Sign in to follow this  
blackdoll

グリーヴァ (Grieva)

10151826_621240971303860_818510391648373

At first i hated them for giving up on reload, and just used them for their reload-ish songs like dead end. Then i herd the shuuen samples and they seem pretty modern to me which made me go back to their other stuff i skipped and noticed there is modern vk in there. but idk what is old school? anyway I'm liking them because they are fun with the instrumental and have a great vocalist(love him). I like them for them not because they are doing old school. I like the way the fuse both schools, and even though they recycle riffs its not annoying. Also think they are better than those old people they copying, making that fact nothing. they are my non official #2

looks i don't pay attention to with them, but kyouki should work on his lip singing. oh yeah he can look funny dancing/acting too. he should also pay attention to his hair more because it can make him look not so good.

oh yeah i think they would do a better job than diru at current/later diru too (abyss)

edit: Changed the pic because they are modern and look badass ;)

Yayyy Grieva, they're one of my favorites from the newer bands~ :)

I was a bit skeptical at first when hearing Dead[en]D but then came the fun stuff and I was completely sold. :D I love how they evoke that turn-of-the-century DEG-and-related-acts style while having a nice modern production at the same time. They also seemed to be moving away from those direct references on their last album, which was quite a big beast -- more consistent in atmosphere imo, but less standout tracks than the 1st one.

They look like they make quite a live show, so hopefully they'll tour overseas sometime too (or just release more live material, heh).

They look like they make quite a live show, so hopefully they'll tour overseas sometime too (or just release more live material, heh).

hey little playback too and the other members can scream and growl too

nevermind its standard

Edited by blackdoll

My japanese is more than poor, but read this on GIREVA's twitter account:

なごやおつかれー。誕生日のきょーきさんとつーしょ。 緋雨

Is today or was Kyouki's birthday recently?

My japanese is more than poor, but read this on GIREVA's twitter account:

なごやおつかれー。誕生日のきょーきさんとつーしょ。 緋雨

Is today or was Kyouki's birthday recently?

^it was today, April 25th ^__^

i wish kyouki was hot so i could claim him as an avatar, i feel great with his voice but not body.

i wish kyouki was hot so i could claim him as an avatar, i feel great with his voice but not body.

i feel ya, man ;_; that awful feeling when someone is so fugly you cant even use his photo as an avatar D;

i feel ya, man ;_; that awful feeling when someone is so fugly you cant even use his photo as an avatar D;

he doesnt look bad in 甘イ右脳、赭イ左脳。 and in some pictures. he just need to be more careful with his make up and hair, know what looks good. Still even if he did that i dont know if he can be really hot. right know my avatars are #1 Yuuki then karma. I'm scouting kuina (royz), ichiro (Lycaon), and ran (xepher). and By avatar i mean someone i could see myself as.

I don't care about Kyouki's handsomeness/ugliness. I only care about him and the band to make the music I like and that they have been making as the base concept of the band.

I have to say their last album finally started growing on me. At first I found it to be rather weak compared to the first (which wasn't really that individual). It defenitely takes some time to grow on you. I am really glad, that there were more songs with a personal note rather than another bunch of direct Diru imitations. Their songwriting still lacks some independence. Like many people have said, many of their songs sound wa too similiar.

I hope Grieva follow this path though and experiment more, without loosing the elements that make their music nostalgic and charming.

Also it may just be me, but i love the look of their last PV. It reminds me of the stuff La'Mule were doing, just with black splatter instead of red one. I am not so fond of their recent look, but the single may be turning out wondrful and that's what matters more.

fav songs and ones you dislike? also ones you love and hate?

Diary is probably first place, second is Reload.

I usually put them on in a certain mood, and let the albums play, but those two are really good for me to listen to on their own, so they get the most play, I am more attracted to catchy songs with lots of hooks when I am going through my library.

Diary is probably first place, second is Reload.

I usually put them on in a certain mood, and let the albums play, but those two are really good for me to listen to on their own, so they get the most play, I am more attracted to catchy songs with lots of hooks when I am going through my library.

I've never herd the song reload.

I've never herd the song reload.

Oh whoops, haha, I meant Deadend, Reload as you probably know was the name of the old band, dunno how I mixed that up.

Oh whoops, haha, I meant Deadend, Reload as you probably know was the name of the old band, dunno how I mixed that up.

Ah i thought so. well we are in a agreement those are some of the songs i come back. I think of reload though as early grieva since some parts have the same sound in the riffs.

These are some of my favorites:

退廃的狂葬

刑法第39条第1項「心神喪失者ノ行為ハ之ヲ罰セス」

解離性同一性障害

鬼経-kikei-

毒-ドク-

現実は心に蔓延る絶痛と叶わぬ理想の巣窟

罪-tsumi-

十字架ニ捧グ赤イ×××

Lost tears

alkaloid

Badass Grieva! I love them, especially the song Wish , and i am looking forward to their next two releases, hoping that they will be good  :-D

I love all em but Dead[en]D, 侵喰-shinsyoku-, amai unou akai sanou, 刑法第39条第1項「心神喪失者ノ行為ハ之ヲ罰セス」, doku, 悦楽的自虐妄想癖な僕の事情, Diary, 罪-tsumi-, another pain, kuro no jubaku, 罰-batsu-, keppekishou no boku, alkaloid, taihaiteki kyousou, kodokuningyou shoukougun, Kairi Seidou Itsusei Shougai, Kikei, Saigo no bansan, and  Genkai Haretsu  (hide Cover) (way better than the orig and other covers) are my go to's.

problems with them: kyouki cant bring me to tears with his voice, i cant remember the lyrics like i do with lycaon or did with avelcain. I cant remember the other one 

Sign in to follow this