enyx

sukekiyo

10 hours ago, emmny said:

kyo will never stop whoring the attention from the rest of the guys, i wish but NAH

It's a marketing thing. The frontman always gets more attention than anyone else in any band. People naturally latch onto the humanity that's intrinsic to vocals. As a result, the whole idea of a vocalist is highly marketable and is generally pushed to the forefront of photoshoots, PVs,  etc to make more money.

The same is true (albeit far more extreme) with BABYMETAL and other idol groups where the entire focus is on vocalists who barely write any of the music, while the actual artists receive almost no credit whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

he should named the band Sukekyo.

I linked to a YouTube video elsewhere on the forum (DEG thread?) where a woman suggested it was supposed to be a clever play on "suge Kyo", or "awesome Kyo."

Firstly @Saishu I've been meaning to tell you for ages your avi is awesome!

Secondly - I think it would be hard for Kyo to step back and not be the face of the band if you will, he's such a character and has such an intense presence. Just my thoughts.

Seeing as the vocalist only holds a microphone, it's easier for them to add more to the performance than, say, a drummer. Like someone said, Kyo has such a strong presence it's hard for him to step back, but I really would love to see more of uta's glossy hair. It doesn't help that the band always seem to be hidden in darkness. Why you guys hiding? What's up with the lighting crew? 

edit: after listening to VITIUM 100 times this week I can safely say it's better (just a little) than Immortalis

Edited by Platy

That blu-ray does make me appreciate then much more and I agree with people saying they may have not really found their sound yet. 

I think what it boils down to for me is on paper, this should be a favorite band.  Diru is largely responsible for my getting into vkei heavy, i love RES, and 9goats is god tier for me.....but it doesn't add up the way i wish it did. 

6 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Since when did Matt Uelmen join sukekiyo? Did I miss something?

Listened through everything once more, and I guess the reference might not be as prevalent as I thought. Though there as so many things like atmosphere, instrumentation, guitar tone/picking/chords that remind me of the D2 ost.

Edited by K8A

I completely forgot about that release. 

I don't think it was a live distribute cozI remember the price making me pass out. 

edit: I got confused. Yeah, it's a live distribute.

Spoiler

wtf I didn't even know this release existed either?

Edited by Platy

ahhh thanks a lot - I thought I forgot some release by them, because getting old and stuff and was sursprised finding this.

^ Well, they announced last summer that a new album would be ready by 'early 2017', so they'd better be! xD

Or maybe they changed their mind in the process, and only that live-limited single came of the recording sessions? (could be possible imo)

Edited by Jigsaw9

w/e posted the news here mentioned 2017 winter release (which obs is not happening already);

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/147622072712/hi-i-saw-that-sukekiyo-announced-new-album-in 

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/158927055577/sukekiyo-twitter-20170328-こんにちはユチです 

they're recording r.n. w/o a particular release date, tour in June tho.

Edited by nekkichi

Good to hear they're actually recording now. :) I'm guessing it should be out in the last quarter of the year (or maybe early fall?).

Edited by Jigsaw9

15 minutes ago, Dudemanguy said:

Oh sweet. I'm just now getting into them (dunno why it took me so long...). This should be interesting.

Same. Well I've been lukewarm for a while, but now they're up there as my favorite active vk band. The latest live dist was flames

Been listening to so much Vitium. 

This band is awesome. If I have a minor gripe is that they can get a little wankier than necessary sometimes, like the goofy fucking piano in that recent preview. Less is more, tho it's kind of their thing so w/e 

So we could buy ADORATIO early at the show in Kokusai Forum.
After listening to it few times I'm so in love! There are a lot of electronic bits, usual dark tones, nice guitars and piano, and of course Kyo.

I haven't even gotten to the extra CD and video part, but I'm already 100% with what 8100 yen got me :)

8 minutes ago, hotcocoa said:

So we could buy ADORATIO early at the show in Kokusai Forum.
After listening to it few times I'm so in love! There are a lot of electronic bits, usual dark tones, nice guitars and piano, and of course Kyo.

I haven't even gotten to the extra CD and video part, but I'm already 100% with what 8100 yen got me :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying it !

and I hate to be the person to ask but

any plans to upload it :^DDD ?  

Edited by sixblacknine