Sign in to follow this  
blackdoll

グリーヴァ (Grieva)

I really liked this one, unlike Liar. Great energy and some fun crazy bits. Nothing too memorable but this is good enough for me.

I actually went back and re-listened to Liar as well, and now I can appreciate it a bit more too.

Kyouki's voice sounds really ragged in this release. He's got the raspy yell-sing thing going on and I fear for his health if he's going to record music like that. But overall I liked the single. Happy Birthday NEW Mother Fucker's sing-talk reprise that the band does reminds me a LOT of ISABELLE (which is a good thing).

there's some new elements in this single,the crazy beats,some voice effects...

is the usual Grieva,what a expected and good enough for me.

i wish success for them

Idk why Kyouki is so hoarse and raspy in this release but I like it. It gives their music a nice edge. I just hope it isn't health-related.

Clever Sleazoid is one of my fave Diru songs so I was pretty happy with 失明, lol.

I think the raspy thing is potentially a symptom of the way he sings/screams and how consistent their releases and lives have been. It's got to take a toll on your voice, especially if you're not using it correctly. And it's not like they can dedicate a solid amount of time to recording a few songs at a time, so they just have to deal with it. Of course this is entirely conjecture, but I guess we'll see if it translates over into their future releases or not.

IN MEMORIAM 

I will first and foremost remember Grieva from two things: Their 妄想主義者ノ背徳。 mini from 2015 and their track for the AINS VA.

That mini I don't think has their strongest singular tracks or anything like that, but I think as a whole it's the strongest with unique songs and perfect length. In a way it also condenses their whole thing well, having those brief flashes of their own intensity ( I thought they were always a more furious band that was held back by the times they tried to 90's melody their way to a hit ) marred with liberal amounts of IP theft, albeit in a far more subtler way than on their first album for example, which I haven't really warmed up to. Second album was a little filler heavy and by the third I was a little like "whatever. "

The AINS VA track is awesome, and their madeth inspired look for it is even better. In fact I think the AINS VA is one of the better vk releases of the past 5 years.

no matter what happens to ains (minus diaura) they better go down in history for having that LEGENDARY OA

They are my go-to go band whenever I'm feeling the itch to headbang.

Easily one of the Grooviest metal band I've ever come across, Love em!

Just realized "Oni to kage" was released 6 years ago (actually almost to the day, it was 13th Feb) and got all nostalgic. I love these guys so much still. ;w; I remember all the excitement while waiting for the CD to come in the mail and then getting to rock out to it while browsing the booklet. Granted, it's kinda just a glorified GAUZE tribute album, but that could never turn me off of it, haha. 解離性同一性障害 is one of my eternal jams.

I just came to say that I like all Grieva not-screamed songs and that Grieva wasn't a Dir En Grey copy band nor was influenced in any way by them. Moreover, no band has ever been influenced by Dir En Grey. You people must admit it right away. Period. 

Sign in to follow this