sai

The "CDs you definitely would not recommend anyone to buy, ever"-thread

I was talking about this with Pretsy and Zess the other day, and Pretsy suggested this subject should have its own thread, so here it is. The main question is; what CDs are so particularly bad (and basically assumed as awful by a majority of fans) that you would basically recommend people NOT to buy, like absolutely never ever, even if it were the last CD in the world.

This thread isn't limited to Japanese music by the way, just to keep it broad. What CDs are so bad that you'd prefer that they were to be removed from every music purchasing site on the entire internet, what albums should never ever have been printed to disc?

NOTE: IF YOU ARE OFFENDED EASILY THIS THREAD IS PROBABLY NOT FOR YOU. GO CLICK ON THE PICTURE OF JUPITER ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO FIND A MORE SUITABLE THREAD TO READ.

Opinions differ, but keep it civilized. For the rest, let go of all your frustations about those albums that you listened to, would like to collect all copies of on a deserted island and then nuke said island. That's just how bad it is.

Not Japanese, and not that anyone on this forum would buy it, but Tigertailz's "Bezerk" album.

I like their debut album "Young and Crazy", but then they changed singers and made this piece of shit:

I'm amazed that there are actually people in the world that like that song.

^ guilty as charged.

Metallica's 'Garage Inc', and basically their entire post-thrash discography. Only the first three albums are recommended. 

Slayer's 'World Painted Blood', just no.

Basically a ton of thrash albums of pioneer-bands that are post the year 2000.

^ guilty as charged.

Metallica's 'Garage Inc', and basically their entire post-thrash discography. Only the first three albums are recommended. 

Basically a ton of thrash albums of pioneer-bands that are post the year 2000.

Except I wouldn't really classify Master of Puppets nor ...And Justice for All thrash metal. With the exception of Battery, Disposable Heroes, and Damage Inc, the album falls in the realms of heavy metal rather than thrash. (Yes, I am aware that you mentioned the first three, but I got what you meant.)

Uh, that's a weird thing to say as both Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All is thrash metal. Awful albums btw.

Uh, that's a weird thing to say as both Master of Puppets and ...And Justice for All is thrash metal. Awful albums btw.

MoP sounds like they spent too much time trying to be polyrhythmic and not enough time writing melodies that flow together. The only decent Metallica album for me is Ride the Lightning.

I think Master of Puppets is way too stiff, controlled and mature, and I don't think there's a single decent riff there either. I prefer my thrash more energic and wild, and with less polished production. As far as Metallica goes I'm all about Kill 'em All and No Life til Leather. And no thrash metal album should have a ballad. Ballads is the opposite of what thrash metal is all about to me.

Mejibray in general sorry not sorry.

YEahhhhh.... Theyre pretty but I was just not feeling it tbh

I miss VanessA like whoa.

One that a lot people liked but I most definitely did not was The Bones of What You Believe by Chvrches from last year. Without the vocals it's 2010's synth pop so bland that it passes as elevator muzak and while that's all fine as bar background music, what makes it especially infuriating are the vocals and lyrics. "We Sink" has to be the corniest song ever and the douche chills I got from it were just off the charts. Their formula of generic synth background noise and insipid lyrics is not something I did not expected to get so popular, especially today with the abundance of similar stuff to go hypin' about'. 

In 2014 hearing the Mother We Share somewhere doesn't bother me since it's actually kind of alright, but "We Sink" is the only song so far that has made us stop dancing and change the club. However the worst thing is that if the singer was ugly a considerably fewer amount of people would give a toss. I have seen Visual Kei PV's on youtube with less comments about the singers appearance than in Chvrches videos. 

Alas it's not the worst CD ever, but this topic is horribly broad and this was the first one that came to mind that goes beyond the average CD that I dislike. If one had 15 bux to spare and had the urgin' for some synth pop to party to, I'd just buy the second Grimes album or anything else fitting the criteria for that matter.

Just that one though? I mean Diabolus in Musica and Christ Illusion come on... Or just all Slayer after South of Heaven :lolita_blink:

SADIE's Madrigal De Maria

Crossfaith's recent album

the GazettE's TOXIC

Sad to say this but A lot of Utada Hikaru's music (other than DISTANCE, and DEEP RIVER)

Anything from Kisaski's company or single/album CD types A, B, C, D, E, F, G or whatever alphabet version number decimal to the square root power with 1 different song on each.

This, basically.

idk how i missed that crossfaith post. but this is much agree.

Since this isn't limited to Japanese music: most CD's related to Christian pop music, rock, or metal ever created, I would never recommend ever. Sorry if that offends Christians on here, but seriously a lot of it is mediocre at best. 

One CD in particular I had the misfortune of obtaining was a self-titled from a Christian punk/hardcore band called Headnoise. Female vocalist, had an "old school" sound, and the most cringeworthy, half-assed, sometimes even preachy Christian-themed lyrics. Even when I considered myself a supporter of Christian music, I thought this was crap. It's not even fun to listen to ironically. Just . . .no.

I'd listen to the most grating of visual kei indies any day than that bullshit or anything similar to it. 

K-Pop. Every artist, single, album, song. Because it's so commercial it gets lame. I know it's kinda hypocrite saying this while being a vk fan, but come on, vk is not that commercial when compared to k-pop. It's all auto tune and almost no actual instruments at all.  I don't think they deserve our money. 

Practically all of American mainstream pop/rock/punk/rap. But I would hope that's a given. Also Girugamesh's Go.

Girugamesh's Go [2]

GazettE - Hyena Limited Edition.

Both tracks on the single are on their Stacked Rubbish album and the PV on the DVD is included in their film bug 2 release. It's an obsolete release and worth a lot less than what people are selling it for. It's only value lies in the artwork and that alone is definitely not worth the money.

Dir en Grey - Agitated Screams of Maggots

Their live tracks are usually boring and the A-side mixing on the single is the same as on the Marrow of a Bone album. If you like the live tracks this could be worth the investment. Otherwise, it's pretty obsolete.