enyx

sukekiyo

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/170196951257/20180127-ハロウィン殺しの深闇の儀-first-will-come-a

2018.01.27 ハロウィン殺しの深闇の儀

01 piano intro
-session-
02 グニャ結論。そして血眼。
03 襞謳
04 scars like velvet
05 純朴、無垢であろうが
06 マニエリスムな冷たい葬列者
07 new song 💋
08 首吊り遊具
-session-
09 されど道連れ
10 要するに
-session-
11 艶
12 zephyr
13 黝いヒステリア
14 leather field
15 斑人間
16 死霊のアリアナ
17 dunes
18 vandal
19 anima
-session-
20 嬲り

Edited by Seelentau

On 1/27/2018 at 7:56 PM, Saishu said:

Guess they haven’t worked out how to recreate Giji Necromancer live yet. 

Nah, they have. They played it at some of the first ADORATIO lives as the opening song, saw it at the Rakkasuru Getsumen live back in June 

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/170948236587/20180216-sukekiyo-at-akasaka-blitz-jet-black

sukekiyo 二〇一八年公演「嬲り地獄」 -漆黒の儀-

setlist:
00 opening video
01 こうも違うモノなのか、要するに
-session-
02 グニャ結論。そして血眼。
03 襞謳
04 純朴、無垢であろうが
05 マニエリスムな冷たい葬列者
06 kisses
07 艶
08 首吊り遊具
-session-
09 されど道連れ
10 雨上がりの優詩
11 12時20分金輪際
12 'Furui nikki’ – cover of Wada Akiko’s song
13 耳ゾゾ
14 黝いヒステリア
15 斑人間
16 死霊のアリアナ
17 vandal
18 anima
-session-
19 嬲り
en01 leather field
en02 dunes
en03 zephyr

http://kyotakumrau.tumblr.com/post/170942647592/sukekiyo-announcements-after-main-set-1-super

: announcements after main set.

1. Super cool video with Yuchi and female model promoting the 4th collection (you can check it out at galaxy broad shop).

2. Maybe this year, but probably next year. They really want to release a song. Like even now. Tomorrow. But is it possible this year? They like the the new song ‘kisses’.(so we know that’s the next single but there’s no confirmed date ;))

3. The counterattack of torturous hell - pitch black ceremony-「逆襲の嬲り地獄」 -漆黒の儀- : two days at CLUB CITTA Kawasaki will be held on May 14th and 15th.

Some of the songs have simple hooks, others are quite complex. The hooks are still there; they're just buried for those who take the time to find them.

However, music doesn't necessarily have to be catchy to be good.

Everyone has personal preference. Maybe this band just isn't for you.

If you don't like it, don't listen.

5 hours ago, platy said:

sukekiyo's not supposed to be catchy. You missed the point of the band.

Ya i think that's why they are called a experimental group.... They are like Music scientists creating prototypes which may or may not appeal to all :P

4 hours ago, Saishu said:

I’d ignore that account to be honest. This is the first time I’ve seen them not post a “what’s [insert band here]’s heaviest album?”

It's just that i use this site and account only for asking recommendations and like to keep my requests as straight forward as possible (plus my English is bad) and i don't see anything wrong in that cuz if there's something i want to ask i don't think i will be the only human that will ever have that question I'm sure my requests will come handy to others,anyway i come across a lot of bands daily so checking out each is a big task and if there's a place where i can meet the people who already follow the respective band that i want to checkout why would i not use this place? What's wrong in that?

And you know i follow dir en grey and if somebody asks for its best album or songs to get into this band, I will seriously feel awesome to help them out and recommend stuff but by seeing your post i don't think everyone feels like me when recommending stuff,so I'll try to slow down.

5 hours ago, Seelentau said:

sukekiyo is definitely not the first band I'd go to if I want to listen to catchy tunes.

Well dir en grey sounds a lot catchy to me so i thought sukekiyo will too... My bad,though I'm gonna dig deeper, what if i somehow develops a taste to this non catchy stuff that would be cool.

11 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Some of the songs have simple hooks, others are quite complex. The hooks are still there; they're just buried for those who take the time to find them.

However, music doesn't necessarily have to be catchy to be good.

Everyone has personal preference. Maybe this band just isn't for you.

If you don't like it, don't listen.

Well music for me is either catchy or just dull and boring. Anyway I'm gonna dig deeper cuz it's kyo for fucks sake, the voice of the only Japanese band i sincerely follow.

sukekiyo does take a while to get used to. First time I listened to them when they debuted I thought it was the most depressing and boring thing ever. So keep coming back to it. 

kyo_official twitter 2018.10.05

sukekiyoの11月公演で一曲入りの未発表音源を発売しようと思ってます。無くなっても追加する予定は無いので、ご了承下され。余れば通販するかもしれないけど。ヨーロッパ行く前に仕上げたのだ。

At sukekiyo shows in November I want to sell a cd with a new song. Please acknowledge that even if it gets sold out we are not planning to release extra copies. If there’s anything left we might sell it at the galaxy shop. It was finished before going to Europe.

Kyo

by kyotaku

Damn, that CD will be a grail.

Can someone buy those at the door but not attending the shows (in case tickets are sold out)?

On 9/8/2018 at 7:13 AM, platy said:

sukekiyo does take a while to get used to. First time I listened to them when they debuted I thought it was the most depressing and boring thing ever. So keep coming back to it. 

They’re just a lot to deal with musically. I dare even say they’re not an accessible band. I personally have VERY hard time making it through their full albums but ANIMA and VITIUM are gold. Perfect length(s) without feeling hella overwhelmed after.

Edited by Ro plz

Somehow Kyo is my favorite thing about DEG and my least favorite thing about sukekiyo. He sounds fine when he’s singing normally but I really really really fucking hate the obnoxious fake screaming breathing/coughing/wheezing/whispering mouth sounds that he does that ruin half the music. I love his clean vocals and his actual harsh vocals but good god he makes some annoying noises in this band. It would be cool if it was once in a while but he uses that weird old man whisper yelling thing on damn near every song on Adoratio. I’ve never had a problem with his harsh vocals in DEG, in fact I love them. I just can’t stand the way he does them in this band. However I do have some hope for the future since Gerbera and that demo song from January both had traditional harsh vocals that didn’t sound like nails on a chalkboard.

Edited by Kelrya

kyo_official twitter 2018.10.31

sukekiyoリハスタート致しました。

2日あるところはメニューと演出を変える予定です。

あとBGMを無くし、その間、公演が始まる前はメンバーのインタビューを流そうと思ってます。全ての会場、全て別のインタビューを流す予定です。今回が終わればもうやらない曲も結構出るのかなと思っております。

sukekiyo started rehearsal.

When there are two days we will have a different menu (setlist?) and performance.

Also, there won’t be a BGM, at that time we will have a video of members interviews. For each venue there will a different interview. And I’m also thinking of playing lots of songs we usually don’t in case it’s the last time.

Kyo

by kyotaku

last time, huh