Trombe

凛(lin) will resume activities

megaromania just took over haha, now i can be a fan of this band! I cant wait to here sui again. synk:yet was a good stand in though.

I really don't understand everyone's obsession with Riku. I actually think he wasn't even that good and that Kisaki has worked with better vocalists before in various bands and projects (Jui, anyone?). As some people have already stated Kisaki only worked together with him in two bands and his side projects so there is no "a Kisaki band needs Riku!" rule.

And as mediocre as Lin was with a better line-up this could maybe change for the better. A few Megaromania influences wouldn't be that bad and enchance the song writing and Sui has progressed so much since the days he was in Metis Gretel (which you can't say about Riku) that i am really excited to hear him singing again.

i don't know why my first thought was too, why, where is riku. did they break up? lol

i always thought i prefer if bands change their name if they change members.

everytime i see it not only in this case.  maybe it's not good marketing at all because it's like starting over. and you will loose time and money.

but you'll always have emotional baggage even if all the previous members have no problem and there was no argument.

cases in the past made me more furious when bands kept the name

I like sui i really do but for the most part i always felt if he was gone both metis and megaromania's music would be better for it. I like his voice but i feel they could do much better... I do like his deeper vocals though.

I really don't understand everyone's obsession with Riku. I actually think he wasn't even that good and that Kisaki has worked with better vocalists before in various bands and projects (Jui, anyone?). As some people have already stated Kisaki only worked together with him in two bands and his side projects so there is no "a Kisaki band needs Riku!" rule.

And as mediocre as Lin was with a better line-up this could maybe change for the better. A few Megaromania influences wouldn't be that bad and enchance the song writing and Sui has progressed so much since the days he was in Metis Gretel (which you can't say about Riku) that i am really excited to hear him singing again.

This I agree with completely. Instead of growing, Riku has more or less deteriorated after 凛's first three releases or so (as if forever exists. and their self-titled are still the stand-outs). He sounds bored in my opinion, you could tell two years ago already that he was done with singing for Kisaki, he looks like a gravewalker during lives and his voice pretty much is listless. 

Sui is lively, still, he's always had great charisma whereas Riku often appears as a total cock. I really hope to see this growing and I wonder how Misery sounds together with Kyohei (or what's his new name), but I guess with three great composers in one band there's the signature sound of Phantasmagoria and Megaromania coming back (man, I love synthesizers and choir-verse). 

HOLY SHIT, sui and misery in the line up im sold. am i the only one feeling like this is megaromania version 2? kisaki is a genius to have them join. megaromania was the most popular ucp band.

This I agree with completely. Instead of growing, Riku has more or less deteriorated after 凛's first three releases or so (as if forever exists. and their self-titled are still the stand-outs). He sounds bored in my opinion, you could tell two years ago already that he was done with singing for Kisaki, he looks like a gravewalker during lives and his voice pretty much is listless. 

Sui is lively, still, he's always had great charisma whereas Riku often appears as a total cock. I really hope to see this growing and I wonder how Misery sounds together with Kyohei (or what's his new name), but I guess with three great composers in one band there's the signature sound of Phantasmagoria and Megaromania coming back (man, I love synthesizers and choir-verse). 

I agree too. RIKU was very amazing in HISKAREA and later in early Phantasmagoria around 2003~2006. He had such great emotional voice, charisma, he put his whole soul in it. But year by year he was being totally worn out. Just a shadow of the past's greatest one.

But i think the most important for the band is MISERY. He is so much greater solo guitarist and composer, than KANATA ever could be.

Absolutely i'm looking forward to it :)

I just hope Misery composes stuff for this new Lin band, just as Kanata did before. The Kisaki+Misery+Sui as in Transparent Shine sounds great for me though. The Megaromania version of Variant Jihad was better than the Mago version in my opinion so I'm highly pleased with the potential of this unit.

Any info on label though? I considered BPR since Lin already did some kind of collaboration with As If Forever Exists. (it was with BPR right?) -- but since they just let Codomo Dragon in and said it was just a special case, I don't think they will let Lin in.

Is Shimizuya still around? Sui's pants reminded me of Lycaon somehow, so it may be an option (lol) -- it doesn't look like they are with Kiwamu anyway (more lol) so I really wonder if they are with any of those new mini-labels created when UCP dissolved. Anyway I don't really follow the scene anymore so I don't know if everything I'm saying is just bs.

^ Finally someone agreeing with me on Transparant Shine, I don't understand why everyone is shredding it to pieces all the time (although probably because Kisaki composed half of it and a lot of people already say his music sucks without even listening to it simply because they don't like him -- which I do not understand either). If everything's going to sound like that, I couldn't wish for a better lineup in this case because it's one of my favourite VK-tracks of all time. 

For the label... maybe the first single will be self-released, then perhaps, looking at Kisaki's contacts, they'll slide in with BPR, Musoukai (Ray's new label), Sherow Artist Society (?), maybe even Universal (although unlikely as they're major) or he'll again start something for himself. Who knows.

I think i will more love this band with this line up, I prefer Sui on vocal than Riku.

this look is really good too... but MIZALY from megaromania is new nickname for Misery right ?

Any info on label though? I considered BPR since Lin already did some kind of collaboration with As If Forever Exists. (it was with BPR right?) -- but since they just let Codomo Dragon in and said it was just a special case, I don't think they will let Lin in.

Is Shimizuya still around? Sui's pants reminded me of Lycaon somehow, so it may be an option (lol) -- it doesn't look like they are with Kiwamu anyway (more lol) so I really wonder if they are with any of those new mini-labels created when UCP dissolved. Anyway I don't really follow the scene anymore so I don't know if everything I'm saying is just bs.

as for BPR, i dont think we called it collaboration as almost all under-code bands mv and live dvd were done by BPR. u know, what i mean is their studio for mv and the production staffs r all from BPR. its something like u went to studio to take photos in various places but it actually u r in studio. and the studio is owned by BPR or b'forest.

shimizuya still around since they still have lycaon.

Does anybody have any news drom RIKU ?

I really loved Phantasmagoria and loved to see him in Lin. But now I'm looking foward to see new stuff.

Please

Does anybody have any news drom RIKU ?

I really loved Phantasmagoria and loved to see him in Lin. But now I'm looking foward to see new stuff.

Please

I have been wondering the same thing. I thought for sure he would bring back Chariots or start a new band 

He's only trolling on Twitter as far as I know. He unfollowed everyone and blocked everyone related to UNDER CODE. I'm glad he left the scene because of his pathetic attitude, his voice is missed however.