kurenaishineek

Leecher Hunt

^ Dude there's nothing to be done about it, you can't stop people from stealing links, if there's a way then please enlighten us. Otherwise you're just beating a dead horse. I've been uploading stuff for years and I've never once had an account closed down, maybe that's due to me not uploading stuff that's popular or whatever but still... maybe you shouldn't be spending money on a DDL hosting sites and instead use a free account if you keep getting closed down, so you won't be losing money? There's a suggestion.

So yeah I think we should just leave it as it is, since there's literally not been a single suggestion that will take care of this problem without bringing forth bigger problems in it's stead.

EDIT: The best way to stop people from stealing links is to put passwords on them and you could also look into that MegaCrypter thing posted about a page back, both are methods that are totally reliant on the uploader though , so if you're tired of people stealing your links and getting accounts closed down then it's entirely up to you to take care of the problem. Link stealing has nothing to do with rather we change the DL forum or not.

Yeah just leave it as it is . Seriously how many uploads did you do ? How many accounts on sharing sites did get closed thanks to leechers who just repost your links taking the credit for themselves ? From what you and kai_desu say , you probabyl did not upload much stuff or even nothing at all . I was uploading for other sites for some time and for MH started just recently and ive already lost 2 accounts that i made for uploads for MH (both where paid in advace for a year) . Not to mention i almost had problems thanks to that . So yeah lets just not care about stupid ppl who just steal your links repost them make the traffic on the link higher and help youre account to be closed . Sorry but all your statments are ignorance , i wonder if you would be as ignorant as this if you would get into trouble thanks to those leechers .

I understand your frustation, but please do not accuse others of things without any hard evidence. People might not upload because they get their copy after someone else does, or maybe they just can't spare the cash on music because of a difficult financial situation, for example. We'd like to keep this discussion as civilized as possible so that we can all work towards a good solution to this problem. It's perfectly fine not to agree with kai and Rosa's opinions, just don't make it personal when you decide to react to it.

Now, in response to what's bothering you, I'm afraid there's not much that we can do about it with all the current possible solutions that we've thought up. We have included the rule that people should respect the uploader's wishes, but we can't possibly play police outside of our own forum. People from blogs usually use usernames different from the ones they use on their blog, because they KNOW a lot of uploaders are not happy with the reposting policy (either because they don't want their stuff reposted or because they prefer their stuff to be reuploaded to take away heavy traffic and to keep the link alive longer) and are therefore trying their best not to get caught. Even if we found out who they are, banning them only solves so much; they can make a new account in a matter of seconds. Banning their IP won't work either; proxies can be found everywhere on the internet.

The fact that these people try to hide themselves so well is (as stated before) basically proof that they know that what they're doing is not something lots of people are positive about. This is just pure laziness and very rude behaviour. Why? I know a person who is quite active on here who posts on edohsama (I shall not name them because I do not want them to be harassed by angry uploaders) and when I asked them why they didn't reupload when the original uploader requested so, they simply stated that it took too much effort.

We've discussed our options before and so far the best thing we came up with is the encrypter someone (I think Bunny) suggested. We can't FORCE people to respect the uploader's wishes if said people will do everything they can NOT to (several accounts, different usernames, proxies, etc.), but using that encrypter will at least force people to reupload and take away traffic from the original uploader. It's just the way most of the visual kei community is (I haven't seen this problem too much with non-VK indie music, except for J-MP3 lol) and as my mother has always told me "you cannot change the behaviour and mindset of others, but you can change how you react to it". Getting angry at something that is nearly impossible to change will only make you upset and take away your joy in sharing music with others.

So at this point, I would suggest to you, kurenaishineek: think about whether or not the behaviour and the consequences of reposters is something worth your time and frustration (since there is money involved, I would assume it would frustrate you quite a lot, which is understandable). If you notice it bothers you too much, make the decision that you think is right. But if you DO continue sharing, I would advice you not to use your paid filesharing websites accounts for files shared on MH, but to use free ones and keep the ones you paid for for other websites/filesharing communities. It'll save you money and frustrate you a lot less. I bring up the possibility of the encrypter in our next staff discussion, but until then there's nothing we can do.

tl;dr: you can't change the mindset of reposters, do what you want with that conclusion.

Just wanted to respond to the Megacrypter suggestion.

I've actually tried that on my upload sometime ago. What I noticed was that if someone tries to access the page from outside the designated domain, they will get a page that says something like "This file can only be accessed from www.monochrome-heaven.com". So if someone reposts the encrypted link on their blog or website, before long everyone will know there's this mega-piracy thing going on in MH (assuming they don't already know), which obviously isn't ideal. In the end I decided not to use it, and just put a password on the file.

^ Good point, thanks for letting us know. This indeed isn't a very desirable outcome either. Sadly, this was my only option that might work. All in all it's really difficult to solve this problem; the internet just basically does its thing anyway and you can't change people's mentality without completely locking down the forum, which would result in turning the entire section into an incredibly elitist mess (we've seen this happen with the post4link-method and it soon became a warzone because people refused to send links to people they didn't like).

I actually have a list of people I know who are both active here as on blogspots. I keep an eye on them from time to time to see if they respect the uploader's wishes, and if they don't I will contact them about this as it's now an official board rule. I can't do more than that though, sadly. If they refuse to listen warnings/bans can be put in motion but registering a new account or using a proxy is done in less than 10 seconds.

Little bit of statistics.

Few days ago I made some uploads and posted links here (archives where password protected). I asked not to share my uploads (naive me), as I wanted to share only inside mh community.

Then I noticed that Synk;yet single was downloaded about 300 times. Next day other uploads also were dowloaded hundred times.

I found the vkei blog where it was shared, but nobody asked a permission. There were also lots of releases from mh download section.

The album that was not shared on blogs has 60 ds, so thats some real number of downloads of average release inside of community.

So Synk;yet was downloaded over 600 (Srsly? Nobody buys or nobody shares?). 

I'm not complainin' but thats kinda sad.

Sorry for being a grumbler. And for bad english too.

Guest Kumo

^ those bloggers they truly don't listen to your wishes. so if you wanna share it only at MH. then you only should send it to people who you trust. just in Private messages.

So you can better not share if you don't want that your files will be downloaded over 600x.

I don't want to make this a huge pissing contest or anything, but when Mejibray's Raven was released, it was downloaded during the next few weeks over 1,500 times. I just checked and now it has been downloaded 1,838 times. I haven't seen any other uploads around than mine and I have really checked because that download count was really mindblowing. I don't mind that much that my links get reposted (though reuploading would of course be a lot better), but the amount of people that downloaded that single even though it can be bought very easily was a lot higher than I would've assumed.

And that single costs a whopping 3,99€ in iTunes Store...

Guest Kumo

Then why do we still upload stuff which are available at itunes? As so long we do upload cheap legal downable stuff. people stil not gonna spent a few Euros.

It's that easy.

Also you have to keep in mind that just because somebody downloaded it doesn't mean they didn't buy it as well... there are several reasons for this, they wanted to listen to it early before their copy arrived or wanted to sample first before buying, or they wanted to grab a rip from someone else instead of having to go through the troubles of ripping it themselves, ect.

just because it had tons of downloads does not mean that all of those people didn't purchase, although I'm sure a lot of them probably didn't but I'm also sure some of them did as well.

Guest Kumo

^ yes this, and lazy people are everywhere, but still most people download and don't buy/didn't bought it. easy enough.

Also as so long people upload cheap download able stuff. people not gonna rip their own copy or to buy a cheap copy. Why would you buy something for cheap if someone gonna upload it? Why not grabbing it for free, it's more easy than buying it at itunes or something even if having the money.

and blogs will grab those links to and say fuck you about the question "please ask first before sharing" they don't care. They never will listen. The only way to stop it a bit is. to delete your files and to re-upload it again after a week or something. because 99% of those blogs re-post the original link.

^ Seems like someone didn't leave this forum after all....

But seriously, this topic has strayed away far from its original purpose. Apparently it has now become a question about uploading in general. If people want  to discuss that, they are free to make a seperate topic about it in the discussion forum. But I see no point in continuing this argument here, people just keep repeating what has been said over and over again. If someone has any new suggestions how we can tackle the problem of reposting, they are free to PM us, and we will consider it. But for now I'm closing this topic as it has by far outlived its usefulness.