Keiyuu

KISAKI conspiracy? Strange things I noticed related to Kisaki's old bands Levia and LAYBIAL

You know there's always the possibility the other bands sold their music to him.

You know, usually when people sell their music to other people, they sell them rights to the music, ie. the composition/lyrics so that other people can record/perform them - I never heard of people selling actual fully recorded songs that they already released themselves to other people so that they can claim them as their own work without even re-recording them themselves. At least in case of Levia this seems to be the case, and there's some indication it's also the case for Shey=de.

What are the chances that three different bands (VICE RISK, Nude of J, INSANITY) sold their already released demos to three consecutive bands of Kisaki, so that he could claim them as releases of his bands? And would it make it really any better if he did indeed pay money to use those recordings? It would still leave the fact that 3 of his 4 earliest works showcased on his own site don't actually seem to have been written, performed and recorded by any band that he was ever part of. At this point I wouldn't bet any money on the remaining vintage release - Levia's 滅序章 - being from one of KIsaki's bands either.

If it was just one dubious release I would say, okay, coincidence, misunderstanding, mistake, whatever. But three releases? That can't be a coincidence.

Why would he do that? I dunno. But we are talking about the person that took a photo of paper cranes from Google and claimed it was cranes sent to him by fans while he was in hospital.

To be clear, I'm not a Kisaki-hater. I like many of his bands and his labels' bands. But I'm calling bullshit on this one.

You know there's always the possibility the other bands sold their music to him.

yeah right they sold it saying "hey man! we're an obscure bands that barely few people know about. but you are some popular son-of-a-bitch! you can use our songs claiming that it's your early bands' songs and make some good money out of it!" 

that's so naїve i just cant

I'm not even sure if it's about money.... yeah, you can sell the tapes at a decent price, but not really THAT much that it would warrant the effort and risks involved, since you can only sell a very small amount of them without it getting too suspiscious. So... I dunno...

Anyway, in the interest of the "investigation", here's the files of the INSANITY demo tape:

https://www.mediafire.com/?j318rj3m133l0t0

I talked to my japanese contact who identified it for me again, and he confirmed the information I found on the auction site. He also told me that the tape is called "瑠璃の雫", just like the alleged SHEY=DE tape. He owns a physical copy of the INSANITY tape, so there's really no doubt about it, the INSANITY tape exists, the cover art and tracklist are legit, although the cover art and parts of the names miraculously also turn up on Kisaki's site as a SHEY=DE release. There's also no doubt that the files linked above are from said INSANITY tape, although - again miraculously - they were circulated as that SHEY=DE release - what a coincidence! (Btw, I changed the tags to the proper ones, since I don't want to further spread mistagged files.)

Now, for the rare chance that anyone ever got their hands on a physical release of the SHEY=DE tape, please compare them with the files I linked, so we can have full clarity. XD But I have a vague idea about the result already....

Gotcha.gif

I consider the theory of Kisaki buying songs that were already recorded and then basically copy-pasting them on his own tapes a very unlikely scenario, especially considering the time period we're talking about. He wasn't older than 20 at this point and all these bands were no1curr indie bands. I've seen record companies buy songs from other record companies, but those usually only include lyrics and the composition. It's up to the artist themselves to still record the song.

What I noticed about all those pre-95 releases that seem fishy: there doesn't seem to be any mention of them before 2007 when Kisakis history book was released.

Same for almost all of Kisakis old releases. The only one I found in an old 'Kisaki discography' printed in a 1999 mag is 奴隷華 by SHEY≠DE. A live limited release, which is kinda strange, wouldn't they rather show an official release? Like the '瑠璃の雫' one (The one that seems to be copied from INSANITY) that is now shown on Kisakis page?

btw I gathered the ones that haven't been busted here yet:

If anyone has any info such as covers and tracklist, please contribute! It'd also be really interesting if anyone had old flyers or magazines or anything else that proves the existence of these.

(And just in case anyone has a rip- they are welcome, too ; D) Same goes for people who find something similar from another band...

Levia - 滅序章
up_1988431.jpg
1 滅序章
2 PROLOGUE
3 蒼ノ真相
4 Die&DEA
5 EPILOGUE

mentioned in BEYOND THE KINGDOM (2007)

Levia – unknown distributed tape 1

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

Levia – unknown distributed tapes 2,3 (maybe identical)
1993.11.24/25

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

Levia – My Duel

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

LAYBIAL - カケラ

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

LAYBIAL - 混乱
1994. 06.20

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

SHEY≠DE - 奴隷華

2rrxlpk.jpg

1 奴隷華
2 DOLL

mentioned in CLiCK FILE vol 2 (1999)

SHEY≠DE – DARK SIDE

mentioned on Kisakis ohp

KISAKI PROJECT - ONCE...

up_1987195.jpg
1 ONCE...
2 届かぬ思い

---

oh and there is something else:

Some time ago I won an auction for a bootleg dvd of an 1998 matina event that as far as I know hasn't ever been sold anywhere. I just noticed that it was the same seller as the Keloid tape that @Naaaaani bought.

The same seller appearently sold quite a few Kisaki/Matina/UCP related stuff and he kinda reminds me of myth_ceo ; D

Well, for what it's worth: the person that gave me the rip of 瑠璃の雫 also gave me 2 other demo tapes allegedly by SHEY=DE: 奴隷華 and Dark Side. Again, just rips, not physical tapes, so not really hard evidence. But the fake 瑠璃の雫 rip led me straight to the very real INSANITY tape which then showed some eerie parallels to the information on Kisaki's site. Maybe we can find something for the other ones as well.

The "Dark Side" tape has already been partially identified. Gaz pointed me towards a band called 業, and upon searching a bit I actually found 2 YT vids by that band

and
. Those are the first 2 tracks on the tape. (Interestingly enough, the YT description says that 業 was the first band of ピエトロ and リエット, presumably the vocalist and guitarist of Da'vidノ使徒:aL - the band 業 is indeed mentioned as a previous band of リエット here. ) The alleged tape also has a 3rd track called 苦悩二果テニ which I'm unable to identify or match to any other band.

However, this one doesn't really proof anything so far, since there doesn't seem to be any "official" tracklist for this particular Kisaki tape. In this case anyone could have made up a tracklist and mislabeled the files. Which would have been my normal guess, but in the light of all these discoveres.... who knows?

Here are all 3 tracks from the the fake "Dark Side": https://www.mediafire.com/?0sjs1oq4w4vlwq4

Maybe someone recognizes the still unidentified 3rd track?

Now, the other tape, 奴隷華. The tracklist I got matches the one from the scan above. Neither I or my contact recognized the songs from any other band. In theory, this rip could still be legit, but I'm not holding my breath. Again, I'm posting it here, maybe someone else can identify it: https://www.mediafire.com/?qg69423c4i5g72k

So yeah, that's all I can offer for now. Good hunting. :wink:

so what is left to do is:

-buy a telescope;

-post all these at some jp blog/board he reads;

-sit down and enjoy how his butthurt will fly him to the moon.

oh and there is something else:

Some time ago I won an auction for a bootleg dvd of an 1998 matina event that as far as I know hasn't ever been sold anywhere. I just noticed that it was the same seller as the Keloid tape that @Naaaaani bought.

The same seller appearently sold quite a few Kisaki/Matina/UCP related stuff and he kinda reminds me of myth_ceo ; D

Also worth mentioning is that this seller had at least two more copies of the bootleg Matina DVD hyura bought + at least two KELOID tapes.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b158133370

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b159894149

And this Levia tape (滅びの序章) mentioned in the thread before.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b158348584

I suppose 滅びの序章 belongs to a real band called Levia, the one that was listed a lot of times in CLUB GIO's 1993 list (where Kisaki's Levia never played).

And as we know, their member names confirm that they had nothing to do with Kisaki: http://monochrome-heaven.com/uploads/monthly_03_2014/post-515-0-68667200-1395329942.png

I'm very sure that the tape sold by this seller (who is Kisaki or someone who's involved in his shit) had a photocopied cover without these names on it. From what I saw on Naaaaani's photo, there aren't any names on the KELOID tape either.

When Kisaki made up all his bullshit (probably around the time when he released his book in 2007) he just used this Levia band as a base for his "first band".

Even the title of his fictional band's tape was derived from Levia's. http://kisaki-official.syncl.jp/?p=shop&id=530024&af=

滅びの序章 → 滅序章

Oh and this:

KISAKI PROJECT - ONCE...

up_1987195.jpg

1 ONCE...

2 届かぬ思い

Yeah sure, KISAKI PROJECT in 1994... Why not create another potential tape to sell for 5000 yen, right?

I won't be surprised if this someday pops up on an auction from a user who's selling unreleased Matina and UCP stuff - more than one copy, of course. ;D

The only thing so far that may indeed be real is that 奴隷華 tape by SHEY≠DE, which is listed in hyura's magazine from 1999 as their only tape. I somehow doubt that he already faked his band history back then, but who knows...

Maybe he starts selling the tape when he's out of money and needs to buy fast food at family mart. :v

No, but really. I think more than to earn money, he made up the bands to seem more interesting to his fans. It would be fun to post a summary post on 2ch or something though. See how the Japanese fans would react lol

EDIT:

Also, in an interview with Pietoro of Da'vidshito:aL, you can read that he also confirms that he was part of the band Karma (along with Rietto). If the Darkside tape contains the same songs, then I guess Kisaki maybe he took their music as well (unless it's the otherway around, doubt it though)?

"We know that you joined Da'vid through Rietto who was your childhood friend, and before that you were a drummer, is that correct?
Do you remember that band you played drums for?

Pietoro:
Karma, wasn't it?
Rietto asked me to do support drums for Karma and we began to play together.

Later I switched to vocals.
I jokingly said: well, I'll sing
It's the band that makes me remind of when I became a vocalist" (http://misashito.occult-proposal.net/pietorointerview.html)

No, but really. I think more than to earn money, he made up the bands to seem more interesting to his fans.

But there were real short-lived Kisaki bands. I've got their photos from old japanese vkei magazine.

When Kisaki made up all his bullshit (probably around the time when he released his book in 2007) he just used this Levia band as a base for his "first band".

I think, he maid up this shit around 93-95, when his short-lived bands were active. Just an act of plagiarism of a stupid young boy called Kisaki.

Why not create another potential tape to sell for 5000 yen, right?

Serious money, lmao. And yes, why couldn't he release some solo stuff in 94 with Ray from Stella Maria on vocals?

So it's pretty sure every bands are fake before Stella Maria.

But NO, its not about money.
It's about to showing himself greater, than the reality.
He released own music from age 15, what a great musicer...
But i don't understand this guy.
Honestly, who the fuck cares about he had some shitty noname bands in his early age? No one on the world except him.
Just so dumb situation, he risks a lot for unremarkable shits.

BTW. What about GARDEN?
I remember there was an mp3 rip of it on the internet.
Is that real KISAKI band or someone other's music as well?

For what it's worth, that 業 tape is really good.

Definitely interested in what the Japanese fan base's reaction would be and if they could provide any insight. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kisaki still in high school when he was the support bassist for Stella Maria? He released a comic strip discussing his Phantasmagoriagate Scandal and I thought it said that.

To give some ~expert confirmation~ on a few things:

- myth_ceo is KISAKI. He sold UCP limited items, his own personal items, and even sold samples which he got from other bands (eg. in his blog he mentions SID giving him a sample of their new single, and then the next day myth_ceo was selling it). I'm also 100% sure that this was KISAKI himself and not a staff member.

- KISAKI closed myth_ceo and now has another account on Y!J, something like iyouxi or something (not on PC and can't remember the name). I know it's him for the same reasons listed above (funnily, some people actually complained on that account about him selling samples).

- He also has an mbok account which is something like deho_san (again, can't remember), though he doesn't use it often.

- His time in STELLA MARIA is 100% confirmed. In addition to tapes, we have flyers and videos confirming.

- His time in garden is 100% confirmed. In addition to the real tape being sold on Y!J a ton of times, there is video of garden somewhere.

- I'm actually 90% sure the "Once..." tape is real as well, although probably not released as "KISAKI PROJECT" as his official website calls it. The reason I'm sure it's real is that it features the STELLA MARIA vocalist, and it was mentioned on UNDER CODE's website back in 2003 at least.

So really what is in question (well, was in question) are the bands Levia, LAYBIAL, and SHEY=DE. As I mentioned before, I bought some tapes from KISAKI, but basically they are fake. However, I want to give some more complete info on them, if you'll just wait for another post. (And sorry for not posting before, but I was still unsure about certain things. Champ's post about the SHEY=DE tracks is what made the difference for me.)

I will go ahead and say this, though: although we now know that these demotapes are fake, there is still more to this plot...! Please wait for my next post.

- KISAKI closed myth_ceo and now has another account on Y!J, something like iyouxi or something (not on PC and can't remember the name). I know it's him for the same reasons listed above (funnily, some people actually complained on that account about him selling samples).

Then it's definitely him. iyoiyox is the account with those Levia tapes and the other stuff. Thanks for confirming this!

I will go ahead and say this, though: although we now know that these demotapes are fake, there is still more to this plot...! Please wait for my next post.

4002644-mj+p.gif

I'm busy with real-life stuff lately, so still working through it... but in the mean time:

There's a ton of meat to chew through here. So for your benefit and mine, let's define some terms and bounds:

---

【TERMS】

I'll use these terms to differentiate between the “alternate realities” that we're working with:

● “canon” - official; information given by KISAKI and recorded in multiple publications

● “semi-canon” - information from KISAKI but in an unofficial capacity (eg. information in his secret auctions)

● “non-canon” - information from a 3rd party (eg. rips floating on the net)

● “true” - something that actually happened or exists in real life

---

【BAND HISTORY】

So here's our *canon* (but not necessarily *true*) version of KISAKI's band history. Note that I'm only listing the begin dates of these bands―not every single appearance or revival.

● 1992~ SCARE CROW (roadie)

● 1993~ Levia

● 1994~ LAYBIAL

● 1994~ SHËY≠DË, garden (support), KISAKI (solo project)

● 1994~ garden, Ruby (support), SHËY≠DË (one day revival), De=prive (session?)

● 1995~ STELLA MARIA, 廃人黒薔薇族 (session)

● 1996~ La:Sadie's

● 1997~ MIRAGE, アンチフェミニズム

● 2000~ Syndrome

● 2003~ 妃&関西貴族, KISAKI PROJECT

● 2004~ Phantasmagoria

● 2010~ 凛 -the end of corruption world-

● 2014~ 凛 -THE END OF CORRUPTION WORLD-

---

【DOPPLEGANGERS】

I'll quickly touch on dopplegangers. Many of KISAKI's early (canon) bands were followed by later bands with the same name. I'll designate those with [non-KISAKI].

● Levia[non-KISAKI] - active around 1993(?); V. 冬樹 / G. 沙霧 / B. AINE / D. HIRO

● LAYBIAL[non-KISAKI] - Matina band active around 1999

● GARDEN[non-KISAKI] - Matina band active 2000~2002

● De≠prive[non-KISAKI] - First band of Madeth gray'll vocalist, active possibly around 1995~1996?

---

【WHAT WE'RE INTERESTED IN】

This thread is questioning two things, as I see it:

1. Are KISAKI's early bands *real*?

2. If so, are those early bands' discographies *real*?

KISAKI's time in the following bands is conclusively *real*, based on multiple sources of information, extant releases, photos, videos, etc.:

● SCARE CROW, garden, Ruby, STELLA MARIA, 廃人黒薔薇族, La:Sadie's, MIRAGE, アンチフェミニズム, Syndrome, 妃&関西貴族, KISAKI PROJECT, Phantasmagoria, 凛

The following bands are *canon*, but their *real*-ness is questioned:

● Levia, LAYBIAL, SHËY≠DË, KISAKI (first solo project), De=prive

---

【DISCOGRAPHY】

Here are the *canon* discographies of the bands which we're questioning (anything in green is *non-canon*):

Levia

1993-01-10 - 滅序章

1.滅序章 / 2.PROLOGUE / 3.蒼ノ真相 / 4. Die&DEA / 5. EPILOGUE

1993-12-21 - KELOID

1.KELOID / 2.PRAY

1994-01-23 - My Duel

1.My Duel

LAYBIAL

1994-05-01 - MISS

1.Dejavu / 2.MISS / 3.virgining Pleasures / 4.Refuse / 5.MOTHER / 6.One More Love

1994-05-30 - カケラ

1.カケラ

1994-06-20 - 混乱

1.混乱

SHËY≠DË

1994-07-01 - 奴隷華

1.DOLL / 2.奴隷華

1994-09-01 - 瑠璃の雫

1.insanity / 2. XXXXX / 3.夢遊病者

1994-10-01 - DARK SIDE

1.CRIME / 2.FUNERAL / 3.苦悩二果テニ (or 1.DARK SIDE ?)

KISAKI (solo project)

1994-11-10 - ONCE...

1.ONCE... / 2.届かぬ思い

Note: in Levia's canon biography the line “DEMO TAPE発売記念2DAYSワンマン公演開催” indicates that a live was held to celebrate the release of a previous demotape. These lines don't indicate additional demotapes, as some of you were confused about.

【EXCLUSIONS】

I posit, but can't prove, that KISAKI (1994 solo project) and De=prive are *real*, bringing the scope of my posts to Levia, LAYBIAL, and SHËY≠DË.

KISAKI (1994 solo project)

It is *canon* that KISAKI released a solo demotape in 1994 with STELLA MARIA vocalist Ray. The rest of the [disputed] canon discography wasn't known until 2007's BEYOND THE KINGDOM, but this demotape was listed on UNDER CODE PRODUCTION's website since at least 2004. That, and the fact that it features a (relatively) well-known musician (STELLA MARIA's vocalist Ray), I find it unlikely that this release/artist was faked.

De=prive

This is actually the least-known band in KISAKI's history. In fact, it's *non-canon*―that is, it came from Japanese VK fans rather than KISAKI himself. Since there's no reason for fans to lie about such a small band (with no releases), and because Japanese VK fans are rather trustworthy with information (moreso than overseas fans or KISAKI himself), I'm comfortable asserting that De=prive was *real*.

(If KISAKI's *canon* live history is *real*, I would guess that De=prive was the unnamed session band in 1994.)

---

【MYTH_CEO DEMOTAPES】

As pointed out in previous posts, KISAKI has been selling shit (anonymously) via Y!J auctions. In early 2014 he started selling Levia demotapes, and I bought almost all of them. Here are descriptions of those, followed by an update (canon + semi-canon) Levia discography:

-

1. 滅びの序章 image

● Green-tinted insert with cover art and spine, but no tracklisting or member information. Contains one track, 2:11, presumably 滅びの序章.

● I believe this is the same one that someone else purchased (although their copy was sold much later, I think).

-

2. 滅びの序章 (grayscale) image

● Same cover, but grayscale. Again, no tracklisting or member information, same 2:11 track as before.

● Again, not listed in *canon* discography―according to *semi-cannon* auction description, live distributed.

● However, it does appear to be old (rather than modern-made), as there is some yellow discoloration and wear on the insert. Additionally, the top of the insert appears frayed, as if it was originally longer, but was carefully torn apart.

-

3. 「KELOID」 -Not For Sale- image 1 / image 2

● Insert is clearly modern-made―background is pixellated while text box is sharp and uses a (sort of) modern font. One track, about 2:40, presumably KELOID.

● Not listed in *canon* discography (there is a canon KELOID, but it has two tracks and different cover art). According to *non-canon*, live distributed.

-

4. 「KELOID」 image

● Again, modern-made, as the insert was clearly printed with a modern inkjet printer, and creases/wear are printed images rather than physical features. It features two tracks, KELOID (5:30) and PRAY (3:57).

● This is listed in the *canon* discography, and features the correct cover art.

● Note that this tape's version of KELOID is 5:30 while the previous one was 2:40... and they're completely different songs.

● And let me just point out that KISAKI saw the same person buying these two tapes with the same Y!J account within the span of one month... you'd think he would at least use the same song in his faked demotape o-o.)

-

So here's our updated Levia discography, with *semi-canon* entries in blue:

Levia

1993-01-10 - 滅序章

1.滅序章 / 2.PROLOGUE / 3.蒼ノ真相 / 4. Die&DEA / 5. EPILOGUE

????-??-?? - 滅びの序章 (green)

1.滅びの序章

????-??-?? - 滅びの序章 (black)

1.滅びの序章

????-??-?? - 「KELOID」 -Not For Sale-

1.KELOID

1993-12-21 - KELOID

1.KELOID / 2.PRAY

1994-01-23 - My Duel

1.My Duel

【DISPUTING THE MYTH_CEO DEMOTAPES】

Let's start talking shit:

-

1. 滅びの序章 (green / black)

● This tape was never in the canon discography. The canon discography does have a “滅序章” (notice only two characters missing), but that one is supposed to have 5 tracks.

● Levia[non-KISAKI] has a demotape called “滅びの序章” which had the exact same cover. Rarez Hut actually sold it: http://www.rarezhut.net/product/levia-%E6%BB%85%E3%81%B3%E3%81%AE%E5%BA%8F%E7%AB%A0

● Remember, on my copy of the grayscale version, the insert appeared to have been longer originally... well, as posted here, Levia[non-KISAKI]'s tape had an insert that was longer (with member info + tracklisting)... I wonder if KISAKI had this Levia[non-KISAKI] tape and just ripped that part off and used the remaining insert for his fake demotape???

-

3. 「KELOID」 -Not For Sale-

● This wasn't listed in the canon discography (only a version with 2 tracks was), and is clearly modern-made/fake.

● The track used for the demotape is familiar... hold that thought ;)

-

4. 「KELOID」

● Again, clearly faked, as per inkjet printing and such. At least the cover/tracklisting matches up to the canon discography, but as pointed out, the tracks are stolen from a VICE∞RISK demotape.

---

【IT STARTS GETTING WEIRD】

OK, so here's where it gets weird. “「KELOID」 -Not For Sale-”, the *semi-canon*, faked demotape that KISAKI sold me via auction. That 2:40 track which is completely different from the “「KELOID」” version...

Champ mentioned that she traded somebody for some SHËY≠DË demotape rips... I traded for the same rips with that same person.

...The Levia “「KELOID」 -Not For Sale-” version of KELOID is the same track as SHËY≠DË's FUNERAL from the “DARK SIDE” rip which I traded for!!

...And as Champ pointed out, FUNERAL by SHËY≠DË is actually FUNERAL by 業!

!_! ?_?

So just by pure coincidence (...??????), KISAKI sold me a fake Levia demotape which featured a track by 業, and someone traded me for fake SHËY≠DË demotape which featured the same track by 業. Coincidence? Or maybe KISAKI mixed up his fake files? Either way it's interesting...

-

Also, I'm quite embarassed to admit it, but I thought I'd figured out what Levia - 滅びの序章 (the actual music on the demotapes which KISAKI sold me) was stolen from, but I can't remember now @_@.

---

Still more to come...