enyx

sukekiyo

Sukekiyo needs to stick with what tracks 10 and 12 sound like. Track 13 is good because it's something they haven't done before but yeah I knew this wasn't gonna top Adoratio but it's still got some standouts

on an unrelated note mimizozo is so slept on for being one of sukekiyo's best, make another pls

18 minutes ago, geist said:

They're the kind of group you would find in a New York nightclub full of drugged-out techno goths ripping coke and ecstasy in the bathroom.

you say that like it's a bad thing lmao

Just now, Tokage said:

you say that like it's a bad thing lmao

I'm just saying it would be a weird experience showing up to a sukekiyo show expecting to snort coke off a fat goth's manboob only to find a bunch of teenage girls dancing and waving in a synchronized VK dance cult.

Not expecting to like it at all but I'm morbidly curious. Gonna talk about my first listen impressions later

Edited by kuyashii

*first EVER comment*

someone kindly uploaded the album on yt, listen to it before it is gone.

first impression:

I agree this might be the worse album of sukekiyo til now, but still this is quite nice and interesting to listen to. inbetween some songs that I disliked (come on, why is that dorothy song on that album?!)

hyohaku is nice, has some interesting moments. Surprisingly, I really like sharara. The electronic parts fit really well.

I miss the nice piano outro in kouma chiga, ... that was in the demo version, but overall the song sounds better.

was there anybody else who was really hyped listening to the guitar part during the last seconds of kimi wa mukidashi, and then suddenly the song stopped? Like COME ON that sounds soo good make more out of that :(

I became fond of sukekiyo listening to vitium, which is one of my favorite albums ever. I will miss their sound.

they are such talented musicians, I really missed the drummer in that album...that is what goes through my mind right now.

Edited by cheesy_VK_Freak
grammar typo dude

I'm on my second listen now...I knew it wouldn't be as good as ADORATIO for me, so I turned off that expectation, for some reason 憂染 really irritated me and I just deleted it, but that was the only thing I really didn't like.
Fav tracks definitely 6. アナタヨリウエ、8. 本能お断り、13. 漂白フレーバー
The rest are fine, good...I don't know it didn't make me feel a whole lot outside those three songs. I didn't get any moments of euphoria or 'full body asmr' like I did with their previous songs lol. Kinda sad I was looking forward to more moments like that, but at least it's not bad.

1 hour ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

was there anybody else who was really hyped listening to the guitar part during the last seconds of kimi wa mukidashi, and then suddenly the song stopped? Like COME ON that sounds soo good make more out of that :(

I agree, the part from 2:10~2:45 as well for me plus those last seconds, but the rest of the song I'm neutral on, sucks they're so short.

Edited by karai · ebi

1 hour ago, geist said:

A lot of good ideas on this album, which I suspect are Takumi's. A lot of not-so-good ideas on this album, which I suspect are Kyo's.

There’s one song on there that sounds like a lost 9GBO song, so I wonder if it’s Uta’s

Had a couple of half-listens, being at work. For the most part I'm enjoying it, tracks 7, 12, and 13 are really interesting. I actually love 'dorothy' suprisingly, haha! Would've really liked to see them tackle a prog song (how would Sukekiyo's Vinushka/Diabolos sound?).

CD 2 I haven't gotten to, but I'm honestly just not interested in Kyo-and-friends karaoke. Some demos, b-sides (Rongai na Ikimono Toshite is possibly better than everything on this album, apart from being demo quality) and maybe some scoustic versions!? Tada Mada with an acoustic guitar, piano, light percussion and acoustic bass anyone? With Kyo rerecorded specifically for the track (no Diru 'unplugged' versions haha).

at least there were no remixes this time, just the mediocre grandpa karaoke shit

5 hours ago, slvts said:

Would've really liked to see them tackle a prog song (how would Sukekiyo's Vinushka/Diabolos sound?).

Practically the entirety of sukekiyo’s catalog is prog

18 hours ago, geist said:

They're the kind of group you would find in a New York nightclub full of drugged-out techno goths ripping coke and ecstasy in the bathroom. To my knowledge, such a thing is non-existent in Japan.

sukekiyo merch prices is how the band members cover flying to NYC for the gigs of the goth krew you speak of (with a line or two on top if towel sales are going particularly well)

Well, as someone who isn't really fond of Sukekiyo's music, I gotta say this isn't the absolutely unlistenable trainwreck I was expecting, but doesn't redeem them for me either. I feel like while it continues on the vein of Adoratio (which frankly I didn't like AT ALL) it plays way safer compared to it (even it still features the annoying overuse of synthetic instrumentation). I feel like a lot of the more out-there stuff is thrown on the songs to mask their lack of direction. Really get how some songs sound like they were recycled ideas ("Uso" wouldn't sound out of place on Immortalis).

Track 7 was my favorite from the first listen. A couple of the softer songs may grow on me with time (even though they sound rather generic compared to other songs by them). Don't plan to listen to most of the songs again though.

80% of the way done with album 

Its fucking really weird, messy, and just all over the place but I dont mind it

Dorothy slaps my ass tho that's a banger for the century 

I'm only on track 3, "Sharara", and uh...this is one crazy ride. 

Update: dorothy is THE banger.

Edited by EzraEroguro
Dorothy. Holy shit.

Anyone wants to clue me in on what this direction is that everyone talks about and how it manifests itself in music exactly? Apparently it's definitely not exercising their sound and aesthetic because that they're doing plenty as it is. 

Edited by Disposable

Really would like to know the background/motivation for doing the FLOPPY song. It stands out to me from the whole album (in a good way), relieving from the (high quality) boringness their songstructure can become as 死霊のアリアナ did on ADORATIO (again the only memorable song from the entire (still very good) album that was ADORATIO).

Dorothy is one of those songs a fake Japanese band would make as a joke. I can picture the PV already:  cats in kimonos dancing in front of a backdrop of Mt. Fuji and the Japanese flag. Mix in some 80’s filter aesthetics, and you’ve got a banger.  

7 hours ago, Saishu said:

Practically the entirety of sukekiyo’s catalog is prog

Sorry I was meant to say proggier, I quite enjoy these 4/5min songs that still manage to be quite a journey. Just very curious to hear what Sukekiyo would do with a 7-10 min track.