slightly different feeling, new imagery, and I think Kyo deserves some of the credit for that. Don't know who of your faves can live up to the standards being set for Kyo in this thread (mine sure don't, lol).

Edited by crossparallel

14 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

lol @ talking about "evolving" when it's a band that's literally only been releasing music for 3 years but okay.

I'll just be here in my corner quietly enjoying the music. ^^

Not trying to be the picky one here but this is not a band of "newbies" as we speak - each and every member had an extensive history of being in other acts behind them, including Kyo. So technically speaking evolution did happen there, but it's more about seeing individual efforts (e.g. who would know that Mika is such a good drummer IRL? He didn't do much in RES tbh. Or what about Yuchi, too) rather than experiencing Sukekiyo as um, "the whole band".

So TL;DR, to explain my doubts:  I still perceive them individually because I cannot take them as a "separate band" but more or less a "dream act" instead. I used to follow each and every member in Sukekiyo before (hence having different expectations), and I never tried to imply that Kyo SHOULD take this route because it would be the only right one. But you know, you cannot blame fans for being too wishful...

Edited by Alroy

^ I guess I get what you're saying. It's just that it's still kinda unbelievable for me that such a thoroughly interesting and 'otherworldly' musical entity as sukekiyo can exist within (or spawned from) visual kei that I'm still just kinda in 'mind = blown' mode and perfectly content with whatever they do. Not to discredit the VK scene as a whole, but ya know, it's rarely the breeding ground for experimental and high-quality acts like this.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I can already say that ADORATIO is the most engaging sukekiyo release to date.

I've been following them since day one, but always had trouble getting into their music (don't know why). With IMMORTALIS, I loved "elizabeth addict," and I've probably listened to it 1,000 times by now, but the rest of the album only got one listen; nothing after that really captured my attention, and it felt too long to go back to. VITIUM I also only listened to once a long time ago, while at work (back in my kitchen days);  it was a nice album, pretty chill, but nothing really stood out to me. ADORATIO I've listened to once and already intend to listen to more; every track had something that stood out, something to love, and I grew to appreciate 耳ゾゾ even more (another song that I listened to once then ignored). This album also encourages me to go back to previous material and pay closer attention to further releases.

ADORATIO is the sukekiyo release I've been waiting for since they formed. The album cover is hideous as shit, though (lol).

Also, speaking of 耳ゾゾ, does anyone know how to translate the title? I managed to translate every other title on the album, but I couldn't come up with anything for ゾゾ that made sense...

49 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

I can already say that ADORATIO is the most engaging sukekiyo release to date.

I've been following them since day one, but always had trouble getting into their music (don't know why). With IMMORTALIS, I loved "elizabeth addict," and I've probably listened to it 1,000 times by now, but the rest of the album only got one listen; nothing after that really captured my attention, and it felt too long to go back to. VITIUM I also only listened to once a long time ago, while at work (back in my kitchen days);  it was a nice album, pretty chill, but nothing really stood out to me. ADORATIO I've listened to once and already intend to listen to more; every track had something that stood out, something to love, and I grew to appreciate 耳ゾゾ even more (another song that I listened to once then ignored). This album also encourages me to go back to previous material and pay closer attention to further releases.

ADORATIO is the sukekiyo release I've been waiting for since they formed. The album cover is hideous as shit, though (lol).

Also, speaking of 耳ゾゾ, does anyone know how to translate the title? I managed to translate every other title on the album, but I couldn't come up with anything for ゾゾ that made sense...

Considering Kyo's affinity towards anything old skwl horror/mystery (see: sukekiyo's name origins), Zozo could actually be the same Zozo they talk about in Ouija circles (the poltergeist-like demon or something like that, ouija enthusiasts welp)

That's just me though since it wouldn't be surprising if Kyo still sticks to "demonic references" just like in Dir...

Speaking of songs, are some of those kanjis that Kyo uses in their titles rather ancient ones (much closer to Chinese hanzi, for that matter)? E.g. I would never be able to guess how the heck "Hidauta" was supposed to be romanized like that...in trad. Chinese someone could guess "folding song" but wtf lol.

Edited by Alroy

5 hours ago, blacktooth said:

I really want to listen to the 8cm I got, but I'm having no luck with my slot drive. Has anyone heard either of the live tracks yet?

Yea, it is shared in download section. Both of them, in FLAC. Maybe you can listen it by downloading those :D

24 minutes ago, LIDL said:

Yea, it is shared in download section. Both of them, in FLAC. Maybe you can listen it by downloading those :D

still kinda new to this site, where can i find the download section?

59 minutes ago, matthazell said:

yeah you're right i can't view it lol rip

Ah, maybe you can try to be more active in the forum, maybe it'll help.

Try contact mods for assistance.

11 hours ago, matthazell said:

yeah you're right i can't view it lol rip

I just gave you a pity rep

14 minutes ago, Ozileras10 said:

I have 10rep and still can't  view it

Your posts also need to be 100, I guess. I forgot how it works, been  minute

2 minutes ago, LIDL said:

Your posts also need to be 100, I guess. I forgot how it works, been  minute

oh ok thanks! Guess I have to be more active then

7 hours ago, nekkichi said:

if you're specifically looking for sukekiyo stuff, it's also on rutracker, I think they're freeleech these days.

alright thank you!

I've got to listen to it again to really wrap my head around it, but my first impression of the new album was definitely positive!