Sign in to follow this  
Karma’s Hat

Miyavi - What's my name

even if you LOVE the album i swear you wont listen to this again in thre months cause youre fed up with this style of music

And you know this how? Care to explain how you know someone won't listen to it in three months?

Best comment I've seen in a while. :lol:

He traveled into the future and tracked your listening habits.

He is a She cause i am shanaynays sister and yes i got that machine i traveled into the future and i saw you biting into an hamburger with a pubic hair innit.

He is a She cause i am shanaynays sister and yes i got that machine i traveled into the future and i saw you biting into an hamburger with a pubic hair innit.

6JJIp.gif

Not doing a song-by-song review (too tired, lol) but I gotta admit the new album is pretty badass. I was a bit afraid after reading some reactions, but Meev didn't let me down. :) Yeah, there's some weird/sloppy/uninspired stuff, but for that there's also an equal amount of amazing songs! I love the whole gritty/earthy sound and atmosphere of the album, how the guitar and the rhythm-play is at the forefront.

Standout tracks for me (besides the already known ones): I LOVE YOU,...; MOON; SHELTER; FUTURISTIC LOVE.

This release gets a strong 7/10 from me. Gonna listen to this one tons more!!!

very interestin thing this album, personally i'm really a fan of this trashy minimalistic sound-concept, stands out against lots of vk-overproduciness...

01. whats my name:

great guitar, cool funk-feeling, unfortunately quite ridiculous pseudo-rap vocals, could've been better.

06/10

02. Torture:

single was awesome, on album still is, could perhaps use another part/bridge, but fortunately is only 3mins, so it fits just right.

09/10

03. A-ha

starts promising, cool beat and nice guitar. but gets incredibly boring with the tempochange, should have introduced another riff here, or just make it a 2min filler-song..

04/10

04. chillin..

urg, a cd-master is not a place for some drunk/stoned/tired jam-session

--/10

05. love you/hate you

sort of the indierock-song on the album. nothing special, but nice for listening to on the fly.

might have profited of a "real" production with tons of guitars, synths, choirs, unicorns etc. but then of course wouldn't have fitted on the cd, so it's ok.

07/10

06. moon

does interesting stuff with his guitar, but somehow it doesn't really progress into a song, sounds like an endless (though cool) intro.

04/10

07. gravity

this song has received a lot of hate and i understand why. almost 6minutes and not much happening, but on this ballad i think this concept works quite well, if you listen to the complete song on a tired morning in the subway, or when tired/moody in general it really works as a whole with an epic buildup of emotion (whichever). one of the highlights for me.

10/10

08. universe

again really good start/interesting riff, but then just nothing. disappointing.

02/10

09. unbreakable

distorted drums, rawr! drum-beat, awesome! nu-metal-riff, cool. vocals, ok. song progression, poor. overall

07/10

10. shelter

hello there 90s rock. nice to listen to, but nothing outstanding, once more only two parts and to long for that (even if it's only 3:17, and is that a producer/cutter mistake at 2:48? rhythm seems completely of, perhaps is only the rip...)

06/10

11. super hero

a few more vocal-takes or a little autotune might have been appropriate here. apart from that one more funkrock-song on the album, but one of the better ones.

09/10

12. sutekina mirai

4min long filler/jamsession, boring

01/10

13. futuristic love

here we go again, starts promising with cool ideas, but doesn't seem to form to a real song, just a long loop with some brakes.

04/10

14. survive

liked it on the single, like it even better on the album

09/10

so thats four cool tracks and four ok ones. works for me, overall sorta 7,5/10

also i'm pretty sure you're correct with your time-machine, won't really listen to it in three months, but honestly i don't think i listened to any album so far longer than 3 months (if i don't count occasionally putting it out because it somehow fits the mood, or i heard something similar..). but until then it gets the heavy rotation on my ipod i guess...

-->everbody will only listen to it for max 3 months<-- *freaky eyes*

i am shanaynays sister and i got a damn pubic hair in my mineral water. how the f*** is that????

Sign in to follow this