NBC-Hannibal-About-Cast-1920x1080-1.jpg

Hannibal is an American psychological thriller–horror television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy. The series received a 13-episode order for its first season and, unlike most U.S. network shows, any future seasons will also feature 13 episodes.[1] David Slade executive produced and directed the first episode. The series premiered on NBC on April 4, 2013.[2] On May 30, 2013, Hannibal was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes,[3] which premiered on February 28, 2014.[4]

The series has received critical acclaim, with the performances of the lead actors and the visual style of the show being singled out by critics.[5][6][7]

Does anybody here watch Hannibal? 'Twas one of my favorite shows from last year and I'm glad it wasn't cancelled due to low-ish ratings and NBC being a huge suckfest lol. It is in it's second season now and shit is getting really real since last episode. The show has some of the best visuals on T.V. right now and it's kinda doing the charismatic serial killer thing right given how often it's done wrong (Dexter (I never want to speak of that final season again) and The Following immediately come to mind)

R.I.P. Chilton, you were my fav. Though I'm taking bets on him being like a cockroach and surviving the shot. Raúl Esparza is excellent in that role. Most of the cast has been great though Mads, Hugh, Lawrence Fishbourne (Gina Torres the few times she's been on), Eddie Izzard, Gillian Anderson (please leave Crisis and come back)...it's really a great ensemble. 

I'm really hating Alana's characterization though. I can understand everyone else's stances in regards to Hannibal and whether he is or isn't the Ripper but I don't understand why she is soooo assuredly in the camp of Hannibal being innocent (not even touching the sleeping with him, which again why?). And given now that Beverly is dead and all the other awesome female characters are mostly M.I.A. at the moment it's a bit upsetting.

I would be worried that the show is veering a little into all-powerful villain and unbelievably stupid cops territory a bit given the last episodes events but I think it's almost assured that Hannibal will be caught by the end of this season so it will hopefully never get to the levels of the aforementioned horrible shows.

I've heard about it, but never checked it out... I'm a fan of the Hannibal movies and I especially loved Red Dragon, So I might just give this a chance if i get some time.

If you expect a series in the line of any of the Hannibal fils you'll be disappointed. They're based off the same characters, but that's it really.

This series is just awful. Hugh Dancy and Hettienne Park is the worst actors I've ever seen on any film or TV-series. They're so bad. The dialogue is really poor, and the psychologial game doesn't work one bit. It has a good Mads Mikkelsen, but he doesn't get much to work with. The blood and gore is nice, the food looks excellent and it's at times very good visually. BUt that's it really. The rest is so bad.

This is easily among the worst series I've ever watched.

If you expect a series in the line of any of the Hannibal fils you'll be disappointed. They're based off the same characters, but that's it really.

This series is just awful. Hugh Dancy and Hettienne Park is the worst actors I've ever seen on any film or TV-series. They're so bad. The dialogue is really poor, and the psychologial game doesn't work one bit. It has a good Mads Mikkelsen, but he doesn't get much to work with. The blood and gore is nice, the food looks excellent and it's at times very good visually. BUt that's it really. The rest is so bad.

Well, tastes are different I guess, because I can't really agree with you. It is right, that Fuller changed the story so drstically it might come off as a Fanfic to the books, but if you manage to see the series as being it's very own reinterpretation of the franchise, then it should be more enjoyable. But then I was never a fan of the movies and think that Mads' Hannibal is way better and more convincing than Hopkins'.

About Hugh Dancy: I think he acts really good. Most of the acting in the series is rather subtle, as the setting is generally very calm (which is quite surprising for a thriller). It seems the expression of their faces, the body language and symbolism has more weight in this series than in others (which are also more action oriented). And I love the dialogues. Even if they come off as super poetic and wannabe deep. But i love it when poetry, philosophy and references to the canon (here the books) are woven into the dialogues.

Not saying you are wrong. I can understand where you are coming from as this series clearly isn't everyone's  cup of tea and I guess it can be really hard for many people to like it (which is proven by it's status as niche series and the low ratings).

Yup, going to have to respectfully disagree as well. I will give you that I do think the visual's are superior to the dialogue but I don't think the acting is bad at all. Like Ikna I prefer Mads to Hopkins as Hannibal, although I love Hopkins, I think Mads portrayal of Hannibal is more well-rounded. I would say Hettienne didn't particularly leave a mark on me with her acting especially in comparison to the others I mentioned but Hugh I do think is quite good in his role. I don't think the dialogue is poor but I will say that it can be a bit much every now and then. No show is perfect, so of course there are things I think can be worked on but It's a very very far cry from even being a bad show for me. 

Well, tastes are different I guess, because I can't really agree with you. It is right, that Fuller changed the story so drstically it might come off as a Fanfic to the books, but if you manage to see the series as being it's very own reinterpretation of the franchise, then it should be more enjoyable. But then I was never a fan of the movies and think that Mads' Hannibal is way better and more convincing than Hopkins'.

Most of the acting in the series is rather subtle, as the setting is generally very calm (which is quite surprising for a thriller). It seems the expression of their faces, the body language and symbolism has more weight in this series than in others (which are also more action oriented).

Yes, I think given some of the circumstances (licensing, schedules etc.) they've done a good job of re-interpreting the story in their way. Not to mention there have been some nice callbacks and twisting of the source materials that I think are pretty neat.

I also agree so much on the acting in this series. It is subtle and I find so much more in their facial expression and body language than the dialogue. I think a lot of focus may be on Hugh and Mads as the leads but I really think Fishbourne is killing it, no matter how one feels about his character actions, I think he portrays Crawford with the appropriate nuance and the last few episodes he's expressed a shit ton without saying a thing. 

Yup, going to have to respectfully disagree as well. I will give you that I do think the visual's are superior to the dialogue but I don't think the acting is bad at all. Like Ikna I prefer Mads to Hopkins as Hannibal, although I love Hopkins, I think Mads portrayal of Hannibal is more well-rounded.

I think you also have to take into account that Mads has gotten about 2 seasons of material of screentime as where Hopkins had 2 movies, one of which he spent most of his screentime in a cell and his only form of interaction with the outside world was through Clarice Starling. Silence of the Lambs showed his more human side along with his intellect, Mads portrays a more manipulative character, which has a possibility to be more well-rounded also because he has more time to do so. I respect your opinion of course, it's just that this is the first time I've heard someone say they prefer Mads! I always preferred Hopkins, merely because he gave me the creeps from the first scene on, unlike Mads. I mean, that opening scene in Silence of the Lambs in his first meeting with Starling, how he just stood there in an elegant position with a smile on his face...really unnerving. Mads hasn't been able to give me that feeling yet, sadly.

I'm not that big a fan of the show considering it's not really that closely related to the novels. I'm sort of scared what will happen when Fuller decides to bring Clarice into the show (though he can't atm as he doesn't have the rights for her character), because she's absolutely one of my favourite female characters from a lot of movies and shows I've seen (Jodie Foster's version of course, wasn't too big on Julianne Moore in the role).

On another note, this show has hilarious fanvideos:

NEVER AGAIN WILL

Haha, yeah the fandom is pretty crazy and funny. :D
But I also laugh at some of the official commercials, mainly the bizarre korean one here:

Still figuring out on which kind of drugs the makers of this have been.

KOREAN PROMOS ARE WHAT I LIVE FOR JESUS CHRIST. /no but seriously they make me laugh so hard omg

Another favourite of mine:

I love this show. It's one of my favorite TV series right now. I loved the 1st season and was glad it came back for a 2nd season and didn't get cancelled. I have never read the Hannibal novels so I can't compare the quality or continuity of the Tv series to the books, but as a stand alone show I  love it.

Love the acting by the 3 lead males, the script, character development, symbolism, dialogue and the gory yet creative crime scenes.

hannibal-nbc-hugh-dancy-laurence-fishbur

rtm7p1.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-13%20at%2012.39.

hannibal-death.jpg

hannibal_107.jpeg

The cinematography is definitely one of the best things about the series and the avante gardesque musical score is also pretty sweet. It's not a perfect show, and does have it's flaws, but I feel they're minor and it would be nitpicking to pass of the series as bad because of those flaws and not give credit to all the excellent material the show does have and executes so well.

I have seen silence of the lambs and I must I agree I prefer Mads over Hopkins as Hannibal. They're portrayals are both good, but I prefer Mads as his character has had so much more time to develop and for the viewer to get to know him. Mads has had 13+ hours over hopkins 2 1/2 hours to showcase the depth, evolution and character of Hannibal. It's one of the advantages a TV series has over movies. There so much more that can be done with a character over period of time than a 2 hour film can. 

I haven't missed an episode of this show and I don't plan to. It's consistently great and leaves the viewer wanting more. Good to see there are others who enjoy this show. There aren't many people I know who are into the show. 

This series also has an epic opening scene for it's 1st episode of its 2nd season. A fight to the death between Mads and Laurence fishburne's character. I can't wait to see how the events unravel to lead up to this and to get to see the conclusion to the fight.

Hannibal vs Morpheus

Anyone seen the season finale yet? Basically:

tumblr_n629grDZnm1r48jx6o1_500.png

Also:

tumblr_n626gfGMU91sv4l84o1_500.png

Didn't he want to kill her like 10 episodes ago why is she on a plane to Paris with him idfgi. WHAT IS UP WITH BEDELIA DU MAURIER I CAN'T FIGURE HER OUT FOR A LIFETIME.

So Hannibal basically attempted to murder Abigail (again), Will, Jack and Alana. I'm kind of curious who will make it out alive. Probably Will since he can't die just yet, and Jack probably will make it too. Not too sure about Abigail and Alana though because Fuller has a tendency to kill off all the women in his show.

yeah i was afraid that finale will be boring like last few episodes were and with some silly outcome but i really enjoyed it. i just hope we'll get a good explanation of eveything happened in this episode. hate it when season finale gives more questions than answers.

Yesss thats what wil gets for being filthy fake ass friend. I was so happy that he killed him twice by killing abby. got all those bitches. Though i was too distracted by Hannibal wining that i didn't fully enjoy the last part. The part i didn't get was why was he at that ladies house to kill her if she was on his team the whole time?

Its a shame that it is like the only ep with blood/killing

^same, really excited! the s2 finale was the death of me -like every fannibal I guess ;;- (but no, I don't want to watch the damn teaser, I don't want to watch any damn teaser from any series, I love/want to be surprised and to fall off my chair). This is how I love my tv series.

I'm still pissed that the s3 was pushed away to late spring. :(((

I'm still pissed that the s3 was pushed away to late spring. :(((

i wish. the teaser actually says "this summer" :/

I like i like, this really makes me wish pussy will was dead. but ughh he could have fucked the guy before he killed him, dick.

so second episode has shed some light on things that many people (including me) were butthurting since season 2 finale. pretty good start for a season, even though i really hope they will manage to finish the show this year. i mean it was obvious from the end of first season that 3 will be just perfect length for Hannibal, otherwise the show will become repetitive and lack of originality is also expected. this or the creators should have some really good ideas up in their sleeves. and by "really good ideas" i definitely don't mean killing Hannibal Lecter and make Will Graham new Hannibal. way too trivial.

i cant look at will without thinking about daredevil, anyway hope his balls drop this season

i like the ending line of 3,3

Apperantly NBC has cancelled the show, so this will be the last season. The rights to the character Clarice might have been the cause of it.

source: http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58723805?ref_=hm_nw_tp2

So far season 3 has been a dissappointment to me, not near as tense and compelling as the s1 and 2. I am hopefull though it will get better.