Keiyuu

KISAKI conspiracy? Strange things I noticed related to Kisaki's old bands Levia and LAYBIAL

And it was me, who bought it. 

sooo, will you do a scan or photo of it? the suspense is thrilling D:

For example, this is the tracklisting of the MISS tape by LAYBIAL.

01. Dejavu

02. MISS

03. virginig Plesures

04. Refuse

05. MOTHER

06. One More Love

Official source: http://under-ground-music.com/kisakihppart/english/DiscShosai.php?shohinNo=000009

Also in the mid-90s there was a band called VICE∞RISK. They released the tape Mother and this is the tracklist:

01. Virgining Plesures

02. Refuse

03. Mother

04. One More Love

Looks like Dejavu and Miss are also VICE RISK songs.

http://www.rarezhut.net/product/vice-risk-dejavumiss%E2%80%A6

This makes LAYBIAL's MISS tape a complete rip-off from track 1 to 6.

@Naaaaani

Can't wait for your tape! :D

Looks like Dejavu and Miss are also VICE RISK songs.

http://www.rarezhut.net/product/vice-risk-dejavumiss%E2%80%A6

This makes LAYBIAL's MISS tape a complete rip-off from track 1 to 6.

@Naaaaani

Can't wait for your tape! :D

Copying songtitles off some random tape you come across sounds like something any mid 90s vk guy could have done, but being as forward as to take two different tapes by the same band to do it is... special.

Also. It's not even that you read those titles and think OMG THIS IS SO DIFFERENT I NEED THOSE TITLES IN MY LIFE MUST COPY.

So why?

VICE∞RISK sound pretty good though.

What the hell..?! This IS Nude of J! o_O

Both, KELOID and PRAY are identical to the songs on Nude of J's 傷痕 tape...

What the hell..?! This IS Nude of J! o_O

Both, KELOID and PRAY are identical to the songs on Nude of J's 傷痕 tape...

btw, isnt it just possible that japanese fans (and the seller) have wrong information regarding that band (which wouldnt be that unlikely, considering that there doesnt seem to be alot of information regarding it... but then again if UCP staff actually sold it as "kisaki's band" written..)?

To really find out what's going on, someone needs to find that Nude of J tape and compare those songs to the ones from the Levia tape.

i'm starting to think that every COCKSUKEY's band before Stella maria were just garage bands of some teen guys which haven't actually released anything. and now he realized how to make moar moneyz by just making up band's history and putting up releases that never existed. so then comes the funniest part: making those "releases" himself recording some no1curr about stuff on tapes and selling them for crazy prices. DUDE COME ON AT LEAST CHANGE THE SONGS TITLES TO MAKE IT LESS OBVIOUS!

Here is the lyrics sheet from Nude of J's tape.

If you have trouble with Japanese, just pay attention to the English parts. They're the same songs.

To make it clear.. I'm not saying they just covered the songs, but those "Levia" songs Naaaaani uploaded are Nude of J - exactly the same recording.

And Nude of J were indeed a real band, which was active for about 8 years (they had different lineups and were called Bijou later).

There's definitely something very fishy about Kisaki's history...

1zh3dzr.jpg

Here is the lyrics sheet from Nude of J's tape.

If you have trouble with Japanese, just pay attention to the English parts. They're the same songs.

To make it clear.. I'm not saying they just covered the songs, but those "Levia" songs Naaaaani uploaded are Nude of J - exactly the same recording.

And Nude of J were indeed a real band, which was active for about 8 years (they had different lineups and were called Bijou later).

There's definitely something very fishy about Kisaki's history...

1zh3dzr.jpg

If you have the tape or the Nude of J songs, lend your ears to us for science! Did Levia cover Nude of J or is Kisaki full of shit?

I'm 99% sure it's the latter but we will see.

Just out of curiosity, how are people actually sure that the seller on Y!AJ is Kisaki, or anyone of his staff members?

edit: i guess it is possible he made it up, made a new tape (with another bands recordings) and says its his old band. afterall, almost no vk fans in japan gives a shit about old obscures bands anyway so he probably thinks he could get away with it lol.

Just out of curiosity, how are people actually sure that the seller on Y!AJ is Kisaki, or anyone of his staff members?

edit: i guess it is possible he made it up, made a new tape (with another bands recordings) and says its his old band. afterall, almost no vk fans in japan gives a shit about old obscures bands anyway so he probably thinks he could get away with it lol.

Even if it wasn't Kisaki, that doesn't explain how Levia's demo tape has Nude of J songs on it. If anything, Kisaki not selling it makes everything make less sense. Your edit is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

If you have the tape or the Nude of J songs, lend your ears to us for science! Did Levia cover Nude of J or is Kisaki full of shit?

But he was already pretty clear about it. It's not a cover, it's the same recordings he said.

Normally I would suspect that some random seller on Yahoo wanted to make some money and just faked the tape. But Kisaki's official site confirms the cover and tracklist and it's pretty weird in itself that the tracklist is 2/3 of the Nude-of-J tape. Which is another thing, the Nude-of-J tape has 3 tracks, so it's not just that the tape somehow ended up in the wrong case, someone must have gone through the trouble to copy over those 2 songs specifically.

Aaaaand there's more. I recently got the mp3s for another purported early Kisaki band, SHEY≠DE, via trade. It was later brought to my attention that they were probably fake. Fake files can happen in trades, although my source was usually a very realible one. One of the tapes I got is also on Kisaki's homepage, this one:

http://kisaki-official.syncl.jp/?p=shop&id=530032&af=

So, I showed my files to another japanese guy I know who's very knowledgable about old vk stuff, he said the tape I got was actually by a band called INSANITY.

And here's where it gets interesting.

Upon googling a bit I found this old auction where somebody was selling that old INSANITY tape: http://aucview.aucfan.com/yahoo/w80588066/

The tracklist is slightly different, but look at the cover! It's the same as on Kisakis page, except that one is red!

For comparison:

al_530032.jpg

瑠璃の雫 by SHEY≠DE

1. insanity

2. XXXXX

3. 夢遊病者

w80588066.jpg

Unnamed tape by INSANITY

1. 恋模様

2. Desert Labyrinth

3. 瑠璃の雫

The first song on the SHEY≠DE tape has been altered with the name of the actual band (!), and the second one has been replaced with xxxxx (!!). The third song of the INSANITY tape was used as title for the SHEY≠DE tape (!!!). Now that's creative! But hey, at least he came up with a COMPLETLY NEW fake name for the 3rd song this time. And he re-colored the cover in Photoshop. That's gotta be worth something, right?

The INSANITY tape was sold for 1000 Yen btw. The seller could have asked for a lot more for a SHEY≠DE tape, so there's no reason whatsoever for him to fake a SHEY≠DE tape into an INSANITY tape.

At first I thought I was spoofed by a tricky trader. But there seems to be more to it. So after the dubious LAYBIAL and Levia tapes.... make it three.

the account doesnt exist anymore, so kinda useless but it was various things., although "he" seems to have an mbok account now.

-multiple (unopened) copies of more or less every undercode release basically on releasedate or soon after.

-live distr./sold stuff multiple times

-many old undercode things

-many bootleg dvds (some of them quite limited, but still sold multiple times? not too sure about that one, because im not that informed about uc stuff)

so yea it was basically just that insane and sometimes quite impossible amount of uc and kisaki related stuff that made it quite obvious.

Wow. That's really entertaining. I wonder if Kisaki would have ever thought a bunch of gaijins would figure that out. Or maybe there are some japanese people who know that it's plagiarism and Kisaki made just shit up, but don't care enough to speak with him about it. And I still want to know what Kisaki gains all from this, except making money with other people's music…