Keiyuu

KISAKI conspiracy? Strange things I noticed related to Kisaki's old bands Levia and LAYBIAL

The Google pictures scandal was probably the thing that took over the forum for about 2 days; haven't had such a good laugh in ages though (I think it was around 2 years ago?)

I don't think this is a definitive proof. The pictures could be of any other band from that time where he played as a guest musician or something like that. Is he even recognizable on those pics? A scan would be nice, if it's not too much trouble!

Especially the fact that the second "LAYBIAL" photo is from a time where he already was in SHEY≠DE. Also, "The details are secret". Yeah sure, guess why... :rolleyes:

Wow, I didn't know that! Well, things like this and also THIS:

are even more reasons not to believe what he writes about his history...

@ inartistic

Please, we all want to see that tape! D:

I can make a scan if you like! orz

He is in fact recognizable, but the first picture shows only him. I think the 'details are secret' is weird, too, but doubt he actually faked having been in that band at this point. That was only 5 years later! And the date is the same as in the new live-history, too. I'd rather think he'd invent some releases, not the entire band. : /

The other photo.. may actually SHEY≠DE, I think. The guys look very similar to the picture of SHEY≠DE on the same page. The layout of the magazine is a bit vague, so it's not clearly mislabeled or anything, but it makes it look like it belongs to the LAYBIAL section.

About the blog photo, though...

He clearly stated it was UCP guys! I just mentioned it since there was no photo proof of levia-related stuff or anything.

upload-a-picture-4hg1bg.jpg

He didn't just upload photos from google to his blog, he, for example, took a photo of hospital food from google and wrote 'This is my food at the hospital' under it. Or he took a photo of a broken car window from google and wrote 'Someone broke into my car' under it. And there were around 20 cases found before he shut down his blog I believe.

I doubt many common musicians do that.

In addition to hyura I'd like to say that in that particular case it wasn't the problem that he took pictures from google; hell, everyone does that. The problem is that he added pictures from google to things he said he had been doing, like the one where he posted pictures of paper cranes fans had made for him as a get well-soon gift, those turned out to be fake as well, making lots of people doubt whether he was actually hospitalized. I doubt any common musician would fake a hospital visit, you see.

Anyway, not meaning to start anything here, just pointing out it isn't as simple as "blaming Kisaki for everything" which is something that happens quite often, agreed on that point. I think if any other musician had done it the same effect would have happened, but since Kisaki is more known in the visual kei world, it's no surprise it blows up like this.

Thank you for the pics!

Yeah, I think on the second pic that's not supposed to be LAYBIAL - I'm 99% sure it's SHEY≠DE. There's also Shio on that photo who was a member of SHEY≠DE.

But the "LAYBIAL" pic... I'm really not sure. LAYBIAL had 4 members.. Why are there only 3 on the photo?

And this may be just my imagination but somehow, those two guys look like his GARDEN bandmates. :D

The one to the right on your pic is here on the left side while the other one is in the front. Their faces look the same to me and GARDEN indeed had only 3 members.

GARDEN.png

I noticed some very strange things about Kisaki's bands Levia and LAYBIAL, which were around in 1993 and 1994. For example, this is the tracklisting of the MISS tape by LAYBIAL.

01. Dejavu

02. MISS

03. virginig Plesures

04. Refuse

05. MOTHER

06. One More Love

Official source: http://under-ground-music.com/kisakihppart/english/DiscShosai.php?shohinNo=000009

Also in the mid-90s there was a band called VICE∞RISK. They released the tape Mother and this is the tracklist:

01. Virgining Plesures

02. Refuse

03. Mother

04. One More Love

I saw the lyrics sheet with my own eyes, so I can confirm that it's real.

Now let's look at Levia's KELOID tape:

01. KELOID

02. PRAY

Official source: http://under-ground-music.com/kisakihppart/english/DiscShosai.php?shohinNo=000007

Around the same time there was a band called Nude of J. Their 傷痕 demo looks like this:

01. KELOID

02. 恋に焦がれ愛に埋もれ

03. PRAY

I also saw a sheet of this tape, the tracklist is legit.

I can upload pics of the VICE∞RISK and Nude of J tracklists, if you guys want to see a proof.

So.. Can anyone explain this? For me, it doesn't make sense at all.

VICE∞RISK and Nude of J seem to be COMPLETELY unrelated to Kisaki or his bands.

It's not that VICE∞RISK are completly unrelated to Kisaki, lets all remember that Kisaki and Hibiki were and are big friends. If Kisaki lied, Hibiki knew about it. Anyway, I don't care, it's completly a white lie, not harmful at all, and Kisaki is way to good person to be ever critized by me.

As for Laputa, didn't notice much similarity between Phantasmagoria and their song, but Jakou sounded like Buck tick mixed with samples of Kyoharu and Hyde.Nice mix, but still can't see this mentioned similarity.

It's not that VICE∞RISK are completly unrelated to Kisaki, lets all remember that Kisaki and Hibiki were and are big friends. If Kisaki lied, Hibiki knew about it. Anyway, I don't care, it's completly a white lie, not harmful at all, and Kisaki is way to good person to be ever critized by me.

Are you talking about Hibiki = Yayoi? He is from Vice†risk (the Matina band), they have nothing to do with VICE∞RISK.

I see.

oh God, the bands and their names. If there was more than one Vice Risk, I totaly don't blame anyone for stealing the titles. Everything can be copied, seems it's just typical japanese style.

Alright, I guess I can more or less confirm that Kisaki's Levia existed .. but there's now even more confusion regarding the tapes.

There is this auction where someone sold Levia's KELOID tape and the seller also describes that it's Kisaki's band and that the tape contains 2 tracks (which fits to the official listing on Kisaki's site).

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b158133370

The same seller also sold this tape... which he describes as Kisaki's Levia band as well. But he didn't say how it's called, only that it was live distributed.

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b158348584

(Thanks to @hyura♡ who spotted these auctions ;D)

And guess what.. That's the 滅びの序章 tape that was on RarezHut ! Some time ago when I asked @Biopanda about it, he told me that it's a different Levia and not Kisaki's so I always assumed there were two Levia bands. Kisaki's sources never listed a tape called 滅びの序章 either.

But then I took a closer look at Levia's history on his official site and spotted something...

1993年

09.01 KISAKIを中心に結成
09.21 和歌山オールドタイムにて初ライブ開催。
10.10 1st DEMO TAPE「滅序章」発売。
11.15 和歌山オールドタイムにてDEMO TAPE発売記念ワンマン公演開催。
12.21 2nd DEMO TAPE「KELOID」発売。
12.24 和歌山オールドタイムにてDEMO TAPE発売記念2DAYSワンマン公演開催。
12.25 和歌山オールドタイムにてDEMO TAPE発売記念2DAYSワンマン公演開催。

1994年

01.23 和歌山オールドタイムワンマン公演にてDEMO TAPE「My Duel」無料配布。
02.14 和歌山オールドタイムにてワンマン公演開催。
03.10 和歌山オールドタイムにて解散ワンマンライブを開催。

There are 4 dates where a demo tape was distributed at their live. One of them is called "My Duel" so I guess we can drop that one. The others don't have a title mentioned.

After some more google work I (woops..I mean hyura xD) found this picture from an old auction:

myth_ceo-thumb-1389168676323908.jpg

Now this looks familiar, right?

My conclusion is.. this might be indeed Kisaki's Levia and it's the tape that was distributed on two days on christmas in 93 - black-white on one day and green the other day.

I'd like to ask anyone who owns this tape, or Biopanda who sold it .. What is written on the inlay/sheet or whatever comes with that demo. Are there any member names? And where does the title 滅びの序章 come from, is it written somewhere? It's a bit weird that Kisaki doesn't mention this title while being so thorough and accurate when it comes to his history.

By looking at those crappy pics on it, that guy on the left kinda looks like a young Kisaki and his Levia also had 3 members.

There is still one thing that supports the -2 Levia's- theory:

On the website of CLUB GIO Ichikawa there are numerous "LEVIA" lives listed for 1993. But like already mentioned in this thread, Kisaki's band never played in CLUB GIO and the shows listed there don't fit to the ones on Kisaki's site at all.

Yeah, so .. what do you think? Mystery solved or not yet?

/Sherlock mode off

I'm just completely going off of memory here, but I remember there being member names, none of which were Kisaki or anything similar :(

Ah thanks, I forgot elias posted his scan.

Ok, I don't get it...

Kisaki's Levia should look like this

Vocal: MAKI
Guitar: 美憂 (Miyu)
Bass: KISAKI

Members on 滅びの序章

Vocal: 冬樹 (Fuyuki)

Guitar: 沙霧 (Sagiri/Sakiri ?)

Bass: AINE

Drums: HIRO

Why are there only 3 on the picture? But either way, this looks to me like a completely different band. :/

There are 4 dates where a demo tape was distributed at their live. One of them is called "My Duel" so I guess we can drop that one. The others don't have a title mentioned.

After some more google work I (woops..I mean hyura xD) found this picture from an old auction:

myth_ceo-thumb-1389168676323908.jpg

Now this looks familiar, right?

There is one more thing about this auction.

From the image link it appears that the seller was a person named myth_ceo on yahoo auctions. Me (and some others) have been stalking that account for a while because he or she kept auctioning off incredibly rare or even unreleased kisaki related things, often when one of those was sold he or she would add the same thing again as if there was quite a stock of stuff. So we came to the conclusion that it might actually be kisaki himself or some staff selling things for him.

Well, even if it wasn't. Telling from the amount of kisaki memorabilia that person owned he or she should be able to tell if the tape really was from another band.

The more confused I am by those bandmember names....

edit: the best part? It seems that myth_ceo deleted his account by now. ;o;

There is this auction where someone sold Levia's KELOID tape and the seller also describes that it's Kisaki's band and that the tape contains 2 tracks (which fits to the official listing on Kisaki's site).

http://page2.auction...tion/b158133370

And it was me, who bought it. Btw, I think the second tape belongs to another band called Levia, not Kisaki's one.

I have to say it's really entertaining to read all this things. Bet Kisaki is laughing his ass off if he'd see us being so puzzled. I still wonder though why he or a staff member of him would invest so much time and energy into this…

I have to say it's really entertaining to read all this things.

Same here, although I don't really have too much input on that.

But whenever I see the insane prices some rare vk stuff gets at auctions I have wondered if any band ever succumbed to the temptation to keep a few of their live-house distributed rarez just to sell them incognito for 10 times the price on Yahoo some time later. XD