The name's Dyxanadu. I'm also known as Bardie.

I'm kinda new-ish to the visual kei scene, been a fan for about a couple of years now, but don't really consider myself an expert or anything. I just really like how the whole thing works, it's so crazy sometimes. Although most visual bands do look nice, I'm not in this just for the looks, I do care about the music too. As long as they sound good, then they're cool.

My first visual kei band was Megaromania, may they rest in peace. I also like MERRY, Moi dix Mois, Metis Gretel, Versailles, Dir en Grey, Lin -the end of corruption world-, KISAKI Project, etc. As of recently, I've started listening to bands such as Phantasmagoria and X JAPAN. I like some oldies too, such as Da'vid Shito:AL and Malice Mizer. I tend to listen to indie bands more, yet I'm also now trying out mainstream bands as well.

I have a growing collection of VK items such as photosets, chekis, and magazines mostly purchased from people selling them on Tumblr. *_* I haven't attended a single VK concert, which depresses me, and I want to learn Japanese, partially to be a bit closer to the VK bands I like, to know what they're saying. ;w; After all, I've been very interested in Japanese culture for as long as I can remember.

I've been on this forum on and off when randomly googling something, but now, I've been actually acknowledging it, and I think this may be a good place where I could make some VK friends. This seems like a nice place I guess, haven't been on a forum in a very long time. I'd like to know more people who are into visual kei, and just visual kei in general. I hope I have a good time here. ♥

xoxo

Dyxanadu 

First of all: welcome on MH ! :)

Many VK bands went to the US to give concerts, I'm sure you'll be attend by one next time ^^

Also, because you like to make some VK friends here, I'd recommend you to jump in the MH chat sometimes to have a chit-chat :'D

Ah, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask anyone with a blue or red name~ :) We'd be glad to help you!

Welcome to MH! :) I see you've started with bands that have a kind of similar sound (I do that too haha), and I think you'll find many new bands to suit your taste while exploring MH! I really hope you'll have the chance to go to a vk concert someday, just be patient and don't give up hope! :3

Hey there, welcome to MH!! :D I like those bands too, especially Megaromania, Dir en grey, Lin and Phantasmagoria *__*

Btw enjoy your time in here! :3

Welcome to MH!  I was gonna say, 62 posts for someone brand new!  Wow!  :D  Then I looked again and saw you said you had been here off an on for a while!

I think MH is one of the best forums I've found.  I've messed with others like Sputnik Music and Harmony Central, you know, ones that are less genre specific, and they tend to be filled with trash-talking with no moderation.  MH is much more fun to be in and well-run.  I think you'll like it!