Bear

New retro wave/retro electro/synthwave

Yeah, he's very cool and the song is amazing. I believe it's Mitch Murder who's behind the music on the track, and it's quite obviously the theme for King Fury which I think might become a fun film.

That Carpenter-video was cool too. Great atmosphere and very fitting.

Magic Sword, guys. This group is highly recommended. The name might seem weird for an electronica group like this, but it really suits their fantasy-esque and dream-like music. Massive stuff!

https://magic-sword.bandcamp.com/

They've also contrubiated to the soundtrack of Hotline Miami 2, which is awesome.

Not sure if any of you guys are familiar with GUNSHIP. It's the side project of two of the members of Fightstar. They've only release two tracks so far but they're supposed to have an album coming out some time this year. I've both of them in plug.dj before so some of you might have heard them there already.

Fuck, I am jelly you bastard. Do you know if he's gonna actually play at this gig or just DJ? He was only DJing in the begining, but he's begun to "play" (or what the fuck you call it) in recent times. Anyway, I'm mad jelly no matter how he'll perform.

^ I dunno about the specifics, but from random live vids he seems to be doing some laptop wizardry plus occasional synth I guess (?). The opening act is Lazerpunk btw, Hungary's only (as far as I know) act in this retro-synth style, should b pretty cool.

Perturbator was insaaaaane! He brought the house down (or the ship if we wanna get technical xD), total retro-future club bangin' for an hour. :D He looked like he was doing lots of stuff too, tho from my viewpoint I couldn't really see the specific equipment. Anyway, he was really concentrating and always turning knobs and pushing buttons while looking #seriousasfuck and #evilasfuck. Background projection was pretty sweet too. Also shout out to our very own Lazerpunk, his warm-up show was cool too! (he has more of a retro video game / B-movie aesthetic)

2ypdqpl.jpg

Next up: September 12, Carpenter Brut live!!

It's surprising they didn't try to team up Perturbator, Carpenter Brut and Gost. They'd fit very well together. Anyway, I am jelly as fuck! On you seeing both bands. Fuck you! Interesting how one of Perturbator's first concerts were at a black metal festival. Evil synth music for the win!

Fuck you for getting Carpenter Brut as well.

LOL, I just read he (Perturbator) apparently played at this year's Brutal Assault too, that must've been something! :D Tho I can see how the subcultures might overlap in mutual interests, which is pretty cool. :)

And yeah, Gost would be pretty rad too!

Yeah, it's cool as fuck. People always moan about how close minded metal fans are, and especially black metal fans, and yet you can throw in a band like Perturbator in a black metal festival to massive amount of applause. It was a well-recived booking among the people who went to the festival.

The line up was this:

Urfaust (hol)

Svartidauði (ice)

Drowned (ger)

Misþyrming (ice)

Cult Of Fire (cze)

One Tail, One Head (nidaros)

Clandestine Blaze (fin)

Mgła (pol)

Negative Plane (usa)

Pseudogod (rus)

Mare feat. Lamia Vox (nidaros/rus)

Archgoat (fin)

Antaeus (fra)

Nyogthaeblisz (usa)

Nightbringer (usa)

Bölzer (ch)

Dark Sonority feat. Kaosritual (nidaros)

Perturbator (fra)

The Ruins Of Beverast (ger)

Lvcifyre (uk)

Aosoth (fra)

Sinmara (ice)

Some cool acts I randomly came upon recently, incidentally most of them at Giallo Disco Records:

Vercetti Technicolor - a bit more '70s inspired (than '80s) I guess, still pretty cool moody spooky stuff

Alessandro Parisi - eerie and minimalistic and awesome as fuq

Antoni Maiovvi & Umberto (Law Unit) - quite menacing with an almost old-school industrial vibe

Not familiar with Alessandro Paris as far as i know, but Umberto is great, Vercetti Technicolor better and  Antoni Maiovvi is nothing short of a genius. His soundtrack for the amazing neo-giallo short Yellow is breathtaking.

That's five out of the seven tracks on the EP. It's stunning. A real masterpiece!

You should! I am a proud owner of the film on both DVD and VHS, as well as the soundtrack. Immense stuff! Stylish neo-giallo masterpiece with a phenomenal soundtrack. Haunt down both the film and soundtrack. I doubt you'll regret it.

Also, check out Slasher Dave of Acid Witch fame's solo project Slasher Dave. Fantastic horror synth that'll take you back to the 70's and 80's. He's made some soundtracks before (or been involved in some soundtracks). Check Slasher Dave on imdb for more info on that), but he released his first soundtrack as Slasher Dave recently, to a horror comedy called Chubbies. Fantastic soundtrack as everything he's done.

You'll find all four os his Slasher Dave releases HERE, as well as other cool stuff. It's really, really good!

Perturbator ALBUM #4 IS TITLED ...

"The Uncanny Valley"

Definition -

The uncanny valley is a phenomenon in robotics engineering whereby a humanoid robot bearing a near-identical [but not perfect] resemblance to a human causes a response of revulsion among the observer. The "valley" refers to a dip in the graph of comfort level as humanoid subjects move toward a healthy, natural human likeness.

The album is fully recorded, mixed, mastered, and finished. Artwork is currently underway, and we expect a release in late 2015 / early 2016.

Cool! Looking forward to this.

https://giallodiscorecords.bandcamp.com/music

Giallo Disco is easily one of the coolest labels around in 2015. It's the label of Antoni Maiovvi and Vercetti Technicolor, both who's known to fans of this style of music, so make sure you check this out. There's plenty of fantastic releases to check out on this label.

My 5 must-haves on this label:

Garofano Rosso - Garofano Rosso

Vercetti Technicolor - Bay Of Blood

DKMD  - Sacrificio

Vercetti Technicolor  - Black September

Volkan Akaalp - Baskin OST

But if you're a fan of this music you should just do yourself a favour and check out everything.

Vercetti Technicolor is indeed awesome! Love all his stuff (that I've heard so far). :) Bay of Blood, Olympic Sequences, Black September - this is my order of preference I guess.

Not sure how familiar you are with the rest of their catalogue, but if you like one of the releases on this label you should check out everything because the label specialize on a special kind of sound - dark, pulsating, horror disco. Imaginary horror film soundtracks. And all the artists have that kind of sound. Everything fits their vision. They don't jump on trends or sign promising artists just to get someone possibly big on their label, they just sign bands that fit in with their vision. So far at least. Gotta love that.

Yeah, I sampled some of the stuff, nice consistent mood. :) None of the others really grabbed me tho, but maybe I'll try the Baskin OST, that seems like a nice listen.

This one too is amazing, abeit a bit different:

Great stuff. These soundtraks are so good you don't even ahve to watch the films to understand what kind of films they are.