enyx

sukekiyo

i'd love if they'd ever add some bonus cd w/ demo versions of their songs to some upcoming release instead of just constantly throwing remixes at us t b h

7 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

Can we just talk about how this new audio and video collection is a game changer for all VK?

Seriously, I'm only on track 5, and it's the most interesting thing I've heard from these guys ever.

Same here, on every point. HOLY SHIT!!!  It's brilliant. Hopefully this will be a game changer for vk because I wouldn't mind more bands doing shit like this. 

I really like production and mastering on this, clonazepam-kei queens really invested into their sound quality.

I suppose the rest of 2017 will be flooded with pointless, going nowhere compositions (I can imagine The Black Swan hopping on this train as soon as their adoratio bootlegs arrive from Taiwan.)

純朴、無垢であろうが is cute, 白濁 is the only track I didn't end up skipping through.

would be an interesting experience to listen to this through sukekiyo stan ears, alas

Will need a few listens to process this as usual but - yes, 100% yes, what a great ride.

I was especially surprised at the more fun moments, who knew they had it in them? There are tracks that are so danceable here, it's fun thinking how they will play out live, given the tendency of sukekiyo audience to stay dead still as if under hypnosis. Will the pattern change? I know Kyo will be having the time of his life at least.

Let's also talk about how Yuchi's Rihanna cosplay was so out of place @those photoshoots

I enjoyed this album somewhat but I bet this will beat anything Dir en grey from now on unless Kaoru moves aside and some new songwriting magic will be involved from there on. Otherwise this is a decent 2017 release - not the best, but not the worst either really.

Edited by Alroy

Adoratio has been what I've been waiting for sukekiyo during his career. All his tracks are great for me. The only bad thing I see in it is the second disc. I hate collaborations. I want  change that concept. More remix like IMMORTALIS.

24 minutes ago, catborja said:

The only bad thing I see in it is the second disc. I hate collaborations.

I was looking forward to the collabs, particularly elizabeth addict. I was really hoping kyo's dumb out-of-place screeching in the middle would have been replaced, it's literally the only thing wrong with that song, but no, it was preserved. I'm curious to hear the collaboration version of mama, because ガラ, but other than that, I don't really care anymore lol.

This album is definitely gonna take time to digest properly. The production is great though, no matter how much is going on everything sounds really clear and balanced. Could be their best but time will tell.

Edit: love the drop in 首吊り遊具 too.

Edited by fieldsgrow

From the reception here, I cannot wait to get my copy. I'll wait for it to arrive before listening.

CDJapan just shipped it half an hour ago, so I imagine it'll be about a month before it arrives. 

Tried to relisten to that Disc 2 collab thing and I can tell you Yukiya still can't sing to save his life - he is even more off than Kirito was back in Immortalis lol. Barbee Boys and Vinyl collabs were sweet though.

I need to spin it more, I found it to be a very interesting album and it definitely needs you to take your time with it. I totally disregarded that disc 2 though, lmfao.