Keiyuu

KISAKI conspiracy? Strange things I noticed related to Kisaki's old bands Levia and LAYBIAL

I noticed some very strange things about Kisaki's bands Levia and LAYBIAL, which were around in 1993 and 1994. For example, this is the tracklisting of the MISS tape by LAYBIAL.

01. Dejavu
02. MISS
03. virginig Plesures
04. Refuse
05. MOTHER
06. One More Love

Official source: http://under-ground-music.com/kisakihppart/english/DiscShosai.php?shohinNo=000009

Also in the mid-90s there was a band called VICE∞RISK. They released the tape Mother and this is the tracklist:

01. Virgining Plesures
02. Refuse
03. Mother
04. One More Love

I saw the lyrics sheet with my own eyes, so I can confirm that it's real.

Now let's look at Levia's KELOID tape:

01. KELOID
02. PRAY

Official source: http://under-ground-music.com/kisakihppart/english/DiscShosai.php?shohinNo=000007

Around the same time there was a band called Nude of J. Their 傷痕 demo looks like this:

01. KELOID
02. 恋に焦がれ愛に埋もれ
03. PRAY

I also saw a sheet of this tape, the tracklist is legit.

I can upload pics of the VICE∞RISK and Nude of J tracklists, if you guys want to see a proof.

So.. Can anyone explain this? For me, it doesn't make sense at all.
VICE∞RISK and Nude of J seem to be COMPLETELY unrelated to Kisaki or his bands. I even compared the member names, because sometimes members went into different bands and rerecorded songs they've written for another band, but there's not a single similar name anywhere.
Was Kisaki making things up when he decided to release information about this old bands and just took random songtitles of obscure bands from that time? O:

Or did the bands just covered each other, which is highly unlikely...

I know there's a KISAKI history book out there. Maybe someone here owns it, so we could compare the titles? But I'm 99% sure that it will contain the same information as on that UCP site.

Kisaki's been caught for tax fraud before, so it's not implausible that either

• He made it up on the spot and no one questioned him
  • (Far less likely) His bands ripped off of those bands entirely

Since no one seems to own a copy of Levia/LAYBIAL stuff AFAIK, it's most likely number one. No way that stuff from Kisaki's past can disappear - after all, he is the king of repackaging and selling music.

Interesting topic, to say the very least.

I'd have to agree with Zess on this one. Doesn't seem all too surprising for Kisaki to do something like that imo.

Stills makes me wonder, though. There's just no way those albums could be coincidentally identical (mostly identical, at least).

KI$AKI is a reptilian from the  hollow earth and supreme master of the Illuminati

srsly now.. there's also another band from the 90's named Levia

never saw a single trace of the actual existence of KISAKI's Levia other than those originally comming from own KI$AKI's sources

Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but since you linked this here.... has anyone here ever bought something from the Under Ground Music shop? I stumbled across that page a while ago and even back then it looked kinda neglected. But it has all those demotapes of those old Matina bands for download in much better quality than those old rips floating around, so that's really tempting... I made an account back then and proceeded to checkout, where it asked me to pay via credit card or WebMoney. Now, getting some prepaid online credit card is not that difficult, but I wonder if buying there actually still works, or if Kisaki will just keep my money and no downloads are ever to be seen, lol.

never saw a single trace of the actual existence of KISAKI's Levia other than those originally comming from own KI$AKI's sources

Exactly.. I haven't seen any real evidence for these bands either.

On this fansite here are even pictures of SHEY≠DE and GARDEN (probably from the history book?), but none of Levia and LAYBIAL.

http://www.yurameki.it/kisaki/kisaki-bands.html

Oh and in case someone doesn't know.. That pic when you click on LAYBIAL's profile is a Matina band from the late 90s. They also fucked up their lineup by adding Kisaki as the 1st bassist, lol.

And more stuff I noticed.. When you compare the title of another Kisaki-Levia tape to the one of the other 90s Levia band (which definitely exists), there's some similarity as well.

Kisaki: 滅 序章

not Kisaki: 滅びの序章

The sound and look of this band also fits perfectly into the time Kisaki's band supposedly was around (1992-1994).

Hahahah, it's a great theory! But...

Well, besides that there's no point in making up 1 year of band history... Sherlock says simplest explanation is probably right: KISAKI makes up 1 year of band history, or KISAKI copies some song titles? As elias mentions, there's another Levia―well, there's also another LAYBIAL, GARDEN, De=prive, Vice†risk, Of-J (several オブジェ)...

You have these young boys running around in shit-fucking-tiny bands playing terrible copycat music in the no-internet Stone Age wasteland of 1993... My point is: they probably just copied each others' band names/titles/cool phrases, and were so small that no one cared.

As for those DTs not being online, IMO KISAKI is the only one who owns those tapes anymore because he's the only person on the planet who cared enough to save them. Any girl who was into 1993's LAYBIAL got married and threw that shit out before VK even reached the internet, you know? And KISAKI probably doesn't share them because they're embarrassing/he doesn't have the rights.

Also: I own a Levia tape and have seen others, so that definitely ends the theory.

---

That being said, no clue if the songs themselves were copies of those other bands! Would only know if I had rips of all the tapes to compare. So you can still form conspiracy theories about that :D!

---

Sorry for going a bit off-topic, but since you linked this here.... has anyone here ever bought something from the Under Ground Music shop? I stumbled across that page a while ago and even back then it looked kinda neglected. But it has all those demotapes of those old Matina bands for download in much better quality than those old rips floating around, so that's really tempting... I made an account back then and proceeded to checkout, where it asked me to pay via credit card or WebMoney. Now, getting some prepaid online credit card is not that difficult, but I wonder if buying there actually still works, or if Kisaki will just keep my money and no downloads are ever to be seen, lol.

It was worth buying from there, 'cause the MP3s were from original masters. Unfortunately their credit card system is offline now, BUT you can find almost all of those MP3s on the Matina DEMO TAPE COLLECTIONS CD-R which UNDER CODE released (I think there's a rip up somewhere on MH?)

He was 16~17 years old.

These teen guys always try to copy their heroes.

Sorry, but how are some obscure teen bands who were probably as "big" as Kisaki's band "heroes" for them...?

As for the fact that it was common to copy certain phrases and titles: Yeah that's true, when you look at a number of vk bands you may see some similar titles here and there. But THIS is just too conspicuous.. I mean.. They just took a whole tracklist and simply copy-pasted it. Maybe added 1-2 songs. I don't know but it's just extremely weird that something like this was done on purpose, concerning at least 3 different bands. I haven't seen anything like this in any other vk band.

This would also mean that they all had to be from the same region. How else could have such tiny bands heard about each other and even know their song titles (and the order in which they recorded them on their demo tape...)? According to Kisaki's official site (which I just found), Levia were from Wakayama (Kisaki's birth town). Nude of J (formed 1 year before Levia) were from Gunma prefecture, which is nearly half across Japan from the Wakayama area.

Or maybe the 15-17 year old Kisaki traveled around Japan and went to numerous lives of bands who were together for a month and thought "FUCK YEAH! KELOID, PRAY, VIRGINING PLESURES! Guys I have no idea what it means but your song titles rock my socks! Hell, I'll make a band when I'm home and use all of them (including spelling mistakes)"

No seriously... it seems a little bit too far-fetched. :/

Also: I own a Levia tape and have seen others, so that definitely ends the theory.

Wow, which tape is it? Can you tell us about the songs on it?

Be a hero for us! You're one of the few people who actually own one, so you can do the comparisons and see if the similarities stop at the names.

also noticed that none of those supposed members of his supposed two first bands Levia and LAYBIAL have ever been in any other band after or prior to them, that's weird and feeds the conspiracy theory...

I'd guess KI$AKI faked them but as inartistic already stated he owns a KI$AKI's Levia tape...

members of the non-KI$AKI Levia if anyone's interested:

post-515-0-68667200-1395329942_thumb.png

there's a brief band history with gigs and all for his Levia here:

http://www22.big.or.jp/~yunisan/vi/levia.html

I don't believe he'd have the nerve to fake that too, it'd be way too barefaced and easy to uncloak...

Once Levia is proven to have existed, the dubiety is about all the incredible coincidences involving songtitles

I really wanna see that supposed tape. Proper photos or scans of cover and tracklist please, because I am actually sceptical that it's legit.

Wow, I only saw this thread now. : o

So I'm a bit late to the party.

Kisaki bashing used so be a popular sport so as his fan I feel like a traitor to say this but:

Well. Kisaki was also the guy who took random pictures from google and uploaded them to his blog to look like he had a life.

So yeah it doesn't seem that unlikely for him to invent those releases or even bands afterwards to make his history more colorful.

The 'Beyond the kingdom' book has the same release- and live-history infos that were already posted and no pictures of either bands.

It doesn't say much about Laybial in the history part at all either, only that they were a 'positive punk' band and toured other cities as well. KISAKI left them very fast.

It has, however, some stuff about Levia: appearently they were extremely popular in wakayama, even referred to as 'super band', that's why they played so many oneman lives (pretty unusual for a young band like that!), they often appeared in the local press and played as OA for major bands. The sound was aggressive.

I also looked through my old mags and found some 'Kisaki photo gallery' in a minikomi from '99!

No photo/mention of levia, but two pictures of Laybial. One of them is commented with '1994.5.30 Umeda Guild, Even between the photos I have this one is pretty old. Because this band is currently with Matina there's propably lots of people who are like 'what?' now. The details are secret.' ... So the live history of that band seems to be legit I guess. ;D

The other photo is dated 1994.9.21... which is technically when he was already in his next band. : o So no idea.

As for those DTs not being online, IMO KISAKI is the only one who owns those tapes anymore because he's the only person on the planet who cared enough to save them. Any girl who was into 1993's LAYBIAL got married and threw that shit out before VK even reached the internet, you know? And KISAKI probably doesn't share them because they're embarrassing/he doesn't have the rights.

I doubt those tapes would disappear just like that. : o 200 and 300 presses is not that few and Kisaki was a famous guy from early on, at least from La'Sadies he made it pretty big in the indies scene, so at least a couple would have made their way to second hand shops and the like. Just like with many other tapes from old nobody bands whose members got famous later on.

What does it say on that Levia tape? ;O; I'm curious.

edit: there is a blog entry here where kisaki says he visited Levias guitarist in Wakayama who is now married with the woman who was their staff at that time. : o But the photo is some UCP people. XD (at least not stolen from google!)

I also looked through my old mags and found some 'Kisaki photo gallery' in a minikomi from '99!

No photo/mention of levia, but two pictures of Laybial. One of them is commented with '1994.5.30 Umeda Guild, Even between the photos I have this one is pretty old. Because this band is currently with Matina there's propably lots of people who are like 'what?' now. The details are secret.' ... So the live history of that band seems to be legit I guess. ;D

The other photo is dated 1994.9.21... which is technically when he was already in his next band. : o So no idea.

I don't think this is a definitive proof. The pictures could be of any other band from that time where he played as a guest musician or something like that. Is he even recognizable on those pics? A scan would be nice, if it's not too much trouble!

Especially the fact that the second "LAYBIAL" photo is from a time where he already was in SHEY≠DE. Also, "The details are secret". Yeah sure, guess why... :rolleyes:

Well. Kisaki was also the guy who took random pictures from google and uploaded them to his blog to look like he had a life.

Wow, I didn't know that! Well, things like this and also THIS:

edit: there is a blog entry here where kisaki says he visited Levias guitarist in Wakayama who is now married with the woman who was their staff at that time. : o But the photo is some UCP people. XD (at least not stolen from google!)

are even more reasons not to believe what he writes about his history...

@ inartistic

Please, we all want to see that tape! D: