Sign in to follow this  
guitar.chic92

Downloads keep timing out

Whenever I try to download something, I keep getting a

"Internet Explorer cannot download 'filename' from 'site.'

The operation timed out"

message after the download is about 3% completed, (some downloads get futher than that, even almost completed). This started recently, and it doesn't seem to matter where I'm downloading from or how large/small the file is, either.

Can anyone please help me with this? I'd be very grateful for any assistance.

Yup, what Anomie said, internet explorer = Garbage.

Or use a download manager like jdownloader, with that if a download

times ouit you can just resume where it left off, it's pretty awesome.

Well, I took Anomie's advice and installed Firefox. It's working great for downloads, but hotmail and youtube keep telling me that I need to upgrade to a modern browser such as Firefox and refuse to function properly. So I now can't type any e-mails and Internet Explorer won't even open up for me to do that! D:

Do I need to do something else for hotmail to recognize it or something? Because Firefox seems better in pretty much every other way.

I don't have any problems with hotmail. Maybe you have to install the new flash, that's why it doesn't work? Also check if you have the newest version of Firefox, maybe you installed one of the older ones?

Firefox says that I have version 3.6.10 installed, and Adobe says that I have version 10.1 installed. But I don't know if Flash really is installed correctly because I tried it twice but after I'd click the Agree to Terms button, the installer said that it could not install because the following conflicting applications were open: Mozilla Firefox and that it would automatically continue installation when Firefox was closed, but it never did continue. The second time I tried it I even closed Firefox before clicking the Agree button, and it still did the same thing. When I went to the Flash site it said it was installed, but Hotmail and Youtube still aren't functioning properly. :/

If you have a PC and are using Firefox, Installing Adobe Flash Player goes as follows.

1. Go into tools and click Add-ons

2. Disable Adobe Acrobat

3. Go to the Adobe.com and download Adobe Flash Player

4. Close Firefox completely

5. Install Adobe Flash Player normally

6. Go into Firefox and repeat steps 1 and 2 this time Enable Adobe Acrobat.

Adobe Flash Player should now work.

try to do this one

After closing it press ctrl+alt+del and turn off the firefox.exe proccess from the control manager. Sometimes Firefox turns itself off really slowly.

Sign in to follow this