enyx

sukekiyo

would be really cool if they decided to dissolve as soon as possible, and the screeching ghoul has instead focused on Deg and his solo work with w/e featured artists are willing to contribute,

but something tells me it's just a qUirKy way to say "last performance of this year", and the dwarf is just being dramatic.

Just now, cvltic said:

just to prevent ppl from running with "last time", what he wrote was "I'm thinking there will be a lot of songs that we won't play anymore once this [tour] ends"

Thank you for preventing a huge premature heart break 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, Kelrya said:

Somehow Kyo is my favorite thing about DEG and my least favorite thing about sukekiyo. He sounds fine when he’s singing normally but I really really really fucking hate the obnoxious fake screaming breathing/coughing/wheezing/whispering mouth sounds that he does that ruin half the music. I love his clean vocals and his actual harsh vocals but good god he makes some annoying noises in this band. It would be cool if it was once in a while but he uses that weird old man whisper yelling thing on damn near every song on Adoratio. I’ve never had a problem with his harsh vocals in DEG, in fact I love them. I just can’t stand the way he does them in this band. However I do have some hope for the future since Gerbera and that demo song from January both had traditional harsh vocals that didn’t sound like nails on a chalkboard.

This. Screaming weird noises is not everytime the best stuff to come up with.

The Japanese says that it’s the last time for some of those songs. The English makes it sound like the band is breaking up.

Edit: I didn’t see there was a page 11 to this thread so it seems others have already clarified.

Edited by Kelrya

kinda wonder which songs will be the ones they'll stop performing tho, i'm guessing it might be some of their older stuff?

So odd they had to announce such thing. Honestly, how many bands out there who would announce publicly that they'd stop playing some songs? It must be some of fan favorites, otherwise they wouldn't bother, just my 2 cents.

Axing songs from setlists made sense in regards to DIR. They evolved musically so its understandable that they’d stop playing certain tracks. Sukekiyo imo hasn’t been around that long and has been pretty consistent with their sound, which makes this hella bizarre.

Edited by Ro plz

I like the ethereal vibe in kyo's vocals but all those synths and effects kinda ruin the track for me, especially in the percussion department. I'm all for experimentation but a more organic sound suits them far more. I mean, they're very capable musicians after all.

analog instruments are for grandpas, synths are the future of music

22 hours ago, Saishu said:

Love when a band has a fantastic drummer, then released music that makes it sound like they have no drummer. 

BTW this brought me a question - does Mika have pads on his drumkit to make those electronic noises live or he just plays the song "regularly" on his kit? I haven't seen any live footage of the Adoratio songs since they ooze electronic stuff so I dunno how they sound live. Maybe they use backing tracks or someone else like Takumi or even Kyo (I know he messes around with samplers live too) trigger those sounds live?