Sign in to follow this  
Tetora

What songs do you currently hold close to your heart?

Hey guys,

What songs either mean something to you, or bring memories and feelings up to the surface whenever you listen to them?

Some for me to get the ball rolling:

BUCK TICK - Dress

Always a song that feels deep and hopeless, reminds me of sad times.

Gackt - Secret Garden

The song that originally made me a huge fan. It resonated with me, and even now when I listen to it, it seems so true.

Alice-Nine - Cradle to Alpha

I listened to this track and the album it was on non-stop a short while after it came out. Listening to this reminds me of how distant the me I want to be is, and how hard I have to work to get there, and live out the life I truly want to.

TM Revolution - Tomorrow Meets Resistance (U:C2 Ver.)

I remember listening to this while waiting out under the hot sun to meet some dumb girl. Good times, listening to this reminds me of that and cheers me up.

Abingdon Boys - (The Entire First Album)

This album seemed so fresh, and so real to me. Still to this day, it seems like the feelings expressed on it are completely bare and true, nothing is hidden.

Please share some of yours!

Zakuro by DIR EN GREY

I cry everytime I listen to it, seriously
I'm not gonna tell the story behind all of it but it has been like this since "that" happened back in 2004...

Pay money To my Pain · Resurrection (P.T.P×Masato from coldrain & Hazuki from lynch.)

Pay money To my Pain · Illumination (P.T.P×JESSE from RIZE/The BONEZ)

Both songs hit home for me lyrically.

LUNA SEA · THE ONE -crash to create-

Everytime I listen to this, I always imagine a story about the rise and fall of success and then rebirth. It also feels like a time lapse of an entire day accompanied by beautiful landscapes.

Many, many songs and most of them related to the time I embraced Visual Kei back in 2004 and all the good people I met.

Dir en grey - Yurameki

That was my first love by Dir en grey when I got their discography and hold it dearly in my heart till this day.

There are tons of songs that I love and probably can't live without, but for the purposes of this I'm just gonna list 5 songs that I still have trouble listening to without losing it.

BLACK CAT - MAY

Clavier - Love Story (I cried the first time I heard this song)

DELUHI - 星の無い夜に

Kagrra, - 雫

SINCREA - RED

As you can tell, all these bands have disbanded. Among them, 2 vocalists out of 5 are still around doing music that would never ever be the same for me, another 2 have vanished/retired from the scene, and the last one has passed away.

Edit: I just saw Kles' list and I'm surprised... both フライト (ALSDEAD) and 紫苑 (2nd Dyz) mean a great deal to me as well.

This is an amazingly hard topic for me since I really don't like to share my dearest songs with anyone else. It's not like the songs I consider to be the most personal aren't liked by others too - because naturally they are. I feel that if anyone close to me criticizes these songs I'd probably just feel pretty devastated. While listening to these songs I've cried a lot. They have so much emotional value for me that it's really difficult to listen to these songs on a daily basis.

DaizyStripper - 星空と君の手

vistlip - Black Tail

SINCREA - Liberation

X Japan - Art of life

Royz - RISK_144000

摩天楼オペラ – 悲哀とメランコリー

Guest MollyMouse

Gekka no Yasoukyoku by Malice Mizer

It makes me think of when I first got into them and started worshipping Lolita and Mana XD oh god that short phase....

This is an amazingly hard topic for me since I really don't like to share my dearest songs with anyone else. It's not like the songs I consider to be the most personal aren't liked by others too - because naturally they are. I feel that if anyone close to me criticizes these songs I'd probably just feel pretty devastated. While listening to these songs I've cried a lot. They have so much emotional value for me that it's really difficult to listen to these songs on a daily basis.

DaizyStripper - 星空と君の手

vistlip - Black Tail

SINCREA - Liberation

X Japan - Art of life

Royz - RISK_144000

摩天楼オペラ – 悲哀とメランコリー

Oi, I really love 星空。。。by DaizyStripper too... I was really sad when it came out and used to just listen to that and smoke. That track made me a fan of them.

Oi, I really love 星空。。。by DaizyStripper too... I was really sad when it came out and used to just listen to that and smoke. That track made me a fan of them.

It's one of the songs I'd call "magical"... The atmosphere is so soothing. Yeah when CROSS came out I was feeling pretty sad and depressed too and I always played that song while I was crying like a little baby (and sometimes smoking too) XD That track was also the reason I started to like them. Though I'm not at all familiar with their newer releases, I've heard just a few and didn't really like them. For me they lost their ~*magic*~ pretty quickly.

These two always remind me of how much I miss my dad. They're not my favourite songs or anything, but they really hit home for me emotionally.

GLAY - Father and Son

X JAPAN - Tears

And L'Arc~en~Ciel's "Blurry Eyes" will always be a special one for me because it was the first Japanese song I learned the words to. Plus I have a weird soft spot for DNA2.

I am not going to spoil this to anyone but those who have seen the series - you know why...;_;

Daft Punk - Digital Love

Basically one hell of a nostalgia trip - and romantic one!

Sailor Moon is the necessity in everyone's happy childhood!1!!

one of my "eternal favorites", seriously. (even if my taste might change for "worse", this will be still my favorite - 15 years since my first listen!)

GACKT - Fragrance — I don't think anything suffices for me as being more beautiful than this. The lyrics, the emotion, there's just everything in this song I can relate to. Gackt does an amazing job at capturing every possibility in this of how a person can experience it. It just never ceases to impress me like madness.

KAMIJO - 闇夜のライオン — I've been listening to this ceaselessly since the moment it came out. Kamijo's voice has never reached me deeper than this. He sounds so clear, so otherworldly, the ambience it provides a room with is just stunning and it feels as if I'm being pulled elsewhere from my existing being. I just can't help falling more and more in love with this man every day and it's evident in so much of my behaviour. I feel as if currently, he is really saving me.

D'LORE - Forbidden Ideal — This is just... There are no words for this track. I wouldn't exist without it, and realizing they were/are such a small band without any recognition at all still gives me incredible chills. Even the smallest voices, so to say, can reach out far and touch someone deeply.

KISAKI - 勿忘草 — I am a Kisaki fangirl and I am not afraid to hide it. I'm not afraid to be completely overwhelmed by the man and his abilities and ego and crush under its pressure, nor am I afraid to share it with anyone. This song is just a trance-inducing masterwork, and I don't think I've ever been able to listen to it without at least tearing up. It's incredibly underrated regarding the emotional damage it carries along with itself (with Jui on vocals, respectively). 

I also love that D'LORE track, Rocketeer. I miss that band something fierce.

I was about to start a thread similar to this but glad I searched for one first. The songs that get me through dark times tend to stick with me the most, but there are a couple that remind me of certain times or people that effected me in a unique way. I tried doing a little write up for each track but some of it is just so personal I'm not comfortable putting it out for everyone to see, that, and this post became a novel so I deleted it. orz

Dir en grey - "Cage"

xTRiPx - "limpid" (the original, but since I can't find the original on youtube you get the re-recorded version here)

bis - "Start"

MUCC - "我、在ルベキ場所"

the GazettE - "Discharge"

Pay money To my Pain - "Another Day Comes"

ONE OK ROCK - "Liar"

coldrain - "NEVER LOOK AWAY"

Not exactly chronological order, but close. And you can see when my interests shifted out of vk... lol. But yeah. All of these songs bring up some strong memories. First times, last times, times you'd rather not remember....

Definitely any and all of Gackts' ballads. I cry every. God. Damn. TIME. Especially with Flower. For some reason, the translation of that song kills me every single god damn time! I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting the lyrics (with link to original post of course), I just wanted to show you what I meant, since it's about loss and love and just so touching (just the last part of the song, not going to kill you with a wall of text, hopefully ><):

The earth goes on forever, everything is beautiful
the season when you closed your eyes is passing by
Even now, the sadness won't vanish, but
the world I longed for is beginning

At the end of my sadness, I found it at last
I held the flower named "you" close
The love overflows and it overwhelms me...⁴

If I am reborn, let it be by your side
You are the irreplaceable flower

Also, after reading about what created The GazettE's' (I KNEW I kept spelling it wrong, thanks digitalbounce, my damn use of the only language I know is shocking) Taion, I can't listen to it without feeling so sad and dreadful. It's also the same feeling I have with Dir En Grey's Higeki Ha Mabuta Wo Oroshita Yasashiki Utsu, since I read somewhere it was written in dedication to a fan who commited suicide.

It probably appears I've just written three songs I think are just plain sad but really, I personally feel the reason why the artists had written them is the reason why I hold them very close to my heart. In memory of someone, dedication. I can't help but feel even more melancholic when I listen to such tracks. (I have probably left out so many, sorry) 

Well song's for me would be

D.I.D. - Blindness MAria

D.I.D. - a forlorn hope

D.I.D. - invidia

These song's hit home for me in a deep depressive aspect, these song's are deeply gripping and bring me to tears each time i listen to them. They remind me of my...."mistake".

another song for me would be 

Dir En Grey - Different Sense

the lines "Live Through This World" brings me to cry like a baby for reason's i wont explain....

Ooo good topic.

Dir en Grey - ain't afraid to die

The song and PV are beautiful and compliment each other perfectly.

Also, the location for the PV reminds of places in my dreams I would have as a child. This sounds weird, but I can just smell the basement in the PV and it reminds me of how my pre-school smelled: Old, dusty, kinda moldy.

Besides my weird quirks with the song, the theme deals with something we all must go through and makes me think about how to live so I won't be afraid to face death when my time comes.

I also love that D'LORE track, Rocketeer. I miss that band something fierce.

I was about to start a thread similar to this but glad I searched for one first. The songs that get me through dark times tend to stick with me the most, but there are a couple that remind me of certain times or people that effected me in a unique way. I tried doing a little write up for each track but some of it is just so personal I'm not comfortable putting it out for everyone to see, that, and this post became a novel so I deleted it. orz

Dir en grey - "Cage"

xTRiPx - "limpid" (the original, but since I can't find the original on youtube you get the re-recorded version here)

bis - "Start"

MUCC - "我、在ルベキ場所"

the GazettE - "Discharge"

Pay money To my Pain - "Another Day Comes"

ONE OK ROCK - "Liar"

coldrain - "NEVER LOOK AWAY"

Not exactly chronological order, but close. And you can see when my interests shifted out of vk... lol. But yeah. All of these songs bring up some strong memories. First times, last times, times you'd rather not remember....

Really nice to see bis and xTRiPx being remembered in this thread, as they are both my favorites ever, and mean so much to me.

'Start' is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard, and it was influential as fuck during bis most sucessful time (even if people do not give them the credit they deserve).

but their songs that hit me hard emotionally are 'Will', 'the limit of heart' and 'Yasashii Kaze'.

I wont go in details on how this band is important to me, but 'Will' and the 'the limit of heart' are both the BEST way a band can say goodbye. 'PROBLEM CHILD' had me almost in tears, after they've announced their disbandment.

really, you people should totally listem to them. they were GREAT.

Sign in to follow this