allisapp

Travelling

Oh yes, I love travelling.

Since the past 3 years most especially, been in and out countries with my BF.

But our travelling style are way more splurge style.

Meaning, we enjoyed ride taxis than buses or trains.

And staying in good hotels.

I enjoyed that better now.

When I was teen to my late 20s, I did more backpacking and low budget style, camping or hostels and stuffs but now I got more cash in hand, I upgrade my travelling style up a notch.

I went to Bulgaria last September, but other than that I'm not being able to travel much, sadly.

Maybe next year there'll be a nice concert somewhere again?

I've visited:

Lisbon - Portugal (2014)

Germany (2014/2015/2016)

• Frankfurt am Main
  • Berlin 
  • Halle
  • Leipzig
  • Hamburg
  • Köln
  • Mannheim
  • Rostock

Poland (2016)

Czech Republic (2016) 

England (2016)

Edited by Delkmiroph

Whoa, congrats! I hope you have a lot of fun. :3

I am visiting @anakuro in Japan next week, that is probably relevant to this thread. lol I'll try to keep track of my spending and give a report on how it goes.

Been to Japan three times. Stayed two weeks the first time, a year the second time and two weeks the third time. Haven't traveled around that much in Japan unfortunately , mostly been in Yokohama or Tokyo. I did however go to Okinawa which had been a dream for a long time.

Other than Japan, I've been to Seoul, wasn't what I expected, but I did not explore enough i think.

Since I'm from Sweden I have been to Denmark a few times with the family when I was a kid. Don't remember much other than that Legoland was fun.

countdown to japan trip in less than 3 months......... :D

since i'm from singapore, i generally travel no further than outside of asia. so far, i've been to places like hong kong and korea (and some more), both of which are beautiful countries especially the former.

I just realized that my vacation money is coming soon, which means that my budget will get triple'd... Well, I hope that at the end of my stay I still have all of the extra money saved.

20 days till Thailand. ;3

i'm from scotland.

while living there as a kid/teenager i visited these places during family vacations:

- england and wales of course but never ireland for some reason

- france

- spain

- netherlands

- germany

- norway

- malta

- greece

- cyprus

- USA (only florida, for disney)

- india (and bahrain if it counts that the flight stops there on the way)

on my own (alone because i have no friends) while i lived in scotland i visited

- also england and france

- sweden

- japan (for 3 week vacation only in tokyo)

but england and france and sweden were only to see lives because no japanese artist ever goes to scotland. i think vamps and dir en grey have been there.

then i moved to live in south korea for a year and i visited all over korea (well not all over north korea, only to the DMZ. organised trips to north korea are never when i can be off work. but you can see pretty much all the good stuff in south korea within a year even if you're working a lot because it's a small country).

while i lived in korea i visited hong kong for a few days. but i didn't really like hong kong much, i only went there to go to disney land.

and i went to japan maybe about 10 times within a year. to tokyo, osaka, fukuoka and sapporo. in weekends and vacation times. i was living not so far from busan so i could take a ferry to fukuoka pretty easily.

then i moved to japan.

in japan i've lived in tokyo, nagano prefecture and yamaguchi prefecture.

i'm trying to visit places all over japan now (but only when it's convenient for lives or instores. i'm not spending money travelling around different cities just for sightseeing. but spending money travelling across the country for mejibray is fine).

so far in japan places i've been to are:

- tokyo

- the place around mount fuji where every tourist goes

- osaka

- kyoto

- nagoya

- places all over nagano when i lived there

- places all over yamaguchi while i'm living here

- fukuoka

- kitakyushu (because it's between here and fukuoka and sometimes i end up having to work there. there are no lives or instores there)

- hiroshima (and miyajima)

- sapporo

next month i will go to sendai for the first time~

i miss korea a lot sometimes even though i love japan.

i think the first time i went to japan for 3 weeks in tokyo i brought/spent about £2000 and stayed in a business hotel. i mostly ate convenience store food and travelled by train or subway.

I was hoping there would be a travel topic somewhere on this forum as I take great pleasure in travelling.

I had actually made plans to travel to Japan in 2014, but due to management shift at the department I worked for, I was laid off and I was far too concerned with surviving than travelling so I was unable to follow through with the plan. 

I was born in Karachi, Pakistan and my entire life revolved around travel seeing as my parents shared a passion for exploring the world which I inherited from them. When I was very small we visited Lahore, Islamabad, and Murree in Punjab, all in Pakistan. We also visited India, but I was too small to remember it so I do not know it will count. When I was five years old we visited Dubai, and I distinctly recall how beautiful it was and how clear the water was at the beach we visited. After that we visited New York, U.S.A and from there we drove to Florida to experience Disney World before flying back to Karachi. 

When I was eleven years old we moved to Texas, U.S.A and since then I have visited Maryland, New Jersey, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Bakersfield, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Then I went to Dublin and Shannon, Ireland when I was nineteen years old. I went to Paris, France when I turned twenty one years of age.

I will be going to Puerto Morelos in the Mexican Caribbean this June 2017 for a vacation with my fiance and her family. We plan to visit New Zealand, Italy, London, and then we may plan for Japan after that.  Honestly, I am so enamored by the beauty of this world that I want to see every part of it before I die if I can. 

I love travelling, meet new people and get to know new cultures. 

I have mainly traveled Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Croatia). The only country I've visited outside of Europe is Japan. 

I've been to Finland the most (once a year), as I have a lot of family up there and I love to go there every time <3 I'm always crawing Sauna here.  

My favourite country so far was Norway (have been there 3 times). The landscape is unbelievably beautiful, I can't put it into words, you just have to see for yourself. And of course Japan was awesome, even though I only know Tokyo. 

Next up is going back to Tokyo in February. I also plan to go to Finland in summer and to London in fall. 

Internationally, I've been to:

-England

-France

-Spain

-Aruba

-UAE

-India

Domestically*, I've been to: New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Illinois, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington.

*Breaking this out because the US mainland is bigger than all of Europe, so going from Boston to Portland, for example, is quite a trip. 

I'd really like to make Japan my next trip so I can stalk lady boys and go to awful concerts, but I'm not sure how or when that is going to happen. There's like 230430242 places I'd like to go to as well, but that's #1 haha

I have been the China, Taiwan, Japan, and Canada. Would like to visit Mexico sometime but my  dad is concerned about safety along the border so I'm not sure if I will have a chance to go.

I  have been to Japan twice and would love to go again. The last time I was there in 2014 for an exchange program I made a lot of friends and it would be nice to see some of them again. I enjoyed planning my own trip there last time and I have an itinerary ready for whenever I can go again.

24 minutes ago, Nagisa said:

I have been the China, Taiwan, Japan, and Canada. Would like to visit Mexico sometime but my  dad is concerned about safety along the border so I'm not sure if I will have a chance to go.

I  have been to Japan twice and would love to go again. The last time I was there in 2014 for an exchange program I made a lot of friends and it would be nice to see some of them again. I enjoyed planning my own trip there last time and I have an itinerary ready for whenever I can go again.

What part of Mexico are you wanting to visit? Flights are usually very reasonable, so you can always avoid driving through the border that way. I will be travelling to Puerto Morelos near the Yucatan Peninsula in June, and from my research it appears to be a generally safe place to visit. I have also been to the border for immigration purposes when I first moved from Pakistan to the U.S.A, and though it is extremely busy and chaotic even, it was really not more unsafe than any large U.S city honestly. I feel like Houston, TX which is where I used to live, was more dangerous than the border.

I'd like to visit San Luis Potosi or Oaxaca, but I would be satisfied with visiting anywhere just to be able to say that I have been to Mexico.

Edited by Nagisa

15 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

-Aruba

Ooooh... headed there in about two weeks actually. I'd ask what's good to see, but I'm pretty much headed there for the express purpose of lounging on the beach for a couple days.... not sure how much tourist-ing I'm gonna do.

15 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Domestically*, I've been to: New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Illinois, Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington.

One of my goals is to visit all 50 states. I'm missing: Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, North Dakota and Michigan.

I think North Dakota will be the hardest left.... because I've been to all the states around it. I would basically be going just to North Dakota, and I'm not sure what would really convince me to do that.

(I will admit a couple of those are tenuous "I stopped and got lunch while passing through Iowa.... that counts right?" type visits)

24 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Ooooh... headed there in about two weeks actually. I'd ask what's good to see, but I'm pretty much headed there for the express purpose of lounging on the beach for a couple days.... not sure how much tourist-ing I'm gonna do.

One of my goals is to visit all 50 states. I'm missing: Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, North Dakota and Michigan.

I think North Dakota will be the hardest left.... because I've been to all the states around it. I would basically be going just to North Dakota, and I'm not sure what would really convince me to do that.

(I will admit a couple of those are tenuous "I stopped and got lunch while passing through Iowa.... that counts right?" type visits)

Aruba is literally a small island of just beach resorts, so if you're going there with that intention then you've picked the right destination :P

They do have some touristy stuff, as their main industry is tourism, but I haven't been there in 9~ish years so I'm sure a lot has changed. I remember they had a natural bridge (which has since fallen over), a donkey sanctuary, a coral reef you can snorkel in, and there's a city area as well which I'm sure has some nightlife attractions.

Oh, also, there's a shitton of iguanas everywhere. They like pineapple, so carry some around with you if you want to make some friends.

Most of the states I've listed were because my family used to drive from NY to SC every year. I think the only pass-through states were North Carolina and Maryland. The rest I've actually either stayed in or did other things there.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you with Georgia, as I've been to all the states around it and don't have a real reason to go there. I've heard Atlanta is nice and has a huge aquarium, and I also live off of Diet Coke, so maybe that'll be on my to-go list one day. iirc @CAT5lives there, so that might mean I put it off for even longer (he sucks)

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

18 hours ago, DizzyShiori said:

I love travelling, meet new people and get to know new cultures. 

I have mainly traveled Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Croatia). The only country I've visited outside of Europe is Japan. 

I've been to Finland the most (once a year), as I have a lot of family up there and I love to go there every time <3 I'm always crawing Sauna here.  

My favourite country so far was Norway (have been there 3 times). The landscape is unbelievably beautiful, I can't put it into words, you just have to see for yourself. And of course Japan was awesome, even though I only know Tokyo. 

Next up is going back to Tokyo in February. I also plan to go to Finland in summer and to London in fall. 

Which part of Finland are you considering/visiting this summer though?

Aside from occasional "good summers" around ze west coast and "ideal, lovely winters" a bit further off from Rovaniemi we really don't have anything else. "Bah, my place's a grim shithole" - thinking has been bugging me for years and tbqh I envy people with remaining optimism in ups of my home country.

So perhaps I am one of the few folks here who travel here and there in the light of "what if"-kind of explorations (bluntly: "how to get the fuck out and to where exactly"). But lately certain parts of China (the first visit is not enough), Belarus, British Columbia, Australia and prolly even Hokkaido have become quite tempting in my books. However, I am still eager to find myself once more in Singapore, Prague or somewhere around Okinawa so one can only dream about cohesive plans in my boots.

P.S. this hipsterite me is not really into holiday resorts, sorry.

Edited by Alroy

On 18.1.2017 at 4:39 PM, Carmelzors said:

Which part of Finland are you considering/visiting this summer though?

Aside from occasional "good summers" around ze west coast and "ideal, lovely winters" a bit further off from Rovaniemi we really don't have anything else. "Bah, my place's a grim shithole" - thinking has been bugging me for years and tbqh I envy people with remaining optimism in ups of my home country.

Well I will first head to Lapinlahti, maybe visit Kupio and spend the last days in Helsinki/Suomenlinna.

I don't know how Finland can't be loved, of course I have been there mainly in summer but I also liked the few winters I have been there. 

I really love travelling a lot. I like meeting new people (altough I'm pretty shy)

I've already visited nearly every big and interesting town in Germany (main reason: concerts). My favorite towns here are definitely Berlin and Munich.

I spend some holidays in the Netherlands and Austria (mostly Vienna) too, but I didn't see much there because everytime I went there it was way too cold to stay outside.

I also went to France (Nice and Paris) but I'm pretty sure that I don't want to visit this country again, only made bad experiences there...

London was a great trip too although it was raining nearly every day. Definitely worth it to travel there again.

But my biggest archivements are my trips to Tokyo. I fell in love with this town at the first sight and I really can't wait to come back there one day. I've only stayed around 6 days each time and I really want to stay longer when I'll go there again.
Maybe some of you know some places I should visit there next time?

Right now in a piss-stenched ship cabin recharging my phone. The life.

I'd rather just die right away than be in the same place doing the same shit every day. For so many years I was just grinding in my shit flat, trying to introduce variety by going to different cafes, pubs and restaurants every day and really at the end of the day doing fuckall. Now my work allows me to do the lion's share on the laptop, so fuck Finland lol. This year I had a good month in Europe and this is my second tour. I would have gone earlier had terrible luck with my health not intervened ( thanks to the variety of different foreign bacteria in foods abroad for one, barf. ) This time I'll be away for about three weeks going around in Hungary-Serbia-Ukraine and then I'll hit back home for a little while, and in May I'll do the Baltics in succession. I try to save as much money as possible by staying in hostel dorm rooms and such, and it's not as bad as one might think. I really enjoy meeting new people anyway and so far all my experiences have been excellent. Really the only cons I have come across have been: 1. Don't let anyone else do your laundry. They will ruin your clothes 2. Too much drinking 3. Not that much exercise if any 4. Having a good diet is hard. This time I'm going to have more salads, less vodka and do push ups and shadowbox when nobody is around. It's still worth it of course.